ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I hate WWE steel cage matches. The idea that you can just open the cage door and walk out to win is so weak. Why not just powerbomb your opponent and walk out? Not only walk out, but the ref even opens the door for you! Just so pointless

I agree with you for the most part. I do have a soft spot for slamming the door in someones face.

Looks like the Raw after the Royal Rumble is going to be in Cincinnati, that could be fun.
I’ve wondered the same thing about Becky and Charlotte too.

Hoping AEW doesn’t get too cute tonight, it’s time for Hangman to win.

After putting Hardy last night over Cassidy, I honestly have no clue what AEW will do. Part of me thinks they keep it on Omega.

PREDICTION TIME!!

Who you got tonight?!
Miro vs Danielson- Miro
Baker vs Contay- Baker
Lucha bros vs FTR- Lucha Bros
Jurassic Express vs Superclique- superclique
Cody/Pac vs Andrade/Black- Andrade/Black
Kingston vs Punk- Kingston
Darby vs MJF- MJf
Inner circle vs ATT- IC
Hangman vs omega- Hangman

PREDICTION TIME!!

Who you got tonight?!
Miro vs Danielson- Miro
Baker vs Contay- Baker
Lucha bros vs FTR- Lucha Bros
Jurassic Express vs Superclique- superclique
Cody/Pac vs Andrade/Black- Andrade/Black
Kingston vs Punk- Kingston
Darby vs MJF- MJf
Inner circle vs ATT- IC
Hangman vs omega- Hangman
Same, except Punk over Kingston.

Reactions: Fast3ddy
wtf.... Did not see that ending coming. That was a great match. DIdn't enjoy it at first, but it got way better towards the end.

Great PPV. A lot of great wrestling once again. Two year story of triumph has concluded tonight. Congrats Cowboy!

I’m happy for Hangman, he’s earned it. But damn I hate seeing Omega’s reign end. He was only a few weeks away from having the title a full year and there was still major headline matches he could have had as the champion. Knowing there’s a good chance this was the only time he ever holds the AEW title is the main reason I hate seeing him lose it.

I know nothing about Jay’s in ring ability, but I know every time I watch that spot with ric flsir I always laugh so hard.

Reactions: GeraldV
Kenny has been rumored to be working with a lot of physical issues for several months. He probably needs a break if all that is true.

Still bummed they didn’t have Hangman kick out of the One Winged Angel, though.

Kenny has been rumored to be working with a lot of physical issues for several months. He probably needs a break if all that is true.

Still bummed they didn’t have Hangman kick out of the One Winged Angel, though.
That is one pet peeve of mine with today's wrestling. If people are constantly kicking out of someone's finishing move it just weakens the move to me. Let them do other moves that they haven't "perfected" and guys kick out of those but if you do a finishing move guys shouldn't kick out of it regularly.

Also are chops to the chest the new superkick where everyone does them the whole freaking match?

Reactions: KingOfBBN
That is one pet peeve of mine with today's wrestling. If people are constantly kicking out of someone's finishing move it just weakens the move to me. Let them do other moves that they haven't "perfected" and guys kick out of those but if you do a finishing move guys shouldn't kick out of it regularly.

Also are chops to the chest the new superkick where everyone does them the whole freaking match?
Idk, but I’m not complaining about it. Chops are amazing!

That they do, but they give such a different energy to a match that a power slam or suicide dive cannot give out.

I came across this picture of either Peter Avalon trying to look like Ruby Soho with a mustache or a cross dressing Adoph Hitler I'm not sure which.

EY-CXwHXQAUd8Ey

• Haha
Reactions: CrittendenWildcat
Maybe it’s just me but I don’t “get” page as champ - I get getting over on omega but I see it again catering to the established base - I “get” Jericho/mox/omega/db/punk as champ I just don’t get page from an outsider point of view.

I used to think Charlotte was attractive, but that screencap still of her on this video makes me throw up in my mouth a little, she looks like a bitter old woman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT