ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I don’t know if there’s anything there with Baker or not.

I understand everyone here hates Mercedes, but she worked her ass off trying to carry Britt. Like on the destroyer spot that she basically had to do by herself because Britt basically stopped all the momentum. And she took an amazing bump on the stomp by Baker. But one person can only do so much by themselves.

That match would have been at home on rampage, lol.
I don't hate her and to be honest I generally skip through any women's match because I just don't find them entertaining. It isn't because I am sexist because I skip a lot of men's wrestlers that I don't find entertaining like AOP, Omos, The Acclaimed or Orange Cassidy.

Reactions: Wesley91581
To be honest I don’t think everyone hates Sasha it’s just the combination of walking out on wwe/giving herself creative control/acting like she’s an A list celebrity leaves a bad taste in people’s mouth and makes her unlikeable to most fans. Also two or three of those I listed above are big reasons why old school fans aren’t in her corner.

At least Naomi has made amends for walking out and was humble enough to fix her part of the situation.
I respect her and Naomi for betting on themselves. Wrestling outfits have taken advantage of the workers for decades and decades now. She bet on herself and won. I wish more talent would do that. WWE and AEW have plenty of money. Appreciating the talent a little more would be great, IMHO.

I respect her and Naomi for betting on themselves. Wrestling outfits have taken advantage of the workers for decades and decades now. She bet on herself and won. I wish more talent would do that. WWE and AEW have plenty of money. Appreciating the talent a little more would be great, IMHO.
I disagree with some of that but I generally get your point b/c it’s not like because of WWE she didn’t get into Hollywood acting like cena/batista/rock among others. Kind of like pro athletes making money off shoe deals etc. Not everyone can bet on themselves but a few can. Its not like Sasha is the first or last wrestler to quit on a company it’s just the way she handled it.

I think punk and her are on the same trajectory - they bet on themselves and did their song and dance but will end up back in wwe.

I disagree with some of that but I generally get your point b/c it’s not like because of WWE she didn’t get into Hollywood acting like cena/batista/rock among others. Kind of like pro athletes making money off shoe deals etc. Not everyone can bet on themselves but a few can. Its not like Sasha is the first or last wrestler to quit on a company it’s just the way she handled it.

I think punk and her are on the same trajectory - they bet on themselves and did their song and dance but will end up back in wwe.
That could certainly be the case about heading back to WWE.

I think she is a short timer in the wrestling biz. She’s got Hollywood contacts, so it wouldn’t shock me if she heads there after the AEW run is up and just hangs up her boots.

0o-qWJ.gif

Sid used to kill jobbers. I held off the obligatory leg break gif.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT