ADVERTISEMENT

COMBINED RESULTS at bottom of post--Poll- Win Basketball or Football vs. UofL

If you could only pick one, would you rather UK beat UofL in basketball or football this year?

• Basketball

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Football

Votes: 68 82.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kentucky can lose a basketball game to UL and still win a National championship in basketball. (1998)
UL can lose a BB game to UK and still win a NC. (1986)

Neither UK or UL can lose to each other and win the National Championship in football.

If for any reason, UK winning is a better bowl payout.

A lot of the lesser bowl payouts don't pay the team's expenses, but still very valuable to the program. And UK shares in the bowl payouts for some of the lucrative bowls. Read that the playoff teams don't have to share, I don't understand that. May have misunderstood but I think I read that bama for instance keeps the NC payout money.

Edit, should have said the bowls don't pay enough to cover the teams expenses, and remember a lot of it is distributed to all the other teams, so you get more back than you lose from the sharing in a minor bowl.

Last edited:
Like basketball more but this is a no-brainer. Football all day.

I think the last question your asking is easier then the one the OP asked. Definitely would be a post season basketball win, your playing for a title and a chance to stop your rival from winning one. I love UK football and the regular season is more meaningful in football so to the OPs question it would be football, but at the end of the day chances are the UK Vs UofL football game would never be for a chance at the title.

Fair response. I don't know that I agree that I'd take the postseason basketball win over the football win, but I totally understand your logic. IT would be a tough choice for me.

From googling, it looks like our NYD6 and playoff teams get a bit over two million off the top, and then divisions are done.

I don’t think all teams do, but my understanding is that all SEC teams do.

I’ll google it!

Thanks, didn't sound fair to me.

What I read made me think all the SEC teams shared the money from their bowls EXCEPT the NC playoff teams, like Bama, which seemed really unfair to me. Not sure if true though, hope not, that is where the big money is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT