ADVERTISEMENT

Can't believe I fell for the hype ... AGAIN

Runnin'Ramel

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fool me once, shame on you .... fool me twice .... you know the rest.

-Calipari saying he would use Bradshaw with Mitchell at all times in the pre-game told me everything. Get ready, fans, we are reverting back to the half-court offense you thought you had gotten away from this season.

-Edwards being allowed to chuck threes and be HORRENDOUS on defense without getting pulled for Thiero or anyone else is just classic Calipari. Edwards had 5 stars next to his name in HS, and he was a lottery projection, so he's going to showcase the hell out of that kid. When UNC-Wilmington's coach decides to isolate you on defense so his guy can smoke you all game (did you lose track of the number of times he got a quick first step on Edwards on the perimeter, leading to a foul or lay-up, because I did) you should be embarrassed and immediately be taken out of lottery projections. Edwards will get an NBA GM fired. Or, as I suspect, he'll fall to the late 20's and still go pro, never to be heard from again after an initial rookie contract .... say hello to BJ Boston 2.0. At best, he's Alex Poythress 2.0.

-Bradshaw didn't look ready to me. He looked lost, like he didn't know the "plays" (LOL), and slow. That goal-tend was either a product of a HS star not adjusting to the speed of this level, or someone who is coming off 6 months of injured reserve. I sincerely hope he's who HE is supposed to be, instead of what we have with Edwards.

-Wagner is more valuable to this team than anyone here wanted to admit. He's the alpha, and even though he drives us mad shooting 18% or whatever he is from downtown, he can get a bucket when the team needs one, and he would gladly take on the defensive assignment to step up.

-Dillingham looked like an overtime elite guard today, not an NBA level point guard.

-Sheppard needs to keep shooting. He's the team's best option on offense. I'd rather watch Reed Sheppard shoot - even if he misses - a three pointer than Justin Edwards do anything with the ball in his hands at this point.

-18 point underdogs who just lost by 30 points - THIRTY - to Appalachian State and then Eastern Illinois came into Rupp and led the entire game minus 1 minute or two. That's an all systems failure and disgrace.

Bradshaw was +11 today. He was not the problem
Didn't say he was the problem, did I? I didn't. But +/- is also selectively applied. Bradshaw's goaltending wiped out his only bucket. He didn't try for rebounds. He looked lost and slow, and he was. I didn't say he is why UK lost.

The issue is WHAT WE KNEW CAL WOULD DO once he returned. It's coming. You're going to see Mitchell, Bradshaw and Edwards on the floor together and that will result in averaging 70 ppg instead of 90.

Justin Edwards is the biggest issue on this team, other than Calipari's coaching.

Cal can’t ever get out of his own way…. Can’t wait for his retirement party….

Didn't say he was the problem, did I? I didn't. But +/- is also selectively applied. Bradshaw's goaltending wiped out his only bucket. He didn't try for rebounds. He looked lost and slow, and he was. I didn't say he is why UK lost.

The issue is WHAT WE KNEW CAL WOULD DO once he returned. It's coming. You're going to see Mitchell, Bradshaw and Edwards on the floor together and that will result in averaging 70 ppg instead of 90.

Justin Edwards is the biggest issue on this team, other than Calipari's coaching.
Have said all along that Bradshaw was soft and did not like physical play. That is why his posse demand he play forward. Would much rather have Z eligible. At least he looks like he doesn't mind rough play.

Edwards needs to play with an attitude. He plays too soft and has his shot blocked too much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT