ADVERTISEMENT

Chatter within

WTF has Fred Hoiberg done in his career to warrant being mentioned? He's a guy happy to be near his hometown and be in a league/school where winning some games and pulling some upsets gets them to celebrate his "greatness".
Agree, it’s Oates or Drew, those are the only two that have the success and can recruit well enough. Hurley won’t leave UConn

I just don’t see him going as hard after quantaince and fland if he were leaving
I think he got his second wind, and he couldn’t really stop recruiting if there was any chance he is returning.

I’ve thought for a while this would be his last year, but I honestly don’t know.

I’m ready for him to leave, because I’m tired of the drama. But I don’t hate the guy, and I love my team. So ideally he will put together one more good run before he hits the road.

I can’t see him leaving. But if he were I think Nate Oats is clearly the guy to go after. But considering he’s winning the same conference we’re in every year anyway idk if he’d leave

Winning the sec and doing something that matters in March in ncaa are two different things. He would have better resources here.

Or possibly a younger, up and coming coach with some enthusiasm and fire from a smaller program?!?!?!?!?

Dusty May-Florida Atlantic
Bryce Drew-Grand Canyon
Danny Sprinkle-Utah State

May considered because he has a final four. No thanks on other unknowns.

Some obvious coaches you offer and you have to make them say no

Scott Drew
Dan Hurley
Fred Hoiberg
Billy Donovan
Nate Oats
Pearl
No Pearl, he is 63. No one in their 60's or certainly not in their 70's. I want someone you can expect for 10 years.
Others on your list are 50-58, Donovan at 58 is about the oldest I would go with. Not to mention there always seems to be potentially shady stuff around Pearl at every stop he's been at.

Scott Drew
Dan Hurley
Fred Hoiberg
Billy Donovan
Nate Oats
Pearl
I don't understand the Scott Drew love
U are tired of mediocrity but go hire someone that hasn't done squat outside of one lucky recruiting hall in 2020. Baylor is mediocrity. No the school won't change that. Its 2024 no 18 year old cares about past history

OP last week said his "source" on this was from Tik Tok and people are jumping on it like a pig on stink. LOL!

And there is ZERO chance Barnhart would meet with him in the middle of a 15-6 season, make him feel pressure and kill any chance at finishing strong.

Again, TIK TOK! LOL! 3 stooges stuff.
Never said my source was on TikTok last week, I seen the rumors about Arkansas on X and TikTok….. simple rumors which doesn’t always mean they are true.

This is different as it is coming from someone. It’s quite obvious to see that tensions are at an all time high within the program and the fan base unless you’ve been living under a rock.

OP last week said his "source" on this was from Tik Tok and people are jumping on it like a pig on stink. LOL!

And there is ZERO chance Barnhart would meet with him in the middle of a 15-6 season, make him feel pressure and kill any chance at finishing strong.

Again, TIK TOK! LOL! 3 stooges stuff.
I love the Three Stooges! And color me skeptical as well.

Scott Drew
Dan Hurley
Fred Hoiberg
Billy Donovan
Nate Oats
Pearl
I would love for Hurley to come here. I doubt it happens. Dude is winning titles and kicking ass in the Big East which makes the SEC look like a kindergarten.

Donovan ain’t coming. He’s shot us down twice. He’s somewhat ok in the NBA. He’s not coming.

Drew would probably come. Would also open up recruiting in Texas to counter UTs and Oklahomas influx into the SEC.

Oats would have to prove he’s not a PR nightmare
waiting to happen.

Pearl? Meh. Man has one FF. One.

There’s people that would try and convince Mitch to hire Sean Miller , who I think would do a good job. He was also formally cleared of wrongdoing @ Arizona , and what he supposedly did you could find ways to do legally now, anyway . But , the negative perception on him is out there & Mitch would be hesitant, I’d say

…Except that Cal didn’t build a program from the ground up quite like Drew. UMASS was impressive but he didn’t win a title. I do agree that Drew’s resume is not otherworldly…but I think he could win big here.
Actually, he didn’t win a title because the best team in CBB history played that season and UMass played that team tough

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Actually, he didn’t win a title because the best team in CBB history played that season and UMass played that team tough
Umass beat the ‘96 UK team early in the yr that season , then barely lost in the 1996 final four to them ….both on neutral courts

No Pearl, he is 63. No one in their 60's or certainly not in their 70's. I want someone you can expect for 10 years.
Others on your list are 50-58, Donovan at 58 is about the oldest I would go with. Not to mention there always seems to be potentially shady stuff around Pearl at every stop he's been at.
If Barnhart is still the AD if / when this all goes down he will NOT hire Pearl. Some on here like him but personally I would never want him. He’s a cheater with no morals. MB wouldn’t go there.

full

Cal will not quit. He might opt to take the special assistant position, but I doubt that too. If so who tf would work here and put up with his constant interference?

There is also no way to fire him in the current budget. Mitch spends almost everything he makes. Now if the Crafts etal. were to step up then maybe they could get rid of him and pay another coach. Not even sure Mitch would allow that as it puts him in their debt.

The next question is, do you trust Mitch to make the hire. Take a look at his past history. Billy Clyde and Joker. His asinine contracts. Idk man. His hand was forced to take Cal in the first place or he wouldn't have even made that move.

Old Cal was a good coach. People forget that. You don’t rack up the wins he has had without being good. Cal also beat us that year before that rematch in March during that Great Wight matchup in Michigan.

The issue is that Cal is long gone. Looooong gone. Hasn’t really even seen since 2017.

Never said my source was on TikTok last week, I seen the rumors about Arkansas on X and TikTok….. simple rumors which doesn’t always mean they are true.

This is different as it is coming from someone. It’s quite obvious to see that tensions are at an all time high within the program and the fan base unless you’ve been living under a rock.

Again, ZERO chance Barnhart would force a meeting in the middle of a 15-6 season. NONE. No A.D. would be so ignorant as to put a coach on his heels in the middle of the season and mess with his head so he couldn't do his job. You're throwing out bad info. That's fine if you want to do that, but good grief.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT