ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I have a quick question then I'll go.

Is this thread a joke or are there grown men who watch wrestling posting here?

Yeah we like wrestling, so why open the thread and ask this silly question?

Hey man, I feel ya. I seriously didn't know and didn't want to read through it all. Some of it seemed like people were just making joke of it. But then I thought nah, it's too long to be a joke.

I guess I'll take a shot.

I miss the 80's and 90's WCW. Was just never the same after that.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
I’m not lost. That’s a different tab I keep open.

I’ll ban myself if you’ll eat a cyanide sandwich.

That was mean. I take it back. I’d settle for fighting a cobra... trying to hold your breath under water for 5 minutes. Either/or.

Phil are you a wrestling fan too?

Hey man, I feel ya. I seriously didn't know and didn't want to read through it all. Some of it seemed like people were just making joke of it. But then I thought nah, it's too long to be a joke.

I guess I'll take a shot.

I miss the 80's and 90's WCW. Was just never the same after that.
Most of us here liked the in-ring NWA-WCW product from that era.

We make jokes because the current product is missing something. NXT is excellent. NJPW is fine, but no promos and skits and loooooong matches bother me ( and others). Fans who show,up just to chant are jackasses). So we joke.

Yeah, I think the common thread of this thread is that wrestling used to be better. Some of us like to harp on when it was better, others focus on the present, it's a good mix.

giphy.gif

That's the King punching the crap out of Buddy Landell and Landell, God rest his soul, selling every single one of them.

Anyone going to try to watch the "All In" Show tomorrow night??
Going to DVR the hour that is going to be on WGN since it is the same time as the UK game.

Going to DVR the hour that is going to be on WGN since it is the same time as the UK game.

Is that the show that has Stardust vs Mickie James’s husband as the main event?

I hear there’s a Meltzer meet and greet in Chicago this weekend...only Newsletter subscribers are allowed All In to it.

watching some NJPW on the cable tv because it's there for whatever reason and only the 2nd match I've ever watched of Kenny Omega. Good ol JR slurring his way through the match but doing a damn fine job (better than what the WWE has now) and he's whipping ass on some fat Jap. Tomahiro Ishi probably doesn't speak a lick of English. Needs his ass kicked. Omega's real name is probably Kenneth Johnson.

He thinks he's gonna win (the Jap).

He's not.

It's Kenny Omega.

Which begs the question... Omega is pretty good. When is dude gonna go to WWE? Never? Because they'll ruin him? Sounds about right.

WWE sucks a fat cock since 1998.

Microwaved a chicken pot pie for 9 minutes and the middle of that shit stays hot for an hour. Lordy.

in NJPW they even kick out of finishers.

Jesus tap dancing on a landmine looking at some titties Christ.

I can't watch rasslin anymore. JR hates his job.

Welp. Ishi (the Jap) won it. **** me.

JR just called it a "slobber knocker". I'm good for the night. Needed it.

I mean Owen Hart was the greatest wrestler to not win the WWF/WWE Championship and his matches in 94 with his brother were 2 of the top 25 greatest matches of all time in WWE.

See I can't hate on Bret Hart long, he's awesome I feel bad for doing it
Myself and Razor Ramon disagree.

I wouldn’t miss the hour on WGN for anything, including our football game. I’ll try to find the rest online. I’m cheap.

Welp. Ishi (the Jap) won it. **** me.

JR just called it a "slobber knocker". I'm good for the night. Needed it.
Was this a rerun of the G1 Climax tournament? What channel was it on?

My face turn is only booked for 5 weeks also Dave said look for one other face to join BCf once he turns on LD around Rumble time. Or at RR
now me 3rd person...

mm what does that mean somebody gonna tag with the bad guy?

Also Dave seems to suggest it will be BCf VS LD in the main event at WrestleMania

My face turn is only booked for 5 weeks also Dave said look for one other face to join BCf once he turns on LD around Rumble time. Or at RR
now me 3rd person...

mm what does that mean somebody gonna tag with the bad guy?

Also Dave seems to suggest it will be BCf VS LD in the main event at WrestleMania
Uh, no. LD wouldn’t waste his time on the likes of you. OUR role is to serve as curtain jerkers with an occasional non-dark match. I have accepted my ceiling as being in mid-card hell. Join me in staying in our lane as ham ‘n eggers...

Found ALL IN online. Watched the last hour. Been really good. Much better than anything wwe has done in years. Joey Ryan came out after Hangman’s win with a bunch of men in penis costumes lmao.

Cody won the NWA title.

Found ALL IN online. Watched the last hour. Been really good. Much better than anything wwe has done in years. Joey Ryan came out after Hangman’s win with a bunch of men in penis costumes lmao.

Cody won the NWA title.

Was uncle Dave one of them

Gotta give it to Jericho...made a run-in at All In and now he’s going to perform with Fozzy at a rock concert.

Hate on Joey and his cock costumes all you want but it was awesome. When I said wwe I meant the main roster. All In was better than any main roster wwe ppv this year.

How you can call the Bucks dicks is beyond me. Two of the coolest guys in the business. True good guys. Must hurt how they’re the biggest thing in wrestling right now.

How you can call the Bucks dicks is beyond me. Two of the coolest guys in the business. True good guys. Must hurt how they’re the biggest thing in wrestling right now.
When Bcf said Meltzer read this thread I didn't believe him. Now I've found his account.

You're like an anti-vaxxer posting trash on Facebook. You're so blind to your passion, you can't help yourself.

NJPW-ROH is good. Matches are longer than I care to routinely watch. They kick out of too many big moves for my tastes. They don't sell and psychology is hit or miss.

The Bucks are spot monkeys. They don't sell. No psychology - just flip, superkick, superkick, superkick.

They're great at self-promotion. They're smart. Tween girls get tingly looking at them. They are the embodiment of "Good is the enemy of great."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT