ADVERTISEMENT

UK Has Just Secured Their Ultimate Win Over UofL

I for one am glad to see a few UL fans posting. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to cut it up with the enemy. Now y’all go and get your board in order because it’s an echo chamber.

About finding a new home, we may see the impact of all the trouble UL has gotten into as of late. It hasn’t come up explicitly yet but I bet it’s lurking. Be that as it may, I think the ACC holds on for a couple more years. Probably adding SMU or someone similar. It seems the west coast schools were not well received

Oh that is so stupid, as if we didn't watch Drew Brees take Purdue to the Rose Bowl, or be a consistent winner for over a decade with Joe Tiller. A Purdue coach who got more 9 win seasons than Brohm could dream of doing - when it was an 11 game season, not 12.

Educate yourself moron, Purdue ain't Northwestern, the actual Big 10 version of Vandy.
Why do you have to insult people to make your point??? So tired of seeing this.

I will generally agree with your view of the future.

But I must nitpick: UK has not “secured” this outcome. It was handed to us during a five-seven year period of revelations of pretty squalid issues at U of L.

Short only of Penn State’s hideous issues,, U of L had a stunning moral, philosophical, financial and administrative meltdown, that constituted a persistent “drip, drip, drip,” effect, which was worse even than Penn State’s circumstances which resolved more quickly.

I will not list the issues, most of which served some period of time on the “banners” of ESPN and other sports shows, but will just remind that there were many, scattered over at least 5 years.

This has left the small but loyal fan base reeling. To this day, there are posts on public forums defending the former President, Jurich, Petino and Petrino, with some hankering for their return, or at least a return to the era and errors that ultimately pummeled U of L into near oblivion.

And there are posts that go beyond yours: some few blame UK, directly, for the half-decade of dark and decadent revelations.

And some have left the Cardinal’s nest, completely: the moral excesses and quandaries simply proved too much for some to withstand.

Even visiting a Cardinal Forum has become off limits to almost all . . . . except for the tortured minority who tenaciously clung to the sinking ship.

And in a sense, I can feel their pain. All any rival need post or speak of to re-open the multiple, massive wounds are one-word or brief memes unique to U of L’s folly and decade of regret . . . Sypher, U6, strippers, stripped title, Papa John’s, extortion, Yum Deal, Ramsey, guns, etc., etc.

You say that U of L has chosen a poor time to be weak in the two prominent revenue sports.

This is true.

But in retrospect, that weakness was forced upon a gullible and complicit fan base that tolerated so much for so long, that many lost their inherent sense of dignity and still openly pine for a return to the cesspool from which they were forcibly extracted.
nailed it
UL sold their souls to the Jurich regime and now they are paying the price

Yep both of UofL's historic rivals (UK and UC) are in better positions now than UofL.

Heck I'm in Orlando now and it's amazing how UCF has blown by UofL. When I first moved here UCF was largely nothing and now UCF has an undefeated season and (while I think it's largely mythical) a "National Title". They have more of a claim to one than UofL. They have a nice football stadium that I think they are going to expand and a nice basketball stadium (even though their basketball team is junk).

While UofL did sweep UCF in the recent football series long term UCF is in the better position. Better recruiting, a young but growing fan base (UCF dwarfs UofL in terms of students and even if only 25% of those students become diehard UCF fans that's still a good alumni base to draw from) and for now a better conference situation.

Plus I know UofL fans will never get over UCF beating them in football in 2013 and taking away what would have been a guaranteed New Year's Six bowl. UCF has been three New Year's Six bowls since UofL was last in a major bowl.

Honestly last year's UofL game against UCF in Orlando was when it first hit me that I had really started to lose my UofL fandom. The way some of the UofL fans were talking smack and being disrespectful in the stands but more than that after the game when UofL fans were talking about their tailgating plans for the next game and local stuff going on. It was really what made me start to realize I was largely disconnected from the rest of the UofL fan base and really didn't care.

It's an eye opener and a tremendous gift when you get a look from the outside at where you thought you once belonged.

Reactions: bluecoon1
They'll get lucky and get bailed out by one of the top conferences.

Or a network... With all of the race-baiting and SJ stuff that's being pushed, some network will push hard for UL not be left out.

UK is an original member of the SEC. The SEC is in our blood and engrained in our culture.

UofL is obviously not the flagship state school, but it's not Gonzaga either. They have nearly 23,000 students. It has always baffled me why they have had issues finding a long-term home.

C-USA, AAC, now the ACC, and who knows what's next.

I am genuinely curious why they have had so much conference turnover.

It's like changing lanes constantly on the interstate. Sometimes it catches up with you. If they had stayed where they could dominate just a few more years, they might be in the discussion more than they seem to be now. They always got stuck behind a slow-mover in the fast lane when the highway switched to 3 lanes and got passed by teams they should've beaten.

That tends to happen to teams with the attitude UL has had for decades. They haven't shown any class on and off the field during that time. It's hard to feel bad about where they are when they've had the entitlement and hateful attitude towards UK and the state of Kentucky.

I for one am glad to see a few UL fans posting. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to cut it up with the enemy. Now y’all go and get your board in order because it’s an echo chamber.

About finding a new home, we may see the impact of all the trouble UL has gotten into as of late. It hasn’t come up explicitly yet but I bet it’s lurking. Be that as it may, I think the ACC holds on for a couple more years. Probably adding SMU or someone similar. It seems the west coast schools were not well received
I used to be able to debate with my UL friends for hours. There is no debate now. The internet
At least you're realistic. I had a UofL fan I work with tell me that every team in the SEC voted for Louisville to get in except UK...lol.
and I’m sure he said we voted that way because we are scared of them right???

Reactions: MbergCat

I used to be able to debate with my UL friends for hours. There is no debate now. The internet
I will generally agree with your view of the future.

But I must nitpick: UK has not “secured” this outcome. It was handed to us during a five-seven year period of revelations of pretty squalid issues at U of L.

Short only of Penn State’s hideous issues,, U of L had a stunning moral, philosophical, financial and administrative meltdown, that constituted a persistent “drip, drip, drip,” effect, which was worse even than Penn State’s circumstances which resolved more quickly.

I will not list the issues, most of which served some period of time on the “banners” of ESPN and other sports shows, but will just remind that there were many, scattered over at least 5 years.

This has left the small but loyal fan base reeling. To this day, there are posts on public forums defending the former President, Jurich, Petino and Petrino, with some hankering for their return, or at least a return to the era and errors that ultimately pummeled U of L into near oblivion.

And there are posts that go beyond yours: some few blame UK, directly, for the half-decade of dark and decadent revelations.

And some have left the Cardinal’s nest, completely: the moral excesses and quandaries simply proved too much for some to withstand.

Even visiting a Cardinal Forum has become off limits to almost all . . . . except for the tortured minority who tenaciously clung to the sinking ship.

And in a sense, I can feel their pain. All any rival need post or speak of to re-open the multiple, massive wounds are one-word or brief memes unique to U of L’s folly and decade of regret . . . Sypher, U6, strippers, stripped title, Papa John’s, extortion, Yum Deal, Ramsey, guns, etc., etc.

You say that U of L has chosen a poor time to be weak in the two prominent revenue sports.

This is true.

But in retrospect, that weakness was forced upon a gullible and complicit fan base that tolerated so much for so long, that many lost their inherent sense of dignity and still openly pine for a return to the cesspool from which they were forcibly extracted.
lol. Hack says numerous issues that he won’t mention….. then lists 7 of those issues. No way I could not list some either Hack. Only problem is you left out media strangle hold, embezzlement of the Foundation, political payoffs for the Yum. You could have expanded more in my big blue mind.

LOL What interest is soaring?
As of May 18, Kentucky had sold 36,318 season tickets. That number was around 1,500 more than the same time last year and already 95% of the total number of season tickets sold in 2022 (38,262). Included in that total are 2,800 new season ticket purchases.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...-football/article275612461.html#storylink=cpy

Louisville football season ticket sales are approaching 36,000, an increase of about 20% over last season. Within the administration, there is talk of bumping that number closer to 38,000 before the home opener while adding as many as 10,000 new season ticket holders.

nailed it
UL sold their souls to the Jurich regime and now they are paying the price
Wait just a political minute. Over half of my UL friends firmly believe UL never did Anything wrong. They say all the senators in Frankfort and the governor are all UK fans and launched a campaign to destroy them. They say the governor specifically was jealous that Jurich had more power in the State than him. They say the campaign was launched as soon as Lamar brought them into National Championship contention. This all sounds so foolish unless you watched our senators and house members try to systematically impeach or imprison a sitting president. Damn Federal Government took all my ammo away to argue this silliness.

Louisville wont vote to break the GOR without a clear place to go. Big 12 likely has said no, and that’s the only major who might take them. SEC, Kentucky will say no and it doesn’t add a tv market. It adds a tv market for the B1G, but no academics and mediocre football. The trap of the GOR is the best place for LOU until they have a clear exit strategy.

Reports are UL was 1 of 11 ACC teams wanting to invite Stanford and Cal-Berkley. Expansion was killed by vetoes from FSU, Clemson, UNC, NC St (football serious programs). Invites was by initiative of Notre Dame - not a football member!

Is it any wonder FSU is looking at anything and everything to exit?

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I say that as a UofL fan. With everything that has happened with UofL over the last couple of years and now conference realignment, UofL long term is done for.

Most UofL fans will still be in denial and will never admit it but UofL is done. UofL picked a bad time to be bad in both major sports. With conference realignment it's only a matter of time before the SEC takes 4 teams from the ACC and while it might be a few years long term there's nothing UofL can do about it. And unlike some delusional UofL fans I'll admit there's no way UofL is getting into the SEC or Big 10.

At best UofL will end up long term in the Big 12 but even that is not for certain. With the addition or Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah there's only 4 spots left and that's if the Big 12 doesn't get more Pac 12 schools like Stanford, Cal, Oregon State or Washington State. I think Cal will go Independent or drop football before they join the Big 12 and I think Stanford will go Independent and will wait to go to the Big 10 with Notre Dame. With that said I could still see Oregon State (maybe not so much Washington State, they are doomed most likely to the Mountain West) maybe getting into the Big 12. Even if it comes down to the ACC I'm sure we would all agree the Big 12 is most likely taking Miami first simply due to location and recruiting. After that I could easily see schools like NC State and Virginia Tech (if they don't go to the SEC) being above UofL and even schools like Pittsburgh possibly being above UofL. While I think UofL would ultimately end up in the Big 12 if the ACC dissolves I don't think it's a guarantee like most UofL fans think.

But beyond all that. The horrific basketball team that our Athletic Department could care less about (if they cared at all Payne is gone last season), the lack of leadership with the President and the AD and the lack of investment and the lack of vision regarding NIL has soured me on UofL as a whole.

Even if UofL goes join the Big 12 the school is done. Congratulations UK, you have just secured the ultimate win. By being in the SEC you will always have more money for coaches, facilities and recruiting. If the SEC and the Big 10 break away from the NCAA for football you will always have the chance, no matter how slim, of a National Title. Whereas UofL will once again be locked out and never have that chance. Even if Brohm succeeds at UofL there will be the risk of an SEC or Big 10 school poaching him. I now wonder if he regrets his decision knowing now that UofL is once again in a precarious position regarding conference realignment. It's very frustrating as I truly believed UofL was set long term once they got in the ACC. That UofL would never deal with this again and alas here we are again.

Congratulations UK from a now former UofL fan. I seriously doubt you'll have much to worry about from UofL going forward, at least in football and men's basketball. While I mostly grew up in Louisville and most of my family live in Louisville I did partially grow up in Louisiana and always cheered for LSU as my secondary team. LSU was definitely the team I wanted to see do well in terms of SEC teams. Considering I don't even live in Louisville anymore I'll probably switch to cheering for LSU primarily. But congratulations again on your ultimate victory over UofL.
I would consider hiring Jurich back. Say what you want, he got s#@% done. It's do or die time. If your Louisville I'd rather get in with Jurich then be out, potentially for good without him. I would hand him a folder with what I wanted done, a print out of his resources (blank Adidas check) and simply say, here you go Tom... Now get it done.

Reactions: Lamar Card
As of May 18, Kentucky had sold 36,318 season tickets. That number was around 1,500 more than the same time last year and already 95% of the total number of season tickets sold in 2022 (38,262). Included in that total are 2,800 new season ticket purchases.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...-football/article275612461.html#storylink=cpy

Louisville football season ticket sales are approaching 36,000, an increase of about 20% over last season. Within the administration, there is talk of bumping that number closer to 38,000 before the home opener while adding as many as 10,000 new season ticket holders.
No one is interested in Louisville football outside of Their own fan base and city.

I’m as blue as they come but must point out that at our recent QB club luncheon when Jeff Broehm was the speaker we had an historic high turnout. So there still is s very loyal fan base . If Brohm is successful and KP has a good year with his additions people tend to think about the present and forget pass issues.
Once UK thumps Loserville AGAIN this year
The Brohm lovers will tar and feather him still Little Brother

Louisville wont vote to break the GOR without a clear place to go. Big 12 likely has said no, and that’s the only major who might take them. SEC, Kentucky will say no and it doesn’t add a tv market. It adds a tv market for the B1G, but no academics and mediocre football. The trap of the GOR is the best place for LOU until they have a clear exit strategy.

I have no clue if the SEC is looking to add ACC teams, but be sure the days of a school blackballing an instate school are over. At one time UK, UGA, USC and UF had an agreement to keep a 2nd team from those states out. Now those 4 aren't enough votes and if expansion takes place it will be the commissioner deciding who gets an invite.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I say that as a UofL fan. With everything that has happened with UofL over the last couple of years and now conference realignment, UofL long term is done for.

Most UofL fans will still be in denial and will never admit it but UofL is done. UofL picked a bad time to be bad in both major sports. With conference realignment it's only a matter of time before the SEC takes 4 teams from the ACC and while it might be a few years long term there's nothing UofL can do about it. And unlike some delusional UofL fans I'll admit there's no way UofL is getting into the SEC or Big 10.

At best UofL will end up long term in the Big 12 but even that is not for certain. With the addition or Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah there's only 4 spots left and that's if the Big 12 doesn't get more Pac 12 schools like Stanford, Cal, Oregon State or Washington State. I think Cal will go Independent or drop football before they join the Big 12 and I think Stanford will go Independent and will wait to go to the Big 10 with Notre Dame. With that said I could still see Oregon State (maybe not so much Washington State, they are doomed most likely to the Mountain West) maybe getting into the Big 12. Even if it comes down to the ACC I'm sure we would all agree the Big 12 is most likely taking Miami first simply due to location and recruiting. After that I could easily see schools like NC State and Virginia Tech (if they don't go to the SEC) being above UofL and even schools like Pittsburgh possibly being above UofL. While I think UofL would ultimately end up in the Big 12 if the ACC dissolves I don't think it's a guarantee like most UofL fans think.

But beyond all that. The horrific basketball team that our Athletic Department could care less about (if they cared at all Payne is gone last season), the lack of leadership with the President and the AD and the lack of investment and the lack of vision regarding NIL has soured me on UofL as a whole.

Even if UofL goes join the Big 12 the school is done. Congratulations UK, you have just secured the ultimate win. By being in the SEC you will always have more money for coaches, facilities and recruiting. If the SEC and the Big 10 break away from the NCAA for football you will always have the chance, no matter how slim, of a National Title. Whereas UofL will once again be locked out and never have that chance. Even if Brohm succeeds at UofL there will be the risk of an SEC or Big 10 school poaching him. I now wonder if he regrets his decision knowing now that UofL is once again in a precarious position regarding conference realignment. It's very frustrating as I truly believed UofL was set long term once they got in the ACC. That UofL would never deal with this again and alas here we are again.

Congratulations UK from a now former UofL fan. I seriously doubt you'll have much to worry about from UofL going forward, at least in football and men's basketball. While I mostly grew up in Louisville and most of my family live in Louisville I did partially grow up in Louisiana and always cheered for LSU as my secondary team. LSU was definitely the team I wanted to see do well in terms of SEC teams. Considering I don't even live in Louisville anymore I'll probably switch to cheering for LSU primarily. But congratulations again on your ultimate victory over UofL.
The fact you'll concede anything to UK proves you were never a true Cardinal fan. Good riddance, you will not be missed. Don't forget to take Card out of your screen name.

Reactions: Lamar Card
I would consider hiring Jurich back. Say what you want, he got s#@% done. It's do or die time. If your Louisville I'd rather get in with Jurich then be out, potentially for good without him. I would hand him a folder with what I wanted done, a print out of his resources (blank Adidas check) and simply say, here you go Tom... Now get it done.
Of course you would, that's the 7's way

Reactions: JHB4UK
We don't ban on this site like they do on 7's rival site, but finally put this please look at me idiot on ignore.

Dang I feel cleansed!
I only post on threads where the topic is UofL. Primarily to refute disinformation and I do so with published articles. Not my opinion. No bashing. No trash talk.

The poster said no one mentions UofL as a sleeper team. A quick search and I found four articles mentioning UofL as a sleeper team.

Another poster mocked that there is no interest in UofL football. I posted information that shows football season ticket sales are up 20% and nearing the level of UK season ticket sales.

I appreciate the mods letting me challenge disinformation with published articles.

I only post on threads where the topic is UofL. Primarily to refute disinformation and I do so with published articles. Not my opinion. No bashing. No trash talk.

The poster said no one mentions UofL as a sleeper team. A quick search and I found four articles mentioning UofL as a sleeper team.

Another poster mocked that there is no interest in UofL football. I posted information that shows football season ticket sales are up 20% and nearing the level of UK season ticket sales.

I appreciate the mods letting me challenge disinformation with published articles.
yeah there is never any disinformation in published articles.

Whereas, I got banned from "Cardinal Sports" for merely posting a link to University of San Francisco's website. As part of their MBA curriculum, USF had published a case study on Ransey's handling of the UofL Foundation about ethics in administering a Non-Profit entity.

I had posted that link (Without any personal commentary) in response to another poster's question if Ramsey were really guilty of any malfeasance.

James R. Ramsey’s School for Scandal
Misappropriated Funds, Dual Relationships, and other Unethical Leadership Practices at the University of Louisville

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Whereas, I got banned from "Cardinal Sports" for merely posting a link to University of San Francisco's website. As part of their MBA curriculum, USF had published a case study on Ransey's handling of the UofL Foundation about ethics in administering a Non-Profit entity.

I had posted that link (Without any personal commentary) in response to another poster's question if Ramsey were really guilty of any malfeasance.

James R. Ramsey’s School for Scandal
Misappropriated Funds, Dual Relationships, and other Unethical Leadership Practices at the University of Louisville
I was banned for asking about an assistant coach. It was a simple question nothing derogatory.

It's not untrue that UL has managed to land on its feet in the past, but I don't think many UL fans can feel too comfortable that the next round will be kind to UL. I think the most likely landing spot is the Big 12, but if the big 12 is already at 20+ teams, I'm not sure sure they'll want another middling school in the mix. UL is not getting into the big 10 or SEC, it's simply not attractive to those conferences. So, it's either the Big 12 or praying that the ACC stays together. not exactly an enviable position.

Reactions: vhcat70

And we are all so thankful that you run here to “refute disinformation”. If you didn’t who knows what kind of wild notions we would have about ul.
We would probably think you are some kind of a win at all costs, rogue, poor academic institution that doesn’t matter in major college athletics.

I don’t know why we continue to allow these clowns on this board. They add nothing.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
And we are all so thankful that you run here to “refute disinformation”. If you didn’t who knows what kind of wild notions we would have about ul.
We would probably think you are some kind of a win at all costs, rogue, poor academic institution that doesn’t matter in major college athletics.

I don’t know why we continue to allow these clowns on this board. They add nothing.
Basil Cat ignore brother no biggie, just mice trying to be significant.

We have bigger things to deal with, they have a 4 game schedule. If they screw that up well.

Reactions: Basil Cat
Evidently, based on season ticket sales, not many more are all that interested in UK football.
Do you know how I know your stadium needs to redo your seats? Because when we beat your ass last year and the place was 3/4 empty I could see the discolored seats that didn't match from one section to another. It seems that some seats had been empty for so long they were even more faded than others. Enjoy your season.

Reactions: ktbug

I don’t know why we continue to allow these clowns on this board. They add not

You want to bet $100 on a straight up bet for the game?
Yes, have your people contact my people to make the arrangements.

Reports are UL was 1 of 11 ACC teams wanting to invite Stanford and Cal-Berkley. Expansion was killed by vetoes from FSU, Clemson, UNC, NC St (football serious programs). Invites was by initiative of Notre Dame - not a football member!

Is it any wonder FSU is looking at anything and everything to exit?
The ACC is likely to add Stanford, Cal, and SMU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT