ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I'm glad All In succeeded. It needed to succeed for the benefit of the business at large.

It changes nothing about how I feel about Cody Rhodes or the Young Bucks. I don't like Cody Rhodes as a world champion. It's like making Tito Santana the world champion.

I'm glad All In succeeded. It needed to succeed for the benefit of the business at large.

It changes nothing about how I feel about Cody Rhodes or the Young Bucks. I don't like Cody Rhodes as a world champion. It's like making Tito Santana the world champion.
I used to think Cody was nothing more than a mid card talent on his very best day. Thought he was very bland and didn’t even care for him. He’s changed completely since those days in wwe. It blows my mind to see the difference in him now compared to then. He’s turned himself into a legit main event star over the last two years.

It really makes me wonder how many other guys the wwe has that are being wasted, that could become stars on their own if they left. Obviously quite a bit since quite a few guys got big after leaving.

Lexie's DadAll-SEC
“The Bucks are spot monkeys. They don't sell. No psychology - just flip, superkick, superkick, superkick.”

Shows how much you actually watch them. They may have been at one point earlier in their careers but that’s not what they are now.

Cody won a world title in a match that was in the middle of the card. He’s still and forever will be mid card talent. The Bucks were spot monkeys at Wrestle Kingodm this year and even more recently at the US G1 special. They just did 2 or 3 fewer super kicks

I like the Bucks. But as I said, they settle for good. That's fine. It's hard to be great. You may not get love from the fans who want dives and cute spots (note that The Revival isn't cute, just excellent).

If pandering to the neckbeard crowd is what you're after, Joey Ryan and the Bucks might as well be Flair and Hogan.

"LOL THEY KNOW WRESTLING ISNT REAL JUST LIKE US AND THEY TELL US THEY KNOW WE KNOW WRESTLING ISNT REAL. IM BASICALLY A WRESTLER!!!"

If pandering to the neckbeard crowd is what you're after, Joey Ryan and the Bucks might as well be Flair and Hogan.

"LOL THEY KNOW WRESTLING ISNT REAL JUST LIKE US AND THEY TELL US THEY KNOW WE KNOW WRESTLING ISNT REAL. IM BASICALLY A WRESTLER!!!"
Have I given you guys my impression of Joey Ryan yet?

He sucks.

That's the impression that I get.

You know what the best wrestling is? It's a quote from Eric Bischoff.

"This, this and this were all fake but THAT was real."

THAT is the best wrestling.

Yes, I know it's fake. The goal, shy of injuring folks for real, is to convince me it's not. A while back I saw a 2/3 falls match from Florida where Terry Funk won the world title from Harley Race. They got maximum mileage out of minimal physical effort because every move is a struggle.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I like the Bucks. But as I said, they settle for good. That's fine. It's hard to be great. You may not get love from the fans who want dives and cute spots (note that The Revival isn't cute, just excellent).
Just can’t agree. The Bucks are the best tag team there is right now.

Speaking of which, Animal was at All In dressed with face paint and shoulder pads on a motorcycle.
Because he's a CARNIE! There was a buck to be made. Back in their prime the Road Warriors would have stiffed and no-sold the cutesie shit from the Bucks.

Even if they're the best team in the world (they're not as good as Revival, but those guys are booked by mouth breathing troglodytes) - that doesn't make them great.

But, you're an anti-vaxxer. You are convinced. I'm sure that Juice Robinson is better than KO and Bad Luck Fale > Strowman.

Hell, Hangman Page is the second coming and cures herpes.

Am I close?

I read that All In ran long so the main event was a 12 minute spotfest so The Bucks could get all their stuff in. Is that true?

I honestly tried watching the pre show to see what was up but the sound was awful and I turned it back to football. And despite it being a huge production with 10k people it still looked like an ROH show from 2008.

Because he's a CARNIE! There was a buck to be made. Back in their prime the Road Warriors would have stiffed and no-sold the cutesie shit from the Bucks.

Even if they're the best team in the world (they're not as good as Revival, but those guys are booked by mouth breathing troglodytes) - that doesn't make them great.

But, you're an anti-vaxxer. You are convinced. I'm sure that Juice Robinson is better than KO and Bad Luck Fale > Strowman.

Hell, Hangman Page is the second coming and cures herpes.

Am I close?
Actually no. Juice is okay but Owens is much better. Fale isn’t in Braun’s league. Strowman is my favorite WWE guy. It pisses me off how he’s being treated right now. He’s got more talent and charisma in his pinky than Roman could ever dream of.

I like what’s good. Doesn’t matter where it is. I’m just not too much of a wwe fanboy to call All In what it was, a huge success and one of the best ppv in years.

I read that All In ran long so the main event was a 12 minute spotfest so The Bucks could get all their stuff in. Is that true?

I honestly tried watching the pre show to see what was up but the sound was awful and I turned it back to football. And despite it being a huge production with 10k people it still looked like an ROH show from 2008.
Yea the Scurll/Okada and Page/Janela matches went long so the Bucks match was cut in half so them and Mysterio’s team just did most all of their spots in half the time. Wasn’t much of a story but it was fast paced and fun to watch.

33jihdy.jpg

Disagree on the production value. That was basically wwe or slightly below wwe standard production value. I was very impressed as far as that went. My only complaint was the sound like you mentioned. They didn’t have the crowd mics set up right. The arena stayed hot all night and you could clearly see the crowd making noise and getting out of their seats but it didn’t come across like that on the stream.

So went to Raw tonight.

HBK's promo was a GD mess, thankfully Undertaker came out. Pretty awesome moment between the two.

Raw is more unbearable live then on TV. You don't realize how many TV breaks there are until you're there. The night just DRAGGGGGED.

Also, why is KO helping out Braun Strowman? The main event storyline is a GD disaster right now

Also read that the Omega match and post stuff with Jericho went over by 15 minutes, so that is a lot they had to cut out.
It was similar to ECW Barley Legal when they were about 15 seconds from getting the end of the show cut off.

Figures I didn't DVR Raw last night so I guess I will have to check out the Taker/HBK segment on line somewhere.

This Roman Reigns/Braun Strowman angle is a cluster of epic proportions. There was no need to align with Dolph and Drew. The entire heel portion of the locker room attacking the Shield was stupid especially given the entire locker room came out in the first segment. At least have the face portion of the locker room come out to battle the heel portion. Did anyone else see all the blood on Rollins arm as Raw was going off the air? I assume it was cut from hitting the police van.

That time Sid did a stint in ECW and just murdered people...like poor Big Vito in this clip.

Vince Russo saw Big Vito in this clip and has hired him in everything he has done since.

That second power bomb though...

Not telling any tales out of school here, but ECW was weird. The stuff that doesn't hold up REALLY doesn't hold up and you wonder how it ever made air in the first place. The stuff that does hold up is still being copied today, it's that good.

So yea? They are bringing back the Mixed Match Challenge. Looks like a little of the same teams from last time.

Feels like they intentionally made a mess of the show so that all in one PPV they can continue the Roman overcoming and taking over the #1 can’t lose baby face, get Braun off the brief case and out of the title picture, and get drew McIntyre involved for Roman to bury until survivor series.

Only way to do that in the short time they need to do it is muck it all up and get to the other side of of this booking wise.

Crazy Bob Backlund was an amazing character. Also, redundant.

I love that he won't sign autographs unless you can identify the Taft-Hartley Act or whatever.

Reactions: Brandon Stroud
So Cien and Sanity got moved to the main roster to be jobbers...well done WWE!

Also the over saturation of the Bellas and DB make this product so predictable and unwatchable.

The roster is simply too big and has too many main-event talents. That's not even taking into account the amount of guys who have vocal, but non-mainstream, followings that will flood the internet with complaints if "their guy" isn't pushed to the moon.

Cornette said it best when someone asked if he could start a roster with the best 20 guys, he replied that he would take the best 4-6 guys, then have 10 mid-card guys he could work in and out of the top spots, and then a few job guys, because your roster can't be all top guys. WWE right now is just bloated with talent, on top of their creative problems

The roster is simply too big and has too many main-event talents. That's not even taking into account the amount of guys who have vocal, but non-mainstream, followings that will flood the internet with complaints if "their guy" isn't pushed to the moon.

Cornette said it best when someone asked if he could start a roster with the best 20 guys, he replied that he would take the best 4-6 guys, then have 10 mid-card guys he could work in and out of the top spots, and then a few job guys, because your roster can't be all top guys. WWE right now is just bloated with talent, on top of their creative problems

Yeah I 100% agree with this...

Trying to turn Strowman heel is one of the dumbest things WWE has done in a while - and that's saying something. The guy turned over an ambulance - he will never EVER be a heel again in the eyes of the fans.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Crazy looking at the wwe roster now compared to 5-8 years ago. Back then the talent was at one of the lowest points I can remember. Now it’s insane. Especially considering some of their best talent isn’t even on the main roster.

Too much talent can be a problem but the main thing is the booking. If they had people who knew what they were doing then they’d be on fire right now.

When I watch non wwe stuff I don’t see the same mistakes being made and it’s also why I guess there aren’t masses of people complaining about the product in other places.

He is awful I know this place is for the below average but still.

He can add something rather then trying to get posters to laugh with lame lines.
Stop. You are a moron. You want to play fan fiction, role play here. You annoy EVERYONE. Please, just stop. Challenge GYERO again so you'll be banned. Stop posting. Don't force an entire group of people to put you on ignore.

The funniest moment in wrestling this week has to be KO when telling Ziggy 'hey man he took your title while the heels were holding Rollins. He didn't even think the camera was on them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT