ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Here’s the group - think it’s already gonna jump the shark since you know the characters - just giving a bunch of mid carders something to keep them occupied with

- Bo Dallas as Uncle Howdy
- Nikki Cross as Sister Abigail
- Erick Rowan as Ramblin Rabbit
- Joe Gacy as Huskus the Pig
- Dexter Lumis as Mercy the Buzzard

One of the worst commentator moments I can remember came from that Rollins / Wyatt cage match that was one of the worst matches ever and totally ruined Seth Rollins. When Wyatt pulled out that big mallet Saxton went ‘remember what he did to ramblin rabbit?!’

Yeah. It was a freaking puppet

Thought last night was the best Raw of the year. There were returns, good matches, continued impressive camera angles, tons of storyline progression, and a group debut which 18 hrs later has 1.6 million views on YouTube.

I'm okay with the Wyatt thing if it's not supernatural. The worst that happens is the group ends up ineffective like The Final Testament. It might be hokey but horror is hot right now and maybe this helps bring in younger fans as Raw moves to Netflix in six months. As for Gable, sure, he re-signed, lost to Sami, lost to Braun, lost his group, and was "murdered." He was also all over the show last night and besides the end with Bo and Gang, everyone is talking about Gable today. You're not getting buried if you're all over the A show and have one of the more talked about current stories going.

The Drew/Punk stuff continues to be great. A streamer today suggested Drew go to TNA, challenge for that title, and have Punk show up and screw him there too, as Punk Sat. promised Drew will never be a champion as long as he's around. What started out as an obsession for Drew towards Punk has now become an obsession for Punk towards Drew.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Here’s the group - think it’s already gonna jump the shark since you know the characters - just giving a bunch of mid carders something to keep them occupied with

- Bo Dallas as Uncle Howdy
- Nikki Cross as Sister Abigail
- Erick Rowan as Ramblin Rabbit
- Joe Gacy as Huskus the Pig
- Dexter Lumis as Mercy the Buzzard

And Paul Heyman as Wobbly Walrus

• Haha
Reactions: Wesley91581
Crazy they found a way to kill off richochet/drew/gable in a week - when will they start showing up on dynamite?

Watched the newest episode of who killed WCW. I swear Vince Russo gets more and more delusional as time goes on. It’s like the emery envelope in the 80s. By the time Russo dies he will be saying over a billion people watched Nitro when he was in charge.
I wasn’t watching wrestling at the time he was in WCW but Jesus, every time I’ve heard that dude talk, I want to punch him in the face. And he said “bro” like 40 times in the hour long show.

I think that's the second really good dynamite in a row. A couple good matches, and some story lines progressed.

Interested if we might be getting Ospreay/MJF at Wembley. Seems like MJF costing him the win versus Swerve would be good way to further things for them.

This would very unAEW like, but could there be a chance that Danielson ends up versus Swerve at Wembley, wins the belt and then Swerve takes the belt back and retires Danielson at that PPV in Washington state in the fall? It'd be nice to get Danielson the belt, even for a month, before he retires.

Reactions: sefus12 and K-mac18
I think that's the second really good dynamite in a row. A couple good matches, and some story lines progressed.

Interested if we might be getting Ospreay/MJF at Wembley. Seems like MJF costing him the win versus Swerve would be good way to further things for them.

This would very unAEW like, but could there be a chance that Danielson ends up versus Swerve at Wembley, wins the belt and then Swerve takes the belt back and retires Danielson at that PPV in Washington state in the fall? It'd be nice to get Danielson the belt, even for a month, before he retires.
That Swerve-Ospreay segment, probably buying that PPV now instead of watching a stream - which is what I normally do, I don't have PPV-every-month money. Well technically I do have that kind of money, I try to be smarter with my money than that though, don't want to have to be working until I'm in the grave.

But yes that is what I would like to see happen with the Owen and the ensuing fallout. Sting never wanted to win the tag belts but TK insisted and they got Sting on board with it. Hopefully they do the same with Danielson because I know if it was entirely up to Danielson he'd be losing to Shingo at Forbidden Door

Reactions: GeraldV
Jarrett was Owens last tag partner and a very close friend of his. Ironically enough Owen’s last match was a tag match with Jarrett vs. Edge and Christian. Would I have preferred someone other than Jarrett? Sure, but I can respect the inclusion, plus he’ll just be there to do the job for AEW’s newest signee Wild Card.

But Danielson is winning this unless they have the wild card win it.

Jarrett was Owens last tag partner and a very close friend of his. Ironically enough Owen’s last match was a tag match with Jarrett vs. Edge and Christian. Would I have preferred someone other than Jarrett? Sure, but I can respect the inclusion, plus he’ll just be there to do the job for AEW’s newest signee Wild Card.

But Danielson is winning this unless they have the wild card win it.
Congrats?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT