ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

If Dean Malenko did steroids could he have been as successful as Benoit or Eddie?
I don't think so. Dean is one of the 4-5 most technically proficient pro wrestlers of the last 40 years and I appreciate what he does, but he had zero charisma, and unlike Benoit, he couldn't channel his lack of charisma into in-ring intensity because he isn't a murderer. The crowd reaction to his matches depended 100% on the other guy.

Also, he's like 5'4. At that height, all steroids do is make your voice weird like Rey Mysterio (LEFT KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE).

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
The night of Oct 2 I can see Cody backstage smack his Top 5 guys saying to them THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE BORN FOR. This night, he's do or die and I respect that.

source.gif

They’re characters on a TV show. They’ve never been able to change their appearance with out clearing it with the WWE. Not sure why that would be so surprising.

I highly doubt this haircut and shaved eyebrows was a Glen Jacobs fashion choice.

buttstuff.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Wesley91581
Lol wwe is now able to tell their talent that they can’t dye their own hair. Adolf McMahon must be a blast to work for.
It's been like that for decades. A lot of it has to do with merchandising. Particularly the action figures. You can't have one come out and not look anything like the current character.

Reactions: Col. Angus
yeah reaching to shit on WWE. They do enough to them selves, no need trying to create fake stuff. If AEW does not sell more tickets then that, they will have to use really zoomed in angles and black off a lot of sections. Might need to run a promo, "buy a General Admission ticket and get perferred seating. Move the upper level people down and fill the lower arena, and maybe even spark a increase in sales period.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Can't do that when the event is sold out. AEW isn't losing anything by the DC tickets being priced so low but it does hurt the value of future tickets if scalpers are having a fire sale for the first show.

Can't do that when the event is sold out. AEW isn't losing anything by the DC tickets being priced so low but it does hurt the value of future tickets if scalpers are having a fire sale for the first show.

Yup exactly scalpers will stay away if they lose money like that

Zcat and bcf have really brought it lately keep up the thought provoking posts!

The appearance deal has been for men. The girls have always changed their hair color all the time. The reason I even mentioned it was because Carmella was pissed because they wouldn’t let her dye her hair again.

-Lacey Evans posted a video of her staying character and being a dick to cop that pulled her over in Canada. And of course there were enough people crying over it that she later admitted it was staged. It would have been awesome if it were legit.

-AEW will also be aired on TBS and TruTV as well as TNT.

-Chris Benoit’s son is wanting to wrestle in AEW.

-Kenny Omega’s slow heel turn has been great. His stuff in today’s BTE was gold. He shot back at Dominic Dijakovic who had called him out on Twitter last week for Omega calling NXT developmental talent.

-Lacey Evans posted a video of her staying character and being a dick to cop that pulled her over in Canada. And of course there were enough people crying over it that she later admitted it was staged. It would have been awesome if it were legit.

-AEW will also be aired on TBS and TruTV as well as TNT.

-Chris Benoit’s son is wanting to wrestle in AEW.

-Kenny Omega’s slow heel turn has been great. His stuff in today’s BTE was gold. He shot back at Dominic Dijakovic who had called him out on Twitter last week for Omega calling NXT developmental talent.

Riveting can’t like this enough.

Nothing other than his Okada feud.
Lol and you think I’m biased against wwe.

• Nikkan Sports
    • Match of the Year Award (2016) vs. Tetsuya Naito on August 13[224]
    • Match of the Year Award (2017) vs. Kazuchika Okada on January 4[225]
    • Match of the Year Award (2018) vs. Kazuchika Okada on June 9[226]
    • Best Tag Team Award (2010) with Kota Ibushi[227]
  • NJPW

That’s not listing his all his titles he won nor his feud with Jericho which made Chris relevant again and as big as he’s ever been. Also doesn’t include quite a bit of his stuff pre 2016.

You wanna disqualify his Okada matches but a good chunk of Okada’s accomplishments and “match of the year” awards were with Omega. They’re the two best in the world and it’s the reason their matches are legendary and are looked at as some of the best in history.

You say Okada can have great match with Ellsworth and it’s true, but so could Kenny. You’ll be hard pressed to find a bad or even average match from either.

Lol and you think I’m biased against wwe.

• Nikkan Sports
    • Match of the Year Award (2016) vs. Tetsuya Naito on August 13[224]
    • Match of the Year Award (2017) vs. Kazuchika Okada on January 4[225]
    • Match of the Year Award (2018) vs. Kazuchika Okada on June 9[226]
    • Best Tag Team Award (2010) with Kota Ibushi[227]
  • NJPW

Okay sure that’s a long list but just a couple quick observations...I think at least half that list also includes Okada...

ROH feud of the year? Him and Cody had like 1 maybe 2 matches in ROH that year...there were far better “feuds” in ROH during 2018 - even Briscoes/YB should be considered a better “feud” last year.

Omega is the absolute best...

at telling everyone he's the absolute best.

He's the second most effective storyteller as anyone in the industry...outside of the entire WWE women roster hating each other and holding each other down to where no woman succeeds. NOW THAT'S LIFE TO ART YOU BUNCH OF MARKS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT