ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Same company that makes NXT. I know people on the inside don't like to talk about how the sausage is made, but how can the same company make two shows so different in quality? If you have a good show and a bad show, logic says you want to make your bad show like your good show.

Same company that makes NXT. I know people on the inside don't like to talk about how the sausage is made, but how can the same company make two shows so different in quality? If you have a good show and a bad show, logic says you want to make your bad show like your good show.
NXT not being 3 hours (plus 2 more for the exact same thing under a different name) is probably 90% of it. You simply can't make 3 or 5 hours of wrestling TV a week. Even at the peak of the Attitude Era, Smackdown and Thunder's quality was extremely short lived.

Plus, NXT actually has a specific audience to play to. It's not the audience I would prefer, but at least it's consistent and WWE knows what to put out. Part of RAW's problem is that they can't please everybody, because they actively try to please everyone. Sure, Vince's bullheaded nature and the lack of competition are important factors, but you can't make a wrestling show that simultaneously plays well to children, teens, neckbeards, adults, etc. while trying to "target" them.

Renee with a Detlef Schrempf reference. Is she trying get me to marry her or something?? I mean, if she keeps it up I guess I'll have to. She just needs to cool it.

People want to cheer Elias so bad, then he just totally dumps all over everything they actually care about. [laughing] It’s great! He’s becoming one of my favorite personalities on the show. He and Owens together could be something special. They need to be careful as to not become a comedy routine, but those two can really work a crowd.

Reactions: GhostVol
Show in Rupp...

Talk about Wildcat basketball history and magazine covers. Show one routine cover, then go to the SI "Kentucky's Shame" cover...

Then proceed to cut a heel promo on the state and the basketball program. Finish by praising Pitino.

Would you cause a riot if done properly? Would you get stabbed?

Reactions: K-mac18
Show in Rupp...

Talk about Wildcat basketball history and magazine covers. Show one routine cover, then go to the SI "Kentucky's Shame" cover...

Then proceed to cut a heel promo on the state and the basketball program. Finish by praising Pitino.

Would you cause a riot if done properly? Would you get stabbed?
At the one house show I went to in July 1998, Owen Hart did this sans the last part.

He got MEGA heat. In hindsight it was fantastic.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
People want to cheer Elias so bad, then he just totally dumps all over everything they actually care about. [laughing] It’s great! He’s becoming one of my favorite personalities on the show. He and Owens together could be something special. They need to be careful as to not become a comedy routine, but those two can really work a crowd.

He's fantastic. The only one who's actually done better on the main roster then NXT.

Reactions: GhostVol
I see why he doesn’t do interviews much... ya know?

Ya know? I mean...

Said "you know" 176 times in 36 minutes.

That was awful. Interviewer did a good job of acting like he was interested the whole time.

I don't wanna hear Mark Calloway's (sp) voice. I don't wanna hear the human voice. I wanna hear the low bass deep Undertaker voice.

Wish I hadn't even watched that, to be honest. Mark Calloway doesn't come across as a guy I'd wanna hang out with.

Steve Williams, OTOH.

Last edited:
Do you like Roman Reigns?
Lmao can’t you tell?

He the only wrestler I’ve actually took time to estimate how many more years he has until he retires. And it’ll sound bad but if he were have a Paige type injury I won’t shed a tear. Well, maybe a tear of joy that the Raw roster is no long held hostage by that asshole.

Just look at the ripple effect of Vince trying to get him over and liked. It’s screwing with the careers of numerous wrestlers.

Another terrible episode of RAW...are they even trying anymore?
I’ve quit watching, partly because it sucks, but mainly as protest to Romans push. Hopefully if the rating keep staying at an all time low they’ll change. But Vince will probably think “Welp, let’s change everything up except Roman, that’s the one thing working well.”

I think it’s due to the wrestlers mostly all being stars from other promotions plus HHH doesn’t play favorites like Vince does. HHH actually does what people want and what makes the most sense. With the main roster it’s just Vince doing what he wants to do regardless if everyone hates it and it makes no sense.

After seeing All-In, no way Rhodes or the Bullet Club go to WWE. I did hear however Paige May end up going.

After seeing All-In, no way Rhodes or the Bullet Club go to WWE. I did hear however Paige May end up going.
The only guy who isn't coming back to WWE ever again is CM Punk.

Anybody else...I won't underestimate the ability of Triple H to mend fences. That's his best quality as an executive.

You'll see Cody again, and sooner rather than later.

Anybody else...I won't underestimate the ability of Triple H to mend fences. That's his best quality as an executive.

Wow

Hangman supposedly turned down wwe. The Bucks new storyline on BTE seems to be their contracts expiring in 3 months. They had a countdown ticker for it at the end of the episode.

DoYC8ZkWsAEiQxr.jpg

You guys...

No Mercy

Okay so let’s say they go then what’s their ceiling?
They aren’t going over Roman Reigns or The Shield on RAW.

Feud with Undisputed Era in NXT?

Takeover Smackdown?

--While most reports suggest that Shawn Michaels is coming back as an active wrestler to compete in 1 or 2 matches, there is actually a good chance that he will be wrestling up to half a dozen times over the next year into the end of 2019. If that is true, expect WWE to set up at least a couple of dreams matches, for example against AJ Styles.

What would you guys like to see? Personally... I would kill for HBK vs Adam Cole. But I dare dream...

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Okay so let’s say they go then what’s their ceiling?
They aren’t going over Roman Reigns or The Shield on RAW.

Feud with Undisputed Era in NXT?

Takeover Smackdown?
Maybe. I'm not saying that when they come back they're going to be big stars. But money talks and an offer from Vince is tough to turn down from a financial standpoint.

Also...

Beware of Dog _____
Tables, Ladders and Chairs _____

And if we could use a WCW show name...

Spring Stampede _____

--While most reports suggest that Shawn Michaels is coming back as an active wrestler to compete in 1 or 2 matches, there is actually a good chance that he will be wrestling up to half a dozen times over the next year into the end of 2019. If that is true, expect WWE to set up at least a couple of dreams matches, for example against AJ Styles.

What would you guys like to see? Personally... I would kill for HBK vs Adam Cole. But I dare dream...

Hbk/AJ
Hbk/Adam Cole
Hbk/Shelton again

See.. I don't know much about him, obvious lol. I've seen a couple of his matches on NXT, but not enough to fall in love yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT