ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

- Keep Otis on Raw, send the rest to NXT forever.

- There's a large photo of Joe Hendry on WWE's roster page. Obviously a promotional thing but it's wild to see someone currently in another company featured so heavily on WWE's site. Triple H spit water at the Forbidden Door and gave it a crotch chop.

- Matt Jones talked up The Outrunners during their run in OVW. Just from that one vignette, that's a killer gimmick and I'd have them on Dynamite every week picking up wins and then challenging the Bucks for those titles they defend once every four months.

- In a YouTube clip today about Dynamite's ratings, Brian Last called AEW a sinking ship that will never sink. Accurate. They'll announce a deal soon, get more money, TK will still book, and ratings and attendance will be what they are. As Punk said, AEW will be around as long as Tony wants it to be around. Don't know how much growing the company is actually going to do going forward though.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Have no idea what the future holds for Bronson Reed but in two weeks Triple H has made him a threat. They're doing to him what they did with Breakker, sort of. It's the take matters into your own hands to get noticed, go too far multiple times, and piss off Pierce (who again, appears to be terrible at his job) routine. Or Rollins returns in a few weeks and beats him on a random Raw. That wouldn't be great.

Didn't watch Raw last night, but I did see on twitter today that Dom had a couple great lines. Saying that he has a woman now who treats him like a man and “gets me tendies whenever I want and lets me play video games whenever I want,” is pretty frigging hilarious.

Didn't watch Raw last night, but I did see on twitter today that Dom had a couple great lines. Saying that he has a woman now who treats him like a man and “gets me tendies whenever I want and lets me play video games whenever I want,” is pretty frigging hilarious.
What is a "tendie"?

I’m sure people are going to expect things like that but I feel like in order for stuff like that to be special and meaningful you can’t have it all the time. It’s gotta come like an RKO out of nowhere. It’s like you don’t expect it and then it’s like, boom – titty!”

According to the Sporting News Australia AEW is looking at running a stadium show in the country next year.
They are doing a Tokyo Dome show the night after Wrestle Kingdom, plus the rumored Texas show and now this. Who knows if they are going back to Wembley too.

Anyway Dynamite for tonight.

Reactions: GeraldV
- Jay Lethal's AEW record has gotta be 4-31. Not sure how Page wrestling Lethal helps him.
- A face-to-face between Okada and Claudio is one guy who can't talk and the other staring and say 'bitch.'
- Swerve vs Yuta will bring all the ratings. I'm kidding.
- Hook is a good looking young dude and yet, no one knows who he is because instead of seeing his face, we're stuck with a Batman-lite logo. That guy can't get to NXT fast enough. He'll be trained, won't have the dumb chip bag gimmick, and will be properly promoted when he's ready to shine.

This feels like another low ratings night.

I’m sure people are going to expect things like that but I feel like in order for stuff like that to be special and meaningful you can’t have it all the time. It’s gotta come like an RKO out of nowhere. It’s like you don’t expect it and then it’s like, boom – titty!”
I think Dom should be put in charge of WWE

Reactions: JonathanW
Just got home and saw super orange Cassidy and a horrible Cesaro/okada interview/confrontation”

There’s so much irony in TK calling wwe harvey Weinstein and having arguably the best wrestler and AEW likely highest paid talent a lackey for the evp and weekly calling everyone a “b****”

And is Cesaro still in the black pool combat club - If he is why doesn’t he pop Okada in the jaw when he called him a “b****”

Last edited:
We're probably getting AEW PPV's on Max within the next few months, which I'll be excited about because those usually hit, but I just can't do the weekly stuff. You'd think WBD has WWF during the Attitude Era with giving them three wrestling shows plus the Overdrive show no one will watch. They give up the NBA while willfully giving a struggling company hours and hours of tv time. Big Bang Theory reruns do better than the weekly A show. TK is one lucky sumbitch because he's falling ass backwards into a new deal.

We're probably getting AEW PPV's on Max within the next few months, which I'll be excited about because those usually hit, but I just can't do the weekly stuff. You'd think WBD has WWF during the Attitude Era with giving them three wrestling shows plus the Overdrive show no one will watch. They give up the NBA while willfully giving a struggling company hours and hours of tv time. Big Bang Theory reruns do better than the weekly A show. TK is one lucky sumbitch because he's falling ass backwards into a new deal.
Yup you don’t even have to watch to see their formula…

Opener with a 15 minute match
Mone appearance
Elite appearance/match
Super orange Cassidy match
Jericho
Osperay/mjf/swerve appearance
Random filler bcc match with no backstory
Any spinoff becomes a collision match

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightwish84
Thought Mercedes and Shida was good, the post match was MEH.
Also thought the main event and post match was good. Video package was cool.
I guess we are going to get Jarrett and Hangman at All In? Maybe a Taylor Swift run in?
Will watch anything with Mariah May.
Sure Okada and Claudio will be a good match but didn't that face off didn't do it for me

Jericho- Nope.
Bucks-Acclaimed- Nope

Everyone stay calm! This is not a drill!

The Youngest Men in the World, The Outrunners are on Rampage tomorrow night!

Set your DVR to be sure not to miss the majesty.

Texas in July sounds awful.

I don't hate the move. Yeah, they're cold and the weekly shows have lost viewers and don't seem to matter but for their version of Mania, on US soil for the first time, in a stadium, it'll move tickets. For what will be their show of the year, they better hope they can get 25,000 - 30,000 fans there. And I think the final number will be close to that.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I guess I didn’t know since I don’t have honor club but the outrunners are one of those teams primarily used on roh but occasionally get time on rampage/collision.

Reactions: GeraldV

Only $550!
I'm going to buy one for each shoulder and one for my waist. 🤣

Saw this posted somewhere else but could be a cool thing for turnovers in football. Like some schools have the chain or tire.

We have a used video game store in town that had the wwe champ belt Cody wears currently for like 150 - wonder if the sports ones like uk costs more because of licensing and stuff?

Only $550!
Looks plastic-y, cheap, fake and not worth anywhere near the price. Like a Kardashian.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT