ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I kept watching in hopes there would be a big moment and every one was a let down. I agree that the cage match was a joke and I'm sorry but I just don't get Dakota Kai. She looks like a scrawny person on meth you would see at a Thornton's on Dixie HWY. I just can't buy her as being a champion just like I can't buy Darby Allin but maybe that is just me.

Oh and Sami being in The Bloodline is the best thing WWE's had going in years so I totally expect them to screw it up and turn on each other way too soon.

One last thing, why do I feel like L A Knight is a cross between a Dollar Store Stone Cold attitude and Shooter McGavin's looks from Happy Gilmore?

MD2NFYM3ORDQLLZSSJMUGMQ5KU.jpg

Reactions: Untouchables40
Reports say the cage match was scrapped because the Bloodline Trial segment went long. Instead of having a cage match that only lasted 6 or 7 minutes. They decided to use it as an angle so that the actual cage match can happen in the future without having to be shortened. If those reports are true, what they did with the cage match was the right call imo.

Matt's selling of people coming out to see Orange Cassidy and The Best Friends....yeeesh.

For someone who's trying to build a relationship with AEW saying "OC is a guy who doesn't talk because he's good looking and one of the best friends is from Kentucky but I don't know his name" doesn't come off great.

As expected, the 30th Anniversary of Raw did a huge rating on Monday.

2,344,000 viewers and a .70- Tops on all of TV for the night.

Hour 1 did 2,635,000 and a .80 however hour three did 2,024,000 and a .60.

So about 600,000 viewers tuned out from hour 1 to 3.

As expected, the 30th Anniversary of Raw did a huge rating on Monday.

2,344,000 viewers and a .70- Tops on all of TV for the night.

Hour 1 did 2,635,000 and a .80 however hour three did 2,024,000 and a .60.

So about 600,000 viewers tuned out from hour 1 to 3.
So approximately 2,635,000 were disappointed?

Reactions: K-mac18
Dynamite for this evening...card subject to change as AEW just announced Britt Baker won't wrestle tonight due to injury.

Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara vs. Action Andretti & Ricky Starks.
Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal in tribute to Jay Briscoe on what would have been Jay's 39th birthday.
Bryan Danielson vs. Brian Cage.
Jungle Boy & Hook vs. Ethan Page & Matt Hardy with Stokely Hathaway.
AEW TNT Champion Darby Allin vs. Buddy Matthews.
Britt Baker vs. Ruby Soho vs. Toni Storm.
The Acclaimed and The Gunns go to Family Therapy with Billy Gunn.

No Kenny or the midget twins? Other than those scrubs that run with Jericho, seems like a good card. Kenny is great in Japan but his US stuff doesn’t do it. The midget twins and Cowboy Adam need to git. Clean the roster of them, the Jericho clan, and have Kenny pretend he is in Japan and AEW would be a solid product.

I'm in as well.

I don't think they can have blood tonight, the KY Athletic Commission will shut the show down. Unless something has changed.

Reactions: GeraldV
I remember going to Backlash and HHH bleeding buckets, don’t think WWE came back for some time after that one.

Hope everyone going to dynamite has a good time tonight. I went to the Denver one (second to last show before Covid shut everything down) and it was a good time.

In for the draw. We didnt have one last year, right? I don't mind taking over if no one wants to do it

On TV I thought the crowd came across pretty well, minus the women's match. But when DMD came out they picked back up.

That main event was pretty much perfect.

Well that was a tear jerker. Seeing Jay Lethal crying… I couldn’t hold back, a couple tears broke through.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT