ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Why are you all messing with this guy? He's the same jerkoff that told me someone setting off fireworks every 5 minutes until 3 in the morning was a minor annoyance. Just put him on ignore (just like his family should) and be done with him.
Uh yeah I’ve never said a word about fireworks on here.

But I will now. Fireworks ****ing suck and anyone setting them off until 3 in the morning should be thrown in jail.

At least WWE was nice enough to not have their PLE during the UK football game tonight.

Only thing on the PLE that seems interesting is the strap match and if KO turns heel.

Reactions: GeraldV
At least WWE was nice enough to not have their PLE during the UK football game tonight.

Only thing on the PLE that seems interesting is the strap match and if KO turns heel.
Thought that was one of the least interesting smack downs I have seen in years.

I thought the punk/drew strap match was better than their summerslam match

Everything else was pretty much status quo for a non big 4 PLE

Thought the show was solid, per usual. Would like to see a world title change at one of these none big four events at some point. They were talking up Gunther as a future legend afterward. I mean, sure, but that doesn't mean we need him and Cody to have a grip on those two titles for a year plus. Not every world title reign needs to be seen as a legendary feat. One of the greatest moments in Raw history saw Mankind win the title with a ton of outside interference.

I won't read any Gunther match slander though. That was an old school, wear-you-down match and he won with a gd sleeper. Felt like I was watching a wrestling tape from 1982 and that's a compliment. Either Orton or Owens needs to go heel now though. SD has been on sleep mode recently and Cole said something about Solo up next for Cody after he won. Uh, no.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Thought the show was solid, per usual. Would like to see a world title change at one of these none big four events at some point. They were talking up Gunther as a future legend afterward. I mean, sure, but that doesn't mean we need him and Cody to have a grip on those two titles for a year plus. Not every world title reign needs to be seen as a legendary feat. One of the greatest moments in Raw history saw Mankind win the title with a ton of outside interference.

I won't read any Gunther match slander though. That was an old school, wear-you-down match and he won with a gd sleeper. Felt like I was watching a wrestling tape from 1982 and that's a compliment. Either Orton or Owens needs to go heel now though. SD has been on sleep mode recently and Cole said something about Solo up next for Cody after he won. Uh, no.
Solid but predictable

Reactions: Nightwish84
Top notch answer right here…

During the Bash in Berlin Post event, Cody was asked whether he's going to watch the Vince McMahon documentary series, and also about the accusations against Vince McMahon in the Janel Grant case and the locker room being quiet about it.

On the documentary series he said...

"I think it's a great question. In terms of am I gonna watch it - not to sound cheeky by any means, I am deep in a Game of Thrones re-watch, and that is a hell of a lot of commitment. I don't know. I think there's a bit of misinformation in terms of, WWE has no involvement in this documentary as far as I know. I imagine I would get around to seeing it."

On the Janel Grant case he said....

"In terms of the more serious, in terms of the locker room being quiet or silent, whatever it may be, I don't think that's a matter of belief vs non-belief, I think it's strictly speaking, we want to be doing what we were doing out there. And the focus and attention that it takes, 13,149 people to have a great story and have a great match and do that every single night, has left most of us where we're finding the information out just as you are. And that includes the resolution of this information in terms of what happened, how it happened, and how justice comes about, whatever it may be. I wouldn't look at it as an active attempt from the locker room to be silent. We just are doing what we do day-to-day, WWE business."

He was then asked if he believes Janel Grants accusations he said.....

"I don't know enough about the information to give you a good enough answer there. I'm sorry."

Solid but predictable
Yep. I'm not sure Triple H is into taking chances but I really want heel Orton vs Cody. I know Cody will be champion rolling into Mania but there's no reason why he needs to hold it that long. It's okay if he got tripped up and stabbed in the back before next spring, losing the title, having a hot feud, and then winning it back right before Rock strolls in again.

Page/Hendry was a good not great match but definitely had a 90s wwf vibe to it especially with both of them using razor ramon’s moves.

If anything the PLE will be remembered for Giulia’s debut - although not quite the Randy Orton level of aura she definitely has a star aura about her.

Raw for this evening, as of 1:50 pm

The fallout of Bash in Berlin.
New announce team of Joe Tessitore and Wade Barrett debuts.
Zelina Vega vs. Shayna Baszler.
WWE Intercontinental Championship Tournament: Sheamus vs. Bronson Reed vs. Ludwig Kaiser.
WWE Intercontinental Championship Tournament: Ilja Dragunov vs. Dragon Lee vs. Dominik Mysterio.

Giulia needs to be moved to the main roster ASAP. She is a good worker and hotter than a half jacked off tomcat. The Roxanne's and Cora Jade's of the world don't scream main roster to me. I think they'd fall into the Kacy Catanzaro, Candace Lerae, Indie Hartwell roles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT