ADVERTISEMENT

Cats, Fla, Mizzou and Arkansas for last 2 double byes

HalHR2500

Junior
Jan 28, 2002
If Cats beat Ole Miss and Florida 3 seed in SEC

If Cats beat Ole Miss and lose to Florida and Missouri beats Arkansas Cats are 5 seed, if Arkansas wins at Missouri, Cats are 4 seed if Arkansas beats Auburn and Missouri Hogs are 4 seed

Florida clinched at least a 4 seed tonight regardless what Missouri and Arkansas does

Yep, Mizzou has the tiebreaker on us. We need Arkansas to beat them Saturday.

It reverts to records against top teams Missouri and UK lost to Auburn and Missouri beat TN and UK was swept

What is Mizzou tie braker over us ? We split.

Starts at #1 seed (Auburn or Tenn) either way we lose tie breaker we didn't beat either they beat Tenn.

If only a 2 way tie

Now if it's 3 way tie we get it since we will have beaten anyone who can 3 way tie us

Tonight's Arkansas game determines if we root for Missouri or Arkansas Saturday.

Looks like we root for Missouri

Last edited:
I wouldn’t count on Miss St winning at LSU or Arkansas winning at Missouri

So win Saturday or play Thursday in SEC

If Cats beat Ole Miss and Florida 3 seed in SEC

If Cats beat Ole Miss and lose to Florida and Missouri beats Arkansas Cats are 5 seed, if Arkansas wins at Missouri, Cats are 4 seed if Arkansas beats Auburn and Missouri Hogs are 4 seed

Florida clinched at least a 4 seed tonight regardless what Missouri and Arkansas does

doesn't arky result tonite versus au have an imact?

Florida looked pretty nice in the first half tonight. They will show up Saturday because their season is on the line. Will be a tough one for sure.

..but if we're a 5-seed.. meh. So we have an extra game against the 12/13 and then play the 4. Yes, we want the bye and an easier team, but there are some benefits to playing an extra game first and being loose. I don't love the idea of this Kentucky team being cold after a double-bye..

Reactions: PowerofPelphrey
Yeah it means that if UK loses at Florida

Missouri has to beat Arkansas and Miss State has to beat LSU to get a 4 seed

Yeah it means that if UK loses at Florida

Missouri has to beat Arkansas and Miss State has to beat LSU to get a 4 seed

Good chance that happens.

Mizzou likely wins at home.

Miss. St. needs a win in the worst way. They are on the bubble.

They were rolling pretty good until a great UT team came to town.

They have a good shot at winning at LSU, IMHO.

Florida looked pretty nice in the first half tonight. They will show up Saturday because their season is on the line. Will be a tough one for sure.

..but if we're a 5-seed.. meh. So we have an extra game against the 12/13 and then play the 4. Yes, we want the bye and an easier team, but there are some benefits to playing an extra game first and being loose. I don't love the idea of this Kentucky team being cold after a double-bye..

FL's season isn't on the line. They are a 100% tourney lock after beating AU, and throw in tonight for good measure.

I agree with you on the 5 seed...no easy win in SEC Tourney though. I sure as hell don't want to play Vandy again. We'd win but they would annoy us and put a scare in us...or maybe we have learned since then.

Reactions: SwampMaster
Ha, that's the one I was thinking "But what if we have Vandy first". Still, we beat themt wice playing some truly awful basketball during that time.

Florida is 50 right now. They can't lose to us and opening round or they'll wind up playing the 1-seed for their 2nd game. They need to beat Kentucky for a chance at a BYE and an easy path for a few SECT wins. Their game against us is VERY important.

Well, with Arkansas up 12 over Auburn with 5 minutes left, looks like we have to win out to get the double bye for the SECT.

Well, with Arkansas up 12 over Auburn with 5 minutes left, looks like we have to win out to get the double bye for the SECT.
Can get the double bye if Missouri beats Arkansas.

Kentucky wins 3 or 4 way tie (with or without Miss State)

Missouri lost earlier at Ark

So if Missouri beats Ark Saturday and Cats lose at Florida UK will be 4 seed assuming UK beats Ole Miss

Missouri lost earlier at Ark

So if Missouri beats Ark Saturday and Cats lose at Florida UK will be 4 seed assuming UK beats Ole Miss

Unless Miss. State loses - then you have us and Missouri tied at 10-8 and Missouri would win the tiebreak by my math.

Can get the double bye if Missouri beats Arkansas.

Kentucky wins 3 or 4 way tie (with or without Miss State)

I stand corrected! Thanks for the info.

Hopefully, our players aren't reading this and they come out blazing vs. Ole Miss and UF in "must-win" mentalities.

Unless Miss. State loses - then you have us and Missouri tied at 10-8 and Missouri would win the tiebreak by my math.

No, even if MSU loses, us, Mizzou, and Arkansas will be 10-8, if we lose to UF and Mizzou beats Ark.
Then tiebreaker rules for more than 2 teams apply (best win % round-robin):

Us: 2-1
Mizzou: 2-2
Ark: 1-2

So IF we lose to UF (we won't--knock on wood), we'll all be glued to the Mizzou-Ark game at 6 PM Sat. night.

Ha, that's the one I was thinking "But what if we have Vandy first". Still, we beat themt wice playing some truly awful basketball during that time.

Florida is 50 right now. They can't lose to us and opening round or they'll wind up playing the 1-seed for their 2nd game. They need to beat Kentucky for a chance at a BYE and an easy path for a few SECT wins. Their game against us is VERY important.

I'd feel bad for any 1 seed that has to play Florida in the 2nd round. If they get hot beyond the arc, it will be an early exit.

I don’t think Florida season is on the line any more than UK s season is on the line. Florida normally shows up for UK but you guys get everybody best shot. I used to remember it was that way with Gator Football. Not so much anymore.

Florida is pretty off the mark for RPI.. Doesn't quite lineup with them being a 6 seed.. But there are obviously other factors in play. Still, not much room for error. Florida loses this weekend and early in the tournament, and they are probably playing a 1-seed on that Saturday/Sunday.

I don’t think Florida season is on the line any more than UK s season is on the line. Florida normally shows up for UK but you guys get everybody best shot. I used to remember it was that way with Gator Football. Not so much anymore.
Dan Mullen will have them back don't worry

Florida is pretty off the mark for RPI.. Doesn't quite lineup with them being a 6 seed.. But there are obviously other factors in play. Still, not much room for error. Florida loses this weekend and early in the tournament, and they are probably playing a 1-seed on that Saturday/Sunday.
Last week I was making NIT plans .. I will be happy to get in . We aren’t good enough to be worried about seeds . Think. .... ” Playoffs ? you’re talking playoffs”

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT