ADVERTISEMENT

China Spy Balloon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now the real question is why did they let it get to the continental US.
I can understand not shooting it down over populated areas. There would be fury from everybody if they shot it down and it landed on some school and killed 50 kids.

But why did it get out of Alaska? Why not shoot it down there? Plenty of desolate areas.
Did we let it fly all over the US to reverse engineer it? Anybody believe that? Did we not know it was there? I probably believe that more than the reverse engineering.

Looking forward to some answers.

Should’ve been shot down before but we couldn’t shoot it down over land. The thing was the size of three busses. Had it been shot down and crashed into innocent Americans how would you feel? Since it posed no known immediate threat that was the best course.

Just glad we actually shot it down and didn’t pull a usual “Well it’s no big deal”. This still sends a message. We care about our citizens and don’t fly shit over us.
Not many citizens living off the coast of Alaska. Zero.

I can understand not shooting it down over populated areas. There would be fury from everybody if they shot it down and it landed on some school and killed 50 kids.

But why did it get out of Alaska? Why not shoot it down there? Plenty of desolate areas.
Did we let it fly all over the US to reverse engineer it? Anybody believe that? Did we not know it was there? I probably believe that more than the reverse engineering.

Hell even Montana ! How many people live in that ice box anyway besides there’s nothing there ! I guess if it fell on some buffaloes then PETA would demand reparations 🍺

An nuclear first strike is looking more effective now. For our enemies.

By the time Biden decides to retaliate, all our silos (and the entire country) will be destroyed.

Guess we've still got a few the subs out there if he's still able to give them the late word.

So what's the next thing some of ya'll are going to be furious about now that Balloongate appears to be a bunch of...hot air? Or are we going back to pedophila, twitter freedom, and making fun of trans people? Time will tell. Enjoy your Saturday!

Reactions: ObeasiT and chroix
So what's the next thing some of ya'll are going to be furious about now that Balloongate appears to be a bunch of...hot air? Or are we going back to pedophila, twitter freedom, and making fun of trans people? Time will tell. Enjoy your Saturday!
NDE4Mi5wbmc

eG8xXzQwMC5qcGc

Keep monitoring that hall nightwish. Got to keep those Conservatives in line.

Was it hot air? Do we know what kind of intelligence they gathered?

Reactions: warrior-cat
I’m not right wing much at all. Don’t violate a country’s sovereign airspace. And yes we did it to Russia several times in the 60s/70s before satellite teach was worth a crap. And guess what happened? They shot our stuff down! It’s kind of a mutually agreed thing. You get caught over foreign airspace as a state actor without permission. You go boom.

An nuclear first strike is looking more effective now. For our enemies.

By the time Biden decides to retaliate, all our silos (and the entire country) will be destroyed.

Guess we've still got a few the subs out there if he's still able to give them the late word.
We have more nukes on subs than most countries have nukes in general. Don’t get me wrong I’m half e do but MAD isn’t exactly a great thing for humans.

84 why don’t you go and help out dioness scribe more constitutional entries on the political thread about discrimination and inclusion. Yes, we will continue to make fun of trans freaks and the democrats forever 🍺🇺🇸

I’m not right wing much at all. Don’t violate a country’s sovereign airspace. And yes we did it to Russia several times in the 60s/70s before satellite teach was worth a crap. And guess what happened? They shot our stuff down! It’s kind of a mutually agreed thing. You get caught over foreign airspace as a state actor without permission. You go boom.

RESPECT & FEAR!

Because it’s a violation of pour sovereign air space. That’s why. It’s not about what it’s doing , everyone spies. Hell, even our allies spy and on us as well! It’s about the balls to fly a military aircraft over another country’s airspace, at 50k ft no less.

Yes yes. I know we had the Sr71 that flew over other countries. Again everyone spies. But guess what happened to it? RUSSIA GOT PISSED OFF AND SHOT IT DOWN.

Yep. I get all of that. Just weird how much information people give away and don’t care vs when they choose to get upset.

Also, can you imagine how scary it was bailing from an SR71 much less over Russia in the 80s?

Reactions: warrior-cat

It’s probably a weather balloon so no need to shoot it down. Then this miserably incompetent administration bungled the response in the dumbest possible way.

FTR, it was a U2 that was shot down over Russia. The SR-71 was developed to replace the obsolete U2. The SR-71 was never shot down. It flew higher and faster than any jet aircraft and still holds those records.

Couldn’t find much verification but a hell of a story if true.

Like I said, this goes way DEEPER than Biden

Everything goes deeper than Biden. The only decisions he makes are which child to grope and sniff, his cut of the money laundering, and what flavor ice cream before his nap.

And if his corrupt ass is ever rightfully impeached we’ll be stuck with a cackling bimbo idiot.

Unbelievable. But no mean tweets!!!

Biden had to get approval from China. They waited until they got the information they needed and then gave him the go-ahead to help him save face to his base. They will laud him for his patience in making the right decision.

Reactions: IdaCat
I'm not "worried" about it I'm just citing a fact that there is no international agreement on a country's sovereign airspace, it's a fact that likely played a roll in the Dept of Defense's recommendation that it not be shot down.

I think it's funny how so many fools have spun themselves up into a tizzy over a friggin balloon when China’s intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance-capable (ISR) satellite fleet has more than 260 assets beaming down on us 24/7/365
Optics and and an administration flat out refusing to give us an honest answer about it while the world watches

Reactions: IdaCat
I’m having a blast! Libs getting busted again selling out America while the whole time blaming someone else was..

Pure Gold!!
And therein lies my point. You get off on “X” political party getting owned, it’s basically a sports team for you. Guess what? It’s statistically impossible for one side to always be right.

Go out and find something to do with your life that’s fulfilling and actually makes a difference for yourself or someone else.

I’m not against tribalism by any means but political tribalism is a horrible, horrible bane on our society which just causes social divisions and distrust among the citizenry.

It’s seriously sad that people wrap their whole lives and personas into something they literally have no control over.

Reactions: Popquiz81
And therein lies my point. You get off on “X” political party getting owned, it’s basically a sports team for you. Guess what? It’s statistically impossible for one side to always be right.

Go out and find something to do with your life that’s fulfilling and actually makes a difference for yourself or someone else.

I’m not against tribalism by any means but political tribalism is a horrible, horrible bane on our society which just causes social divisions and distrust among the citizenry.

It’s seriously sad that people wrap their whole lives and personas into something they literally have no control over.
Shut up and get me a beer, bartender. We’ve already got a hall monitor on here pretending to be a moderate. Don’t need another.

This administration deserves every bit of criticism they get and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT