ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Probably too small. The arenas they have booked are all in the 10-13k range. Kentucky doesn't have a mid-sized arena like that.

That hanging upside down stunner on the outside that Ember Moon hit on Evans last night was badass! Very impressive.

They had Rollins beat down The Fiend after Raw went off air last night. Ridiculous. They’ll have this screwed up in under 6 months. Feels like they were testing fan reactions to Seth beating down Bray. Makes me think Seth wins at HIAC. If they have Fiend lose at the HIAC they’re even bigger dumbasses than I thought. Then again this is the same people thats made Braun 0-6 in Universal title matches on PPV so Seth winning should be expected.

Reactions: K-mac18
If IMPACT ends up being the big winner in all of this . . . the irony would be too much even for me!
Impact has zero chance of being a winner in anything. They’d be smart to sell the company or do whatever to get some of the money back. How they stay going I have no clue. Their crowds are high school gym level, ppv buys are low and yet they have talent that probably makes a good chunk of change.

If you're such a wrestling savant how do you not know you always send the home crowd home happy?

Impact has zero chance of being a winner in anything. They’d be smart to sell the company or do whatever to get some of the money back. How they stay going I have no clue. Their crowds are high school gym level, ppv buys are low and yet they have talent that probably makes a good chunk of change.
...which is why a TV Deal and a little attention/support could change that.

nor his feud with Jericho which made Chris relevant again and as big as he’s ever been.
I enjoy omega’s matches more than others here, but are you really saying Jericho is at his height of popularity because of two matches with omega (I may just be misreading your post)? I’m going be interested to see how omega connects with a more mainstream audience. After DON, I really started to think how will casuals relate to omega? It’s one aspect I’m curious to see when AEW gets to TV.

You have a difficult time picking up tone.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
[laughing] They're not in Kentucky because Rupp and Yum are too big.

Hey , i know for a fact my MNHHS gym is available and willing to listen. Well as long as it is not basketball or volleyball season. And if it rains, the mens CC team has rights to the gym to run indoors.

Omega is the absolute best...

at telling everyone he's the absolute best.

He's the second most effective storyteller as anyone in the industry...outside of the entire WWE women roster hating each other and holding each other down to where no woman succeeds. NOW THAT'S LIFE TO ART YOU BUNCH OF MARKS.
Congrats to Zay for bringing Corey Davis back to the thread without burying Jeff Jarrett. That takes talent.

If you're such a wrestling savant how do you not know you always send the home crowd home happy?
I really doubt they Always send the crowd home happy. Plus, I really doubt Seth beating down Bray is what would have made the crowd happy. Seth is losing fan support daily.

btw, this is exactly why you don’t do this crap. Wwe screwing up and fans seeing Bray running away isn’t helping anybody, especially Bray.

I enjoy omega’s matches more than others here, but are you really saying Jericho is at his height of popularity because of two matches with omega (I may just be misreading your post)? I’m going be interested to see how omega connects with a more mainstream audience. After DON, I really started to think how will casuals relate to omega? It’s one aspect I’m curious to see when AEW gets to TV.
Yes the Omega feud had a large part to do with it. When Chris came back out of nowhere 2 years ago and he and Kenny started attacking each other in random places, the iwc blew up.

I really doubt they Always send the crowd home happy. Plus, I really doubt Seth beating down Bray is what would have made the crowd happy. Seth is losing fan support daily.

btw, this is exactly why you don’t do this crap. Wwe screwing up and fans seeing Bray running away isn’t helping anybody, especially Bray.

Yes the Omega feud had a large part to do with it. When Chris came back out of nowhere 2 years ago and he and Kenny started attacking each other in random places, the iwc blew up.

What’s iwc?

Have you ever been to Raw Smackdown or a house show?

And after looking it up Bray no sold one stomp and then disappeared after 3 additional stomps.

OmG bUrIeD

You clearly didn’t watch nor have a clue what I was referring to in the last post so whatever. You’re right, they handled the fiend 100% correct. There’s no way they could ever screw him up!

No dumbass I didn’t watch your stupid YouTube video because I don’t need someone to tell me how to react to something I didn’t even watch.

I actually watched what happened and linked it for you.

Reactions: Col. Angus
And do you REALLY thing a few people seeing Bray run away (he had to run to create the illusion he disappeared) in the ambient lighting during a dark segment is ruining the mystique of the Fiend when this exists?

Back when Hornswaggle debuted (he was still called Lil Bastard) I saw him run down the aisle while the lights were out so he could hide under the ring at a house show.

It was then, and ONLY then, that I knew wrestling was fake.

Lee and Dijakovic was a heck of a match!!
My opinion has never wavered on Keith Lee. Absolutely awesome.

On the other hand, I've had to warm up to Dijakovic, but that guy just keeps getting better and better. Love a good hoss battle.

* The great cbpointblank1979 (RIP although not really) told me a story about when he attended the last Raw in Rupp (Randy Orton catches Evan Bourne with the RKO in mid-SSP), they had a whole crew wheel these industrial strength fans onto the ramp so they could do John Morrison's entrance, and it totally ruined Morrison for him IIRC. We could just picture Vince at Gorilla, DAMMIT GET THE FANS.

That Lee DJax match was a 600lb middle finger to the almighty Omega. That was a PPV match on free tv. I’m glad Keith Lee is getting major exposure now that’s man shouldn’t be able to do some of the things he does. That corkscrew dive and the 2nd rope moonsault to almost the middle of the ring holy crap.

That Lee DJax match was a 600lb middle finger to the almighty Omega. That was a PPV match on free tv. I’m glad Keith Lee is getting major exposure now that’s man shouldn’t be able to do some of the things he does. That corkscrew dive and the 2nd rope moonsault to almost the middle of the ring holy crap.
The thing about Keith Lee is he makes a complete hypocrite out of me. One of my general biggest turn-offs in a wrestling match is when guys do flips for the sake of doing flips and it somehow passes as "workrate." It's the opposite of what my favorite wrestler, Arn Anderson, would do.

But when Keith Lee does a big moonsault and a no-hands plancha to the floor? It's f'n awesome. He's like this generation's Bam Bam Bigelow.

Reactions: WildcatRampage
Speaking of Arn, I can see his podcast being good once he warms up to the format (and Conrad). Conrad is pretty good at dragging the personalities out of these guys (see Schiavone, Tony). Once they start cussing each other, we'll know they've arrived.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
The thing about Keith Lee is he makes a complete hypocrite out of me. One of my general biggest turn-offs in a wrestling match is when guys do flips for the sake of doing flips and it somehow passes as "workrate." It's the opposite of what my favorite wrestler, Arn Anderson, would do.

But when Keith Lee does a big moonsault and a no-hands plancha to the floor? It's f'n awesome. He's like this generation's Bam Bam Bigelow.

Bam bam is a great comparison-that’s exactly who I was thinking of too

According to a WWE release today going forward the Raw announced team will be Vic Joseph, Dio Maddin and Jerry Lawler

SD will be Michael Cole and Corey Graves. Renee Young is listed as a special contributor. Not trying to be that person but they really needed
her out of the broadcast booth.

So they aren't trying to load up that October 2nd episode of NXT are they? It's almost a Takeover Card.

That Lee DJax match was a 600lb middle finger to the almighty Omega.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT