ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Dynamite was so much better last night without the bucks. While the opening match with Jericho and the panda guy vs. Mario Andretti and the other guy had a few too many high spots, it was pretty good. The other matches were good enough to keep entertained. The main event wasn't the best match but for the circumstances, it was great.

Naito’s contract is apparently up with NJPW. Seems NJPW is just letting contracts go at this point with Jay White’s also about to end. They better be careful… seems like they’re about to have a “changing of the guard” with Narita, shooter, and other young lions about to get a push up. ZSJ is now running TMDK and BC may be seeing its final days. I hope everything works out obviously. Will be curious to see if White shows up in the rumble, but don’t see Naito coming over.

Naito’s contract is apparently up with NJPW. Seems NJPW is just letting contracts go at this point with Jay White’s also about to end. They better be careful… seems like they’re about to have a “changing of the guard” with Narita, shooter, and other young lions about to get a push up. ZSJ is now running TMDK and BC may be seeing its final days. I hope everything works out obviously. Will be curious to see if White shows up in the rumble, but don’t see Naito coming over.
And that NJPW roster is very old, at least for the upper third of it. And really the only WrestleKingdom level main eventers they have that aren't 40+ years old by the end of this year (excluding part-timers) are White, Ospreay, and Okada. White is likely leaving this year it seems, and it wouldn't surprise me if Ospreay is gone next year or whenever it is his contract expires.

Best under 40s at the end of 2023 they have in the heavyweight division after those three are Evil (36), El Phantasmo (37), Great O-Khan (and old ass looking 32), Narita (26), Sanada (35), Umino (26), and Zach Sabre Jr (36).

They better hope some of these young guys start panning out bigly or they can get some of them junior heavyweights beefed up enough to become heavyweights because they have a lot more high level young/younger talent there.

Alas, most of those junior heavyweight guys are also like anywhere from 30-50+ pounds away from that 220 lb range, are they even going to be able to do it as most of them are fairly short. Volador Jr. is about as jacked looking as they get in that division and he's only 192 at 5'9"

And that NJPW roster is very old, at least for the upper third of it. And really the only WrestleKingdom level main eventers they have that aren't 40+ years old by the end of this year (excluding part-timers) are White, Ospreay, and Okada. White is likely leaving this year it seems, and it wouldn't surprise me if Ospreay is gone next year or whenever it is his contract expires.

Best under 40s at the end of 2023 they have in the heavyweight division after those three are Evil (36), El Phantasmo (37), Great O-Khan (and old ass looking 32), Narita (26), Sanada (35), Umino (26), and Zach Sabre Jr (36).

They better hope some of these young guys start panning out bigly or they can get some of them junior heavyweights beefed up enough to become heavyweights because they have a lot more high level young/younger talent there.

Alas, most of those junior heavyweight guys are also like anywhere from 30-50+ pounds away from that 220 lb range, are they even going to be able to do it as most of them are fairly short. Volador Jr. is about as jacked looking as they get in that division and he's only 192 at 5'9"
I think that list isn’t a bad list for the future and I think Cobb should be added as well. He doesn’t seem to be in a rush to leave for the states.

Been a lot of buzz about Jay White this weekend.
He does have a match scheduled with Eddie Kingston on Feb 18.

25/30 women’s
5/23 men’s.

They way they have pushed his comeback, if anyone but Cody wins the Runble, I’ll be stunned. But I’m definitely pulling for Sami!

I’m gonna go back and watch some older rumbles. Let’s see if I can get into this tonight. These have been some pretty bad rumbles lately if I remember correctly

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
Thank you for doing the draw. I'm probably getting Titus O'Neill or someone who trips over the top rope.

It seems like they want to make you think Cody is winning, but that seems too easy.
I'll go with Sami and Rhea Ripley.

92 will always be my favorite Rumble. 2001 and 2007 were good ones to. I honestly can't remember a good recent Rumble. Maybe when Edge came back.

I recall enjoying the one that Nakamura won in 2018. Other then that, recent ones haven't been good.

2005 was great obviously

Loved the whole Batista - HHH buildup. I want Sami to win and Reigns to play mind games with him in the buildup. Sami deserves it

Anyone remember the time that “Dirty” Doug Gilbert was in the Rumble?

He is the brother of the late Eddie Gilbert, for those of you that didn’t follow the old Memphis promotion.

Anyone remember the time that “Dirty” Doug Gilbert was in the Rumble?

He is the brother of the late Eddie Gilbert, for those of you that didn’t follow the old Memphis promotion.
Didn’t mr perfect or heenan bury him on commentary when he came out?

I think uswa did a royal rumble for the wwf one and Gilbert won that to get the spot?

ADVERTISEMENT