ADVERTISEMENT

Cedric Works just committed to UK!!!!

Batman Dancing GIF
Adam West Dancing GIF

OK, are we at enough scholarships for the freshman class yet I would think your class would want to be about 50-50 high school & portal

Reactions: bluevincent
OK, are we at enough scholarships for the freshman class yet I would think your class would want to be about 50-50 high school & portal

I think we’ve been at 75% HS, and 25% portal.

The least HS players we have signed since the portal is 19, and Cedric Works is our 13th commit. Hence, I’m guessing they will ink 6 to 8 more HS recruits, for a total of 19-21.

Headed to two straight strong defensive classes. DB's, linebackers and edges are loaded with high quality in these two classes together. Hopefully can pull in a couple more great DL in this class. Works is said to be a big time playmaker with the skill to rush the passer or drop back in coverage. Florida and Penn St was a couple other programs he considered. The 19th best edge that has the size and speed for that position.

Last edited:
Looking at the Rivals class rankings, we're currently 32nd, but with only 13 recruits total. If you consider the rankings based solely on the average star rating, we're 16th overall, I believe. Many schools ranked above us have full or nearly full classes.

Also, for context, our average star rating is currently 9th in the SEC.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2025/all-teams/football/recruiting

This commitment pulls us back to 24th. If we sign all 4 stars the rest of the way maybe we break the top 20? May take all 5 stars to bread the top 15. What action took Saunders from a 4 to a 3? Rankings say him and our OH QB are about the same.

If we inked “all 5 Stars” we would have a Top 5 Class. If we inked another 6-9 4 Stars, likely Top 10.

Neither contingency is likely, as we are involved with some high 3 Stars the Coaches really want.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Looking at the Rivals class rankings, we're currently 32nd, but with only 13 recruits total. If you consider the rankings based solely on the average star rating, we're 16th overall, I believe. Many schools ranked above us have full or nearly full classes.

I’m excited about where this class is and is going as well, and because the way the rankings are based on total points, I usually look at avg star rating as well.

One small point to clarify…there are a couple of teams ranked below UK with higher avg star ranking than the Cats, so the avg star ranking is actually a couple spots lower.

It’s a small difference, but with that in mind…

Nation: 20th

SEC: 10th

I’m excited about where this class is and is going as well, and because the way the rankings are based on total points, I usually look at avg star rating as well.

One small point to clarify…there are a couple of teams ranked below UK with higher avg star ranking than the Cats, so the avg star ranking is actually a couple spots lower…just a mistake I’ve made before when comparing

It’s a small difference, but with that in mind…

Nation: 19th - I think I counted that right

SEC: 10th

Reactions: entropy13
Two guys like Jacob Smith and Cedric Works on the roster at the same time. Similar size and both highly touted. Recruiting stepping up for the second year in a row. Guys like Godfrey and Devin Smith ILB's. And will have the highest rated collection of DB's I can ever remember. Think our defense is going to be fine for years to come.

Two guys like Jacob Smith and Cedric Works on the roster at the same time. Similar size and both highly touted. Recruiting stepping up for the second year in a row. Guys like Godfrey and Devin Smith ILB's. And will have the highest rated collection of DB's I can ever remember. Think our defense is going to be fine for years to come.
Don't underestimate Steven Soles at ILB, kid's going to be a player.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT