ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Jarrett was Owens last tag partner and a very close friend of his. Ironically enough Owen’s last match was a tag match with Jarrett vs. Edge and Christian. Would I have preferred someone other than Jarrett? Sure, but I can respect the inclusion, plus he’ll just be there to do the job for AEW’s newest signee Wild Card.

But Danielson is winning this unless they have the wild card win it.
Yes we know the backstory but when I first read this I thought you were talking about Kevin Owens then I realized you are lacking grammar skills which makes sense given you’re a big aew fan.

Ouch...that's the only way to describe the Dynamite rating. Again I thought it was a good show but it also didn't have Big Bang Theory as a lead in.

502,000 viewers and a .16.

Lowest ratings ever for its normal time slot.
I knew it would be bad because nearly all the wrestling accounts I follow on Twitter were talking about the Kendrick Lamar concert on Amazon. It was easily the least talked about live Dynamite I've ever seen on Twitter because of that. But I wasn't expecting that bad.

I didn’t think Dynamite was bad this week. But it does seem like there’s a fan disconnect somewhere.

My theory is this Elite story is falling flat and driving viewers away in droves.

I’m invested in the title picture. I will watch anything Osprey does. I like the Patriarchy. I like Timeless Toni Storm. Mone is a waste of money and TV time. The Learning Tree is f’n dumb as hell, and this Elite thing is just dork ass wannabe NWO but way less cool or over.

Obviously TK needs to say Joe Hendry's name so he will appear and bring ratings.

Smackdown for tonight

CM Punk to appear.
Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Randy Orton vs. Carmelo Hayes vs. Tama Tonga.
Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Andrade vs. Kevin Owens vs. Grayson Waller.
WWE United States Champion Logan Paul and LA Knight will go face to face.

I didn’t think Dynamite was bad this week. But it does seem like there’s a fan disconnect somewhere.

My theory is this Elite story is falling flat and driving viewers away in droves.

I’m invested in the title picture. I will watch anything Osprey does. I like the Patriarchy. I like Timeless Toni Storm. Mone is a waste of money and TV time. The Learning Tree is f’n dumb as hell, and this Elite thing is just dork ass wannabe NWO but way less cool or over.
Mina is better than mone

I knew it would be bad because nearly all the wrestling accounts I follow on Twitter were talking about the Kendrick Lamar concert on Amazon. It was easily the least talked about live Dynamite I've ever seen on Twitter because of that. But I wasn't expecting that bad.
How many excuses do you need?
NFL/nhl/nba and now a concert geez

Wolfpack Bloodline may destroy Roman his first night back to further this thing.

It doesn't matter if Cody's blood against Styles was fake or it looked like Punk dipped his face into a jelly donut tonight, you don't always need blading and extreme violence to further a story. Dustin Rhodes carved himself stupid against Jack Perry and nobody cared. Punk bounced himself off an overhead door a few times and spread some "blood" on himself and his future opponent carried him out to his hometown fans and casually dropped him like a sack of shit. That will be remembered. Work smart, stupid. This is one reason why Punk seems legit happy to be back.

I could write paragraphs about AEW's issues because I've done it before. We know their problems but they're dug in so it doesn't matter. Nearly 200K did not opt out of watching this week for a concert and I don't believe *only* AEW fans are leaving cable. I'm sure they'll rebound some next week if Big Bang is their lead-in again but the excuses have worn thin. NXT destroyed AEW this week with homegrown talent, AEW castoffs, and TNA wrestlers no one watches. And on the main roster, Breakker has been there since April and there's more talk around him with a better story than anything that's happened with Will Ospreay. Tell me when I'm telling lies.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Wolfpack Bloodline may destroy Roman his first night back to further this thing.

It doesn't matter if Cody's blood against Styles was fake or it looked like Punk dipped his face into a jelly donut tonight, you don't always need blading and extreme violence to further a story. Dustin Rhodes carved himself stupid against Jack Perry and nobody cared. Punk bounced himself off an overhead door a few times and spread some "blood" on himself and his future opponent carried him out to his hometown fans and casually dropped him like a sack of shit. That will be remembered. Work smart, stupid. This is one reason why Punk seems legit happy to be back.

I could write paragraphs about AEW's issues because I've done it before. We know their problems but they're dug in so it doesn't matter. Nearly 200K did not opt out of watching this week for a concert and I don't believe *only* AEW fans are leaving cable. I'm sure they'll rebound some next week if Big Bang is their lead-in again but the excuses have worn thin. NXT destroyed AEW this week with homegrown talent, AEW castoffs, and TNA wrestlers no one watches. And on the main roster, Breakker has been there since April and there's more talk around him with a better story than anything that's happened with Will Ospreay. Tell me when I'm telling lies.
Congrats?

Now where was all this talk when Raw was pulling record low ratings in the fall?

Oh I see, mysteriously absent from you. How interesting…

Anyone here want to wear a shirt that says HIT LIST right above a black man's head which coincidentally has a target directly over his forehead? Anyone? C'mon, you can wear this on a Saturday and the large photo of a battered woman's face Britt Baker shirt the following day.

WMDJyCw.jpeg

This concert was the most watched concert in the history of Amazon and aired head to head with AEW.

You realize someone could have that concert on their tablet and aew on at the same time on tv? This isn’t the 1980s when you can only had one tv and one channel on.

It’s just kicking the can down the road of excuses as to AEW fans justifying low ratings.

Anyone here want to wear a shirt that says HIT LIST right above a black man's head which coincidentally has a target directly over his forehead? Anyone? C'mon, you can wear this on a Saturday and the large photo of a battered woman's face Britt Baker shirt the following day.

WMDJyCw.jpeg
Most wrestling shirts are awful, like it makes no sense who would want to wear a good chunk of them. There was an older board that had a thread of some terrible wrestling shirts.

I’ve only owned a few wrestling shirts, and most of them were pretty dumb lol

Reactions: AmericanDragon
Most wrestling shirts are awful, like it makes no sense who would want to wear a good chunk of them. There was an older board that had a thread of some terrible wrestling shirts.

I’ve only owned a few wrestling shirts, and most of them were pretty dumb lol
Toni storm among others are pretty bad too - I wonder who approves these?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT