ADVERTISEMENT

UK Has Just Secured Their Ultimate Win Over UofL

Statistics
SportFootball
First meetingOctober 26, 1912
Kentucky, 41–0
Latest meetingNovember 26, 2022
Kentucky, 26–13
Next meetingNovember 25, 2023 (Louisville)
StadiumsKentucky - Kroger Field
Louisville - Cardinal Stadium
TrophyThe Governor's Cup
Meetings total34
All-time seriesKentucky, 19–15[1]
Largest victoryKentucky, 73–0 (1922)
Longest win streakKentucky, 7 (1912–1994)
Current win streakKentucky, 4 (2018–present)

Remember when ul fans bragged about just dominating in football? LOL.
Need to get that H2H higher but love it. Lol

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Hey Rocky quick question:

How many weeks did bear brohm have Purdue in the top 25 in the years he spent there?
Winning at Purdue is about the equivalent to winning at Vanderbilt, he did pretty well imo. Question for you (without me looking it up) during that span how many more weeks was Kentucky ranked compared to Purdue?

I can still see LOU getting into the big 12. Another state for tv market, traditionally high ratings for college sports since there’s no pro teams in the city. Plus there’s not really all they much to pick from. Lou will still draw more than say, Arizona St, it’s just that the big 12 had to act fast and take on some less than desirable teams to kill the pac 12 for good.

Winning at Purdue is about the equivalent to winning at Vanderbilt, he did pretty well imo. Question for you (without me looking it up) during that span how many more weeks was Kentucky ranked compared to Purdue?
I can answer that one easy, 1 week for Brohm, Vandy a private school isn't a good comparison I don't think anyways.

UK from 2018-22 many weeks

Last edited:
Reactions: warrior-cat
Oh that is so stupid, as if we didn't watch Drew Brees take Purdue to the Rose Bowl, or be a consistent winner for over a decade with Joe Tiller. A Purdue coach who got more 9 win seasons than Brohm could dream of doing - when it was an 11 game season, not 12.

Educate yourself moron, Purdue ain't Northwestern, the actual Big 10 version of Vandy.

Oh that is so stupid, as if we didn't watch Drew Brees take Purdue to the Rose Bowl, or be a consistent winner for over a decade with Joe Tiller. A Purdue coach who got more 9 win seasons than Brohm could dream of doing - when it was an 11 game season, not 12.

Educate yourself moron, Purdue ain't Northwestern, the actual Big 10 version of Vandy.
OUCH stinger!

Reactions: Girthang and JHB4UK
If Purdue played in the Big 10 East and Brohm had a .500 record I would be slightly impressed. But he did it in the West where Iowa and Wisconsin have been the 2 best teams and he also had Indiana on his schedule every year from the East. He has basically had an ACC schedule his entire time at Purdue.

I say that as a UofL fan. With everything that has happened with UofL over the last couple of years and now conference realignment, UofL long term is done for.

Most UofL fans will still be in denial and will never admit it but UofL is done. UofL picked a bad time to be bad in both major sports. With conference realignment it's only a matter of time before the SEC takes 4 teams from the ACC and while it might be a few years long term there's nothing UofL can do about it. And unlike some delusional UofL fans I'll admit there's no way UofL is getting into the SEC or Big 10.

At best UofL will end up long term in the Big 12 but even that is not for certain. With the addition or Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah there's only 4 spots left and that's if the Big 12 doesn't get more Pac 12 schools like Stanford, Cal, Oregon State or Washington State. I think Cal will go Independent or drop football before they join the Big 12 and I think Stanford will go Independent and will wait to go to the Big 10 with Notre Dame. With that said I could still see Oregon State (maybe not so much Washington State, they are doomed most likely to the Mountain West) maybe getting into the Big 12. Even if it comes down to the ACC I'm sure we would all agree the Big 12 is most likely taking Miami first simply due to location and recruiting. After that I could easily see schools like NC State and Virginia Tech (if they don't go to the SEC) being above UofL and even schools like Pittsburgh possibly being above UofL. While I think UofL would ultimately end up in the Big 12 if the ACC dissolves I don't think it's a guarantee like most UofL fans think.

But beyond all that. The horrific basketball team that our Athletic Department could care less about (if they cared at all Payne is gone last season), the lack of leadership with the President and the AD and the lack of investment and the lack of vision regarding NIL has soured me on UofL as a whole.

Even if UofL goes join the Big 12 the school is done. Congratulations UK, you have just secured the ultimate win. By being in the SEC you will always have more money for coaches, facilities and recruiting. If the SEC and the Big 10 break away from the NCAA for football you will always have the chance, no matter how slim, of a National Title. Whereas UofL will once again be locked out and never have that chance. Even if Brohm succeeds at UofL there will be the risk of an SEC or Big 10 school poaching him. I now wonder if he regrets his decision knowing now that UofL is once again in a precarious position regarding conference realignment. It's very frustrating as I truly believed UofL was set long term once they got in the ACC. That UofL would never deal with this again and alas here we are again.

Congratulations UK from a now former UofL fan. I seriously doubt you'll have much to worry about from UofL going forward, at least in football and men's basketball. While I mostly grew up in Louisville and most of my family live in Louisville I did partially grow up in Louisiana and always cheered for LSU as my secondary team. LSU was definitely the team I wanted to see do well in terms of SEC teams. Considering I don't even live in Louisville anymore I'll probably switch to cheering for LSU primarily. But congratulations again on your ultimate victory over UofL.
At least you're realistic. I had a UofL fan I work with tell me that every team in the SEC voted for Louisville to get in except UK...lol.

I say that as a UofL fan. With everything that has happened with UofL over the last couple of years and now conference realignment, UofL long term is done for.

Most UofL fans will still be in denial and will never admit it but UofL is done. UofL picked a bad time to be bad in both major sports. With conference realignment it's only a matter of time before the SEC takes 4 teams from the ACC and while it might be a few years long term there's nothing UofL can do about it. And unlike some delusional UofL fans I'll admit there's no way UofL is getting into the SEC or Big 10.

At best UofL will end up long term in the Big 12 but even that is not for certain. With the addition or Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah there's only 4 spots left and that's if the Big 12 doesn't get more Pac 12 schools like Stanford, Cal, Oregon State or Washington State. I think Cal will go Independent or drop football before they join the Big 12 and I think Stanford will go Independent and will wait to go to the Big 10 with Notre Dame. With that said I could still see Oregon State (maybe not so much Washington State, they are doomed most likely to the Mountain West) maybe getting into the Big 12. Even if it comes down to the ACC I'm sure we would all agree the Big 12 is most likely taking Miami first simply due to location and recruiting. After that I could easily see schools like NC State and Virginia Tech (if they don't go to the SEC) being above UofL and even schools like Pittsburgh possibly being above UofL. While I think UofL would ultimately end up in the Big 12 if the ACC dissolves I don't think it's a guarantee like most UofL fans think.

But beyond all that. The horrific basketball team that our Athletic Department could care less about (if they cared at all Payne is gone last season), the lack of leadership with the President and the AD and the lack of investment and the lack of vision regarding NIL has soured me on UofL as a whole.

Even if UofL goes join the Big 12 the school is done. Congratulations UK, you have just secured the ultimate win. By being in the SEC you will always have more money for coaches, facilities and recruiting. If the SEC and the Big 10 break away from the NCAA for football you will always have the chance, no matter how slim, of a National Title. Whereas UofL will once again be locked out and never have that chance. Even if Brohm succeeds at UofL there will be the risk of an SEC or Big 10 school poaching him. I now wonder if he regrets his decision knowing now that UofL is once again in a precarious position regarding conference realignment. It's very frustrating as I truly believed UofL was set long term once they got in the ACC. That UofL would never deal with this again and alas here we are again.

Congratulations UK from a now former UofL fan. I seriously doubt you'll have much to worry about from UofL going forward, at least in football and men's basketball. While I mostly grew up in Louisville and most of my family live in Louisville I did partially grow up in Louisiana and always cheered for LSU as my secondary team. LSU was definitely the team I wanted to see do well in terms of SEC teams. Considering I don't even live in Louisville anymore I'll probably switch to cheering for LSU primarily. But congratulations again on your ultimate victory over UofL.
Please. You are hugely speculating and, for some reason, trying to suck up on this board. Nobody can predict the next five years. If anything, in my opinion, this rampant cash grab will ultimately kill the golden goose with the elimination of regional rivalries.

Please. You are hugely speculating and, for some reason, trying to suck up on this board. Nobody can predict the next five years. If anything, in my opinion, this rampant cash grab will ultimately kill the golden goose with the elimination of regional rivalries.
UL will have to do something, as well as the ACC in general. The team pay outs, in the SEC and Big Ten will be doubling the teams in other conferences starting next season. I read the SEC will be making 1.2 to 1.3 billion starting in 2024, the Big Ten slightly more, then the next conference will be the Big 12 at $600 million.
The problem with adding west coast teams is TV viewership on the east coast. Very few recruits will be staying up to 2 AM to finish watching a west coast game.

Well, y'all (Cards) got Oscar Combs pulling for you to get in the SEC - I'm sure he (thinks he) has sway...
Didn't know he is still a thing. Wants 4&28 LV & Duke to enhance SEC basketball? LOL. Must think it's 1965. Poor soul.

UK is an original member of the SEC. The SEC is in our blood and engrained in our culture.

UofL is obviously not the flagship state school, but it's not Gonzaga either. They have nearly 23,000 students. It has always baffled me why they have had issues finding a long-term home.

C-USA, AAC, now the ACC, and who knows what's next.

I am genuinely curious why they have had so much conference turnover.

This whole thread is hilarious. Dude comes out and talks about how much he loves Louisville and why he is dropping them. Good riddance tool. Kentucky’s recent success is a by product of Louisville, Tennessee and Florida all being on a downturn and scheduling guaranteed wins against patsy’s.
Louisville’s is certainly guilty of enough scandals that has set them back but I don’t think that is going to last forever. Even with UK’s extra SEC income UL and UK athletic revenues have been mostly insignificant. UK’s has only recently surpassed UL in revenue mostly due to crappy basketball the last 5 years.
Kentucky has been a member of the premier football conference since it’s inception and still hasn’t won a conference championship. I am not sure UK has even won a division championship, someone help me here. Reading UK trash talking Vandy is funny too considering you are about 50/50 with them over the last 20 or so years. So just stop it.
Louisville is down but not down for the count. Realistically, if UK fans were smart they would hope for success because it raises the level of play at the high school level as well. More recruits local to go around.

I won't argue that the the SEC East being down has helped turn things around here, but let's get real - after years and years of neglect, UK has made MAJOR investments into football over the past decade, but especially the past 4-5 years. THAT is fueling our ascent and recruiting success, not the SEC East.

We also have a really damn good coach.

UK is an original member of the SEC. The SEC is in our blood and engrained in our culture.

UofL is obviously not the flagship state school, but it's not Gonzaga either. They have nearly 23,000 students. It has always baffled me why they have had issues finding a long-term home.

Louisville had been in the Metro (along with VT, FSU, GT and USC). The metro dissolved. Louisville on the brink of dropping football altogether hired Schnellenburger to Coach. He decided Louisville was better off Independent for schedule control. UL hired Jurich who wanted to move to CUSA. Schnellenberger left to Coach Oklahoma.
Big East offered a spot which elevated basketball and football so they moved there. Big East raided by ACC and Big10, Louisville landed in AAC. ACC had an opening after Maryland moved to BIG and here we are.

This whole thread is hilarious. Dude comes out and talks about how much he loves Louisville and why he is dropping them. Good riddance tool. Kentucky’s recent success is a by product of Louisville, Tennessee and Florida all being on a downturn and scheduling guaranteed wins against patsy’s.
Louisville’s is certainly guilty of enough scandals that has set them back but I don’t think that is going to last forever. Even with UK’s extra SEC income UL and UK athletic revenues have been mostly insignificant. UK’s has only recently surpassed UL in revenue mostly due to crappy basketball the last 5 years.
Kentucky has been a member of the premier football conference since it’s inception and still hasn’t won a conference championship. I am not sure UK has even won a division championship, someone help me here. Reading UK trash talking Vandy is funny too considering you are about 50/50 with them over the last 20 or so years. So just stop it.
Louisville is down but not down for the count. Realistically, if UK fans were smart they would hope for success because it raises the level of play at the high school level as well. More recruits local to go around.
The hubris of louisville fans never ceases to amaze.

I won't argue that the the SEC East being down has helped turn things around here, but let's get real - after years and years of neglect, UK has made MAJOR investments into football over the past decade, but especially the past 4-5 years. THAT is fueling our ascent and recruiting success, not the SEC East.

We also have a really damn good coach.
I agree 100% that Kentucky has stepped it up. I think that is great, like I suggested, a rising tide raises all ships. As much as I want to see UK fail at everything I also understand that UK going all in on football is good for the state of KY which includes UL, WKU, etc.
So when the guy from WKU is caught on the sidelines saying “They supposed to be SEC” in regards to UK. Of course I am going to clown on UK a bit but in the end I am hoping they build a solid program as does Louisville and we have some epic games in the future with national championship implications.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
I am going to assume you are not clear on what that word means because I didn’t point out anything that wasn’t true.
Your assumption would be wrong. Just like your opinion of your standing in CFB outside Jefferson County.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Your assumption would be wrong. Just like your opinion of your standing in CFB outside Jefferson County.
The only speculation in my reply was that Louisville is down but not down for the count. If that level of fandom rises to the level of hubris in your opinion then so be it.

Counting the final polls? All those weeks as well?

City schools have just never had the statewide appeal that smaller town schools do. Some of the best college bball teams in the past were city schools but the football has almost exclusively been the bigger schools in smaller towns... and football makes the money.

The reason is that they have a smallish fanbase, and they're an urban school. So, they don't really fit into conferences like the Big 10 and SEC who mostly have flagship state schools and research institutions. They have invested a lot into athletics, so in that sense, they're ahead of some of their other peer misfit schools, but I don't see either big boy conference ever wanting them.

The reason is that they have a smallish fanbase, and they're an urban school. So, they don't really fit into conferences like the Big 10 and SEC who mostly have flagship state schools and research institutions. They have invested a lot into athletics, so in that sense, they're ahead of some of their other peer misfit schools, but I don't see either big boy conference ever wanting them.

The only speculation in my reply was that Louisville is down but not down for the count. If that level of fandom rises to the level of hubris in your opinion then so be it.
Not down for the count? What are you counting to?

With maybe the weakest schedule in the Country you had better get counting.

You have basically a 4 game schedule.

Where does UofL's Pres. and AD stand on the ACC GoR agreement?
If they aren't in favor of dissolving it, there's your mission. As fans you should be pressuring Tard administration to do what's best for the program.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
At least you're realistic. I had a UofL fan I work with tell me that every team in the SEC voted for Louisville to get in except UK...lol.
Now that is more like the typical UL fan take. Just a few years ago I was arguing with one who said UL was a much better program than UK base on their win lost record. Not head-to-head or bowl games victories or any other stat. Just wins. I tried to educate him that wins in conference USA, Metro, Big Least, or the ACC can compare to the SEC. Hell, you could take the best teams in all of those conferences and make another conference and still not be comparable.

A UL fan and football talk, it just doesn't go together.

Louisville had been in the Metro (along with VT, FSU, GT and USC). The metro dissolved. Louisville on the brink of dropping football altogether hired Schnellenburger to Coach. He decided Louisville was better off Independent for schedule control. UL hired Jurich who wanted to move to CUSA. Schnellenberger left to Coach Oklahoma.
Big East offered a spot which elevated basketball and football so they moved there. Big East raided by ACC and Big10, Louisville landed in AAC. ACC had an opening after Maryland moved to BIG and here we are.
Before the Metro, they were part of the OVC...

Even though I hate realignment, pay for play, corrupt officials with no oversight, and everything else going on in college sports anymore… UofL is simply reaping what they sowed. They hired 3 people completely devoid of morals: Jurich, Petrino, and Pitino. And those 3 people ran their programs into the ground. That’s why they currently suck at both major sports, and why none of the big dogs want them.

President Swain solely made the decision to join CUSA, prompting Howard’s departure.

Where does UofL's Pres. and AD stand on the ACC GoR agreement?
If they aren't in favor of dissolving it, there's your mission. As fans you should be pressuring Tard administration to do what's best for the program.
The ACC's GoR clause really is more of a "Prison" than a business arrangement.

Since the announcement two years ago that TX and OK were moving to the SEC. Various ACC members, Admins or Fans, statements have always been, "Our GoR is IRONCLAD." The emotions of that belief has run the spectrum from solid confidence to the panicked shriek.

What is true is that since it's been signed, no program has left the ACC.

But, you what else is true? Since it's been signed...no program has joined the ACC either.

It was leaked during the last two weeks that the ACC's Media Rights Agreement (MRA) has no provision for "Cost of Inflation" increases during its last 9 years. Meaning that from 2026 - 2035 there is no increase in payments without renegotiation.

So, not only is the ACC getting less than the other autonomous conferences. But, there is no avenue to get more money.

Is it really any surprise that no program has made a serious inquiry into joining the ACC in the past 10 years? A school's athletic department would really have to be in poor shape financially to see that deal as enticing.

The most likely outcome is that once at least 8 ACC members reach the financial tipping point. That a vote to either kill the GoR or disband the ACC is enacted.

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Considering Purdue played in the weakest division in a conference...wow Nebraska. Oh Iowa, yeah we beat them when fully healthy. Next. I guess maybe compared to the entirty of the ACC aka the legacy name conference, it may look tough. Lol Pitt

Thanks for lurking around our board tho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT