ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I am the first one to criticize WWE when they do stupid stuff so I will now say I thought HIAC was a really good show.

Though I am not sure how the screwdriver spot with Orton and Hardy is TV-PG
I was cringing during the Orton/Hardy screwdriver part. I was just waiting for his earlobe to tear off. :scream:

Reactions: K-mac18
It is really amazing the lengths that wwe will go to so that Roman isn’t booed out of the building when winning or retaining his title. Bring in Foley, who served zero purpose other than fan distraction. And bring in Lesnar. Foley nearly kills himself 20 years ago and the match finished yet Brock can come in and give an f5 to Braun and Lames and they’re too hurt to continue. Makes sense.

I don’t know if it’s true but people on twitter said the crowd was very pissed and ready to riot when they realized the match was called off.

WWE is doing a Starcade show on November 24th in Cincinnati.

• The Shield (Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose) vs. Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre in a Cincinnati Street Fight
  • WWE Champion AJ Styles defending against Samoa Joe in a steel cage match
  • SmackDown Women's Champion Becky Lynch defending against Charlotte Flair in a steel cage match
  • United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura defending against Rusev (w/ Lana)
  • SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day defending against Cesaro & Sheamus
  • A performance with Elias and Ric Flair

So there’s another event in November in Saudi Arabia and it’s a triple threat between Brock/Roman/Braun so I guess last night begins the build up for that...

Was just going to post about the Starrcade thing...
They filmed last year's show even though I don't think other than highlights it ever was on
the network.

Jeff Hardy after returning to WWE: I'm older and am going to take less risks in the ring to preserve my body.

Also Jeff Hardy:

lN5D0eu.gif

Reactions: Brandon Stroud
Last night was probably the worst RAW of the year...dragging OverthehillTaker out was just icing on the cake.

Does anyone watch 205 Live...looks like starting tonight they are going to record the episode before Smackdown and then it will air after NXT on Wednesday nights.
I don't know why they didn't do this before, everyone leaves as soon as SD is over. Plus it is a good way to warm up the crowd before the show.

Does anyone watch 205 Live...looks like starting tonight they are going to record the episode before Smackdown and then it will air after NXT on Wednesday nights.
I don't know why they didn't do this before, everyone leaves as soon as SD is over. Plus it is a good way to warm up the crowd before the show.

They are doing that because the Mixed Match Challenge starts tonight.

Jeff Jarrett loved to incorporate midgets into his work, especially when he was booking.

Honestly one of my favorite things about him. Wrestling should always have midgets in it in some capacity.

Last night was probably the worst RAW of the year...dragging OverthehillTaker out was just icing on the cake.
It’s mainly because of Roman IMO. But even besides him, the two Rae’s before HIAC were exactly the same. Look at the matches. It was the exact same show. Then last night was basically more of the same shit. It’s absolutely horrible. I’ve reached that point of not really even being interested in what happens. We basically know what will happen each week. Roman and Ronda aren’t losing their belts anytime soon. Really no reason to watch.

Also, if anyone here listens to the Steve Austin podcast, be sure and listen to today’s episode featuring Maxwell Jacob Friedman. I had never heard of him until today even though he was in the opening match of All In. It was a good podcast as usual but what made it so good was the ending. MJF did most of the episode in character, which most people don’t don’t do on Steve’s show. He definitely sold himself well.

Jeff Jarrett loved to incorporate midgets into his work, especially when he was booking.

Honestly one of my favorite things about him. Wrestling should always have midgets in it in some capacity.

Hornswoggle likes this
Dink likes this

Dunne vs Ricochet was great last night

Love what they're doing with Becky .. which means they're gonna screw it up soon.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
I'll admit that when they introduce Ricochet (henceforth LD Jr.) as being from Paducah, KY I mark out a bit.

Fantastic match. Dunne is a great heel. LD Jr. is a great babyface. I'd like to see them have a proper program.

Benny still has a lot of work to do, but Kash is main roster ready now. He’s been working on his promo game for a while now.

Dave just now told me Cena is booked to win the WWE title between now and before 2020

Wow that would break you know who

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT