ADVERTISEMENT

Cats in the 2019 NBA Draft

funKYcat75

All-American
Apr 10, 2008
Free Mash
Assuming (read: hoping) that all three big ones come back. Who do you think from next year's team will go lottery? I think we have a great shot at landing more than three.

Vanderbilt: I think he's only scratched the surface of becoming an elite defender and rebounder. If he stays and works on his offense, the sky is the limit.

Besides him, who else might be lotto next year?

Agree on Vanderbilt. Washington has a chance if he can improve his handle and jumper. I don't see WG going lotto, but he will make a nice role player that will stick around in the league for a while.

PJ will never be a lotto pick. Undersized 4's don't do that. He could be a late 1st rounder though which is better then being undrafted like he will be this year. EJ , Hagans and KJ will be picked somwhere between 4-20 IMO . I think EJ will be picked the highest somewhere around 5 or 6 as 6'11 guys who have his skills are in big demand . KJ will go between 5-10 and Hagans will be around 12-20 . I also think Vanderbilt if he stays healthy will go between 10-25 . That's about it for the 1st round . Now Richards has 1st round talent as well but IMO he shows enough to be drafted next season but he is more of an early 2nd rounder . IMO Green , Herro and Quick will also test the waters but all 3 come back in the end . I left WG out of this as he I think he stays in the draft and goes overseas to make money.

Reactions: funKYcat75
PJ will never be a lotto pick. Undersized 4's don't do that. He could be a late 1st rounder though which is better then being undrafted like he will be this year. EJ , Hagans and KJ will be picked somwhere between 4-20 IMO . I think EJ will be picked the highest somewhere around 5 or 6 as 6'11 guys who have his skills are in big demand . KJ will go between 5-10 and Hagans will be around 12-20 . I also think Vanderbilt if he stays healthy will go between 10-25 . That's about it for the 1st round . Now Richards has 1st round talent as well but IMO he shows enough to be drafted next season but he is more of an early 2nd rounder . IMO Green , Herro and Quick will also test the waters but all 3 come back in the end . I left WG out of this as he I think he stays in the draft and goes overseas to make money.
I mean, just thinking about this team has me all...
giphy.gif

PJ will never be a lotto pick. Undersized 4's don't do that. He could be a late 1st rounder though which is better then being undrafted like he will be this year
Givony has him going #18 in 2019. That's how weak next year's draft is.

Yeah tough to say, but I would say Vanderbilt could be top pick out of our guys. If he stays healthy, and shows some kind of offense, it's scary. He looked superior to every player on the floor, when he started to get in his groove.

"If" and that's a big if. If Vanderbilt stays healthy, and has the same mental toughness and attitude as Anthony Davis. He'll be like....

giphy.gif

Reactions: funKYcat75
Vanderbilt certainly could.
PJ, I think his ceiling (draft-wise) is late-teens or early-20's. He's too much a PF with SF size. But hey, if he learns how to shoot it like Miles Bridges or Caleb Swanigan, then maybe.
I know JV is only 1" taller than PJ with a worse shot than PJ, but he handles it & passes it much better, and is a way better rebounder. JV could be a Rodman type, or even a Magic / Simmons type tall PG that can look over the DEF but with a limited offensive game.

I really think Richards has the most upside of all of our guys next year. Whether it is next year, or takes 1 more year and is the following year, I think Richards will be a lottery pick, probably top 10.

Unless Johnson shoots it better than most of us think, he is probably a late-1st, but yeah he could be a lottery pick.
Same for Hagans.
Montgomery is possible too, but I think only if we lose 2 of the 3 (this year) between WG, JV & PJW, forcing him to play a lot of minutes.

I really think Richards has the most upside of all of our guys next year. Whether it is next year, or takes 1 more year and is the following year, I think Richards will be a lottery pick, probably top 10.
Yeah, but Justus, Barbee and Cal when Nick gets his second foul against Duke 3 minutes into the game ..

giphy.gif

I'm not sure why so many seem to act like Washington has no NBA potential. He is undersized for a PF, but there have been and are plenty of guys his height who have been successfully in the NBA. Add in the fact that he has a 7'4" wingspan, a 38" vertical, a good first step, is pretty strong for his age, and has decent form on his shot and there should be no reason to think that he can never make it in the NBA (just isn't ready right now).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT