ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I don’t usually watch the Saudi shows but the whole Brock-Roman thing had me interested enough to check it out tonight.

Tonight’s Dark Side of the Ring is on XPW.

Which wrestler can you absolutely not stand to see wrestle or hear on the Mic? Don't include sideshow comedy relief like Marko Stunt.

For me it is Sami Callihan. I call him AC because he sucks all of the heat out the building. He doesn't sell. His moments on the mic make me want to immediately change the channel. His character typically is a bully type but he can't pull it off. Face or Heel he is terrible.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Becky Lynch. I dont see her as anything special. She was put over by a botch and her mic skills do nothing for me. Other then the Miz (so help me God) I don’t see any one in the WWE good with the mic.

Reactions: Sidelinecat2
If you have a Roku, there is an app that just popped up on mine called Live TV on Roku Channel and it has an Impact channel that is showing their old PPV and other programming. Channel 223. There is also an app called Stirr that has Ring of Honor. It's also free.

Becky Lynch. I dont see her as anything special. She was put over by a botch and her mic skills do nothing for me. Other then the Miz (so help me God) I don’t see any one in the WWE good with the mic.
You beat me to it as I just don't see her as being good on the mic and just average in the ring. I just don't get her as some tough as nails chick either. I mean everyone knows Shayna Baszler or Rhea Ripley would rip her in two if it was a real fight.

Becky's delivery sounds stupid with her accent and her work is good but nothing flashy. What gets her over is that she's clever with her promos, seems likable and is smoking hot.

Finished watching the "Dark Side Of The Ring" on XPW. That whole story was even crazier than I remember.

Great day for the Smackdown folks who get to fly from Saudi Arabia to lovely Wichita, Kansas for tonight's Smackdown.

The fallout of Crown Jewel.
Brock Lesnar has promised to confront Roman Reigns

Over on Rampage: as usual they've got a lot packed into one hour.

PAC vs. Andrade el Idolo.
AEW Women's Champion Britt Baker vs. Anna Jay.
TBS Tournament Brackets released.
AEW Championship Eliminator Tournament: Jon Moxley vs. 10.
AEW Championship Eliminator Tournament: Orange Cassidy vs. Will Hobbs.

Finished watching the "Dark Side Of The Ring" on XPW. That whole story was even crazier than I remember.
Watched it as well, I’ve always had a weird fascination with XPW. It’s nuts to hear wrestlers talk about how awful something was, but then say they’d do it again in a heartbeat. The Messiah story was something I always read on boards, so it was crazy to hear him talk about it all.

Reactions: K-mac18
The problem with Rampage is the time slot. They put on good matches, but it has to be STELLAR to convince people to change their plans or stay up that late. Andrade vs Pac 2 is already off to a stellar pace, but a lot of people will just record and watch the next day because of the shitty time slot. So they have to change that ASAP.

Well…

Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair reportedly got into an argument backstage following their belt exchange segment on Friday night's episode of WWE SmackDown.

According to PWInsider (h/t WrestlingInc.com's Sai Mohan), Lynch and Charlotte got "heated" after the show, but things didn't get physical.

Flair reportedly had concern the segment would make her Raw Women's Championship reign look weak.

Charlotte was supposed to hand Lynch the Raw women's title and Lynch was supposed to hand Charlotte the SmackDown women's title, but it reportedly didn't go according to plan.

According to the report, Flair wasn't supposed to throw the belt on the mat, and Lynch wasn't supposed to throw her belt at Charlotte.

Lynch reportedly took issue with Flair "trying to make her look bad" during the segment.

Alex McCarthy of TalkSport added some context to the previous report, noting that Charlotte was supposed to play "cat and mouse" with the title by pulling it away from Becky when she went to grab it, but the belt ended up falling on the mat instead.

McCarthy also noted that Charlotte and Becky have a "strained" relationship after previously being close friends due to a 2018 promo in which Lynch called Flair "plastic."

After the segment, Flair reportedly walked past Gorilla position without speaking to WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, which didn't sit well with McMahon.

Flair reportedly left immediately to catch a flight from Wichita, Kansas, to Orlando, Florida, to be with her fiance, former WWE Superstar and current AEW star Andrade El Idolo.

Andrade wrestled Pac in the main event of AEW Rampage on Friday night and directed the following tweet toward WWE afterward:

It is unclear if Andrade's tweet was in reference to his match or what reportedly happened with Charlotte at SmackDown.

PWInsider did report that Friday's segment got back on track when Sasha Banks showed up to confront Charlotte, at which point Lynch left and walked to the back.

Before Lynch left, she teased facing either Flair or Banks at Survivor Series next month in a champion vs. champion match.

If the plan is for both Becky and Charlotte to remain champions entering Survivor Series, it is fair to wonder if what happened Friday was overblown for dramatic effect in order to generate more interest in the match.

So I don’t follow AEW really so is this a bracket to face Omega?
The final match is at Full Gear, so either Hangman or Omega.

Also... Rhodes vs Black III.... are they going to have Black lose or Cody lose three straight to someone. I'd rather see Cody lose three straight and do an arc where he has to get it back and crawl back.

This has to be why Andrade sent the FU WWE tweet.

What I read was Charlotte was pissed because Becky was wanting to hold both belts at once for a Becky two belt thing. There’s just been numerous things since Andrade left that makes me think she doesn’t want to be there anymore.

Last edited:

This has to be why Andrade sent the FU WWE tweet.
Ya it was in my long post - tried to post the link but it wouldn’t let me post it so had to copy/paste

—————————————————————
Flair reportedly left immediately to catch a flight from Wichita, Kansas, to Orlando, Florida, to be with her fiance, former WWE Superstar and current AEW star Andrade El Idolo.

Andrade wrestled Pac in the main event of AEW Rampage on Friday night and directed the following tweet toward WWE afterward:

It is unclear if Andrade's tweet was in reference to his match or what reportedly happened with Charlotte at SmackDown.

Reactions: TheExhaustedOne
Punk and Fish would be a heck of a match.

As much as Charlotte has done in WWE it certainly seems like she's out of there as soon as her deal is up.

I kinda thought she would leave because she's done everything in WWE and wants to prove she can make the difference like her dad. However, I never saw this implosion coming. It all started at MitB when she flipped everyone off in the crowd.

Reactions: TheExhaustedOne
Figured Cody would win but I didn’t expect him to get booed out of the building.

According to the PwInsider folks Tony Nese is going to be on AEW Dark this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT