ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

My workplace is shedding jobs. Might get into wrestling if it means I can have this at the end of my career.
MV5BZWE0YWMxOTUtNjlkOC00ZGE1LWExMDEtNzUyZGU5MGFiN2FiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjk1NTA0ODY@._V1_.jpg

MV5BYjNhYmI3MDgtNmQ2OS00ZDJlLWI4NjktZWNkYTU5YzZmZjMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
I popped for the return of Danielson's "I've got until five!!"

I also laughed when Bobby Fish started to do the Undisputed Era thing and the Bucks said, "you can't say that here."

Calling it now that MJF is the first guy to beat Punk.
Overall thought it was a really good show.

Reactions: TheExhaustedOne
Is DB going heel? Idk, I think he’s going to say it was all mind games because he knows how good Hangman is and knew he couldn’t beat him unless he got him off his game.

Reactions: K-mac18
I love the undisputed era jokes that the bucks keep throwing out.

Hangman and Danielson were great. Bryan barely got the word “Wrestlemania” out of his mouth before the boos started coming. 😂

And small stuff like this is part of why I love AEW. They go the extra mile to put in small details that most people never even pick up on. MJF and Punk intentionally wore the colors they did because of their meeting when MJF was a kid.

Reactions: Nbacats
After some growing pains, AEW has seemed to hit it's stride as a company and I am all for it. There are storylines throughout the roster, matches that look to be must see, and a much needed breath of fresh air in the industry. I'm really hoping that it makes WWE pick up it's game and we get a true wrestling war. Competition is so good for the fans for sure.

Is it just me or is Andrade and FTR/Tully teasing a horsemen type group??

After some growing pains, AEW has seemed to hit it's stride as a company and I am all for it. There are storylines throughout the roster, matches that look to be must see, and a much needed breath of fresh air in the industry. I'm really hoping that it makes WWE pick up it's game and we get a true wrestling war. Competition is so good for the fans for sure.

Is it just me or is Andrade and FTR/Tully teasing a horsemen type group??
Trouble is, Andrade has zero charisma. He brings nothing to a group, IMHO.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Do you care to explain to me what that means? I was so confused seeing all of the tweets about it.
Heel Danielson loves saying “I’ve got until five,” to the ref before he has to break a hold if the other guy is in the ropes or whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryanbruner
Do you care to explain to me what that means? I was so confused seeing all of the tweets about it.
He use to say it all the time in RoH and other independents. It was his cocky way of not breaking the hold at first.

Im not sure if Danielson is going full heel right now or if that was just because Page had the home crowd. Punk/MJF will be money. Some good feuds on the horizon.

Heel Danielson loves saying “I’ve got until five,” to the ref before he has to break a hold if the other guy is in the ropes or whatever.

He use to say it all the time in RoH and other independents. It was his cocky way of not breaking the hold at first.

Im not sure if Danielson is going full heel right now or if that was just because Page had the home crowd. Punk/MJF will be money. Some good feuds on the horizon.
Gotcha. Makes sense now.

CM Punk is so painfully unathletic. He's pretty bad, actually. He has made his mark simply by his ability to talk.

That is one complaint I have with AEW. They have babyfaces squaring off and heels squaring off so you never know what the heck is going on and who is feuding with who.
Bad guy vs good guy is an overused thing though. You know who the jackass and nice guys are based on the promos. UFC changed everything in terms of heels vs babyfaces. A babyface shouldn't be cheered automatically anymore. We know people enjoy the jackasses (Conor McGregor, Colby Covington, Jorge Masvidal, etc) more than the nice guys now.

AEW is changing the way you view traditional wrestling. They don't follow traditional heel vs babyface storylines anymore. That's a good thing because its more organic and real now.

Reactions: TheExhaustedOne
That is one complaint I have with AEW. They have babyfaces squaring off and heels squaring off so you never know what the heck is going on and who is feuding with who.
Why this is not a regular thing in wrestling is beyond me. When you watch ufc fights, there’s a big chance it’s two jerks or two good guy crowd favorites. Go with that. This is the 80s anymore.

Does anyone remember when Kurt Angle and Sting had a storyline in TNA where Kurt stalked Stings son? Then Kurt beat his son's ass at a high school football game. God TNA was so bad it was good.

Funny how some people think aew can do no wrong and justifying everything they do or trash people that criticize it.

So yeah all that stuff everyone else said about Danielson and the five count.

Dynamite did 984,000 viewers and a .37 in 18-49. Beat everything but the two NBA games.

A bunch more WWE releases today. Drake Maverick, Tegan Nox, and John Morrison included. They also released all of Hit Row. They just called them up in the “draft” and now they release them. It makes no sense.

A bunch more WWE releases today. Drake Maverick, Tegan Nox, and John Morrison included. They also released all of Hit Row. They just called them up in the “draft” and now they release them. It makes no sense.
Dang that’s tough - again pretty much wiping out associated with hhh’s nxt

Surprised richochet and Cedric Alexander have made it thru these cuts - they are basically afterthoughts - maybe nick khan and Vince forgot they are still on the payroll

Last edited:
Dang that’s tough - again pretty much wiping out associated with hhh’s nxt

Surprised richochet and Cedric Alexander have made it thru these cuts - they are basically afterthoughts - maybe nick khan and Vince forgot they are still on the payroll

No one has ever had a better deal than Lanny Poffo. Dude was signed with WCW for years and never wrestled a single match

slight correction. He may have wrestled either a dark match or at a house show. Unconfirmed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryanbruner
Good on Top Dolla. He deserves it after his trash talking a month back or more about how he will get over unlike all the other call ups that failed.

Just watched the Brian Pillman Dark Side of the Ring again and was wondering how Brian Pillman Junior has been doing on AEW since they showed up in his home town and said he should have been an abortion and called his mother Methany?

Just watched the Brian Pillman Dark Side of the Ring again and was wondering how Brian Pillman Junior has been doing on AEW since they showed up in his home town and said he should have been an abortion and called his mother Methany?
Ironically I just saw that DarknSide of the Ring episode tonight. At least Jr. is in good standing with his mother now or that would have been a really ****ed up promo from MJF. Still was ****ed up but slightly less.

Reactions: Glenn's take
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT