ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

That's actually a pretty impressive little video package. Now here's the problem, it's Jeff Jarrett and he's been booked like shit during this run and you've got the added world title stip for the winner. If JJ wins a match or actually got to the finals, instead of cheering for this older wrestler/underdog story and the personal emotion involved, AEW fans will lose their collective minds. Screw it, I say put Jarrett in the finals of this thing.

Yup 100% those were the days most of the good wrestling was on the weekends

My favorite time period for ECW was 1994-96. But going back and rewatching those episodes, I'm surprised at how little actual wrestling was on those shows. It was mostly filled with promos and advertisements for ECW home videos. Also every commercial break had the SoloFlex guy and girl working out.

Wow that looks like a slugfest - had no idea this match existed in Japan!

Tenta was such a good wrestler. You could tell he's taking care of the Road Warriors on those slams. I know Hawk and Animal were tough, but Tenta could have been a hell of a lot stiffer if he wanted to.

You also notice the Road Warriors aren't laying their stuff in as hard as usual. Not saying they were afraid of Tenta, but probably a mixture of reciprocity for his smooth work and not wanting to take it to that level with him

Reactions: Wesley91581
Thought I was slick and booked rooms for Indy when it was just a rumor a couple weeks ago before prices went up during the traditional Royal Rumble weekend and then they announce they're having it a week later.

Tenta was such a good wrestler. You could tell he's taking care of the Road Warriors on those slams. I know Hawk and Animal were tough, but Tenta could have been a hell of a lot stiffer if he wanted to.

You also notice the Road Warriors aren't laying their stuff in as hard as usual. Not saying they were afraid of Tenta, but probably a mixture of reciprocity for his smooth work and not wanting to take it to that level with him
This is the kind of stuff I come here for - well put!

That's actually a pretty impressive little video package. Now here's the problem, it's Jeff Jarrett and he's been booked like shit during this run and you've got the added world title stip for the winner. If JJ wins a match or actually got to the finals, instead of cheering for this older wrestler/underdog story and the personal emotion involved, AEW fans will lose their collective minds. Screw it, I say put Jarrett in the finals of this thing.
If this didn't have the stakes of world title shot at All In, I'd say screw it, have him win the whole damn thing. Obviously, that can't happen now. I don't think he even gets the win over the wild card since people are speculating a big name like Hangman.

I’m shocked Jarrett still wrestles. But watching that video, I’d be more shocked if they don’t have him win it.
He's still a solid wrestler. Part-timer who knows his role is (up until now at least) is to get heel heat and help get his opponents over. Doesn't go online and on podcasts bitching about his booking when he wrestles less than once a month on average and almost always loses. As the Rock would say "know your role and shut your mouth"

My initial reaction was "why in the **** is he in this tournament" then once I learned he was Owen's last tag partner and after seeing that video, hard to argue with his inclusion in a memorial tournament.

Bigger question is why wasn't he in it last year when there were no real stakes on the line? Could have easily had him win the whole thing last year, and people would have still just chalked it up as a meaningless tournament like they did when Ricky Starks won.

He's still a solid wrestler. Part-timer who knows his role is (up until now at least) is to get heel heat and help get his opponents over. Doesn't go online and on podcasts bitching about his booking when he wrestles less than once a month on average and almost always loses. As the Rock would say "know your role and shut your mouth"

My initial reaction was "why in the **** is he in this tournament" then once I learned he was Owen's last tag partner and after seeing that video, hard to argue with his inclusion in a memorial tournament.

Bigger question is why wasn't he in it last year when there were no real stakes on the line? Could have easily had him win the whole thing last year, and people would have still just chalked it up as a meaningless tournament like they did when Ricky Starks won.
Isn’t Jarrett’s primary role event manager or something like that? Isn’t that what they initially brought him in for?

ZILLA FATU TRAVELING WITH JACOB

This just confirms that Zilla Fatu is going to debut soon.
The big question is what form will his debut be?
Will he join the Bloodline? If not, what does WWE have in store for him?

ZILLA FATU TRAVELING WITH JACOB

This just confirms that Zilla Fatu is going to debut soon.
The big question is what form will his debut be?
Will he join the Bloodline? If not, what does WWE have in store for him?
Man has 15 career matches and is pretty green. If he wasn't a Polynesian he'd be going direct to NXT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT