ADVERTISEMENT

Model Update post ATM, Cats Hold in Place

Aike

All-American
Mar 18, 2002
Cats stay at 11 with a very slight drop in score following yesterday’s loss.

Here are 11 teams currently rate 2+:

1. Arizona
2. Houston
3. Iowa St
4. Alabama
5. Auburn
6. Purdue
7. Connecticut
8. BYU
9. Tennessee
10. Kansas
11. Kentucky

Duke slips to 12 and a rating of 1.91 following a narrow home win vs. a weak GT team.

Here’s the rest of the SEC:

20. Mississippi St
32. Mississippi
38. Florida
61. LSU
67. ATM
77. Missouri
88. South Carolina
97. Arkansas
102. Georgia
161. Vanderbilt

No one should care. There’s not 10 teams better than us. Any model that says there are is just flawed.

Maybe nerds sitting around a room playing simulated games would agree but no one passes out titles for video games.

No one should care. There’s not 10 teams better than us. Any model that says there are is just flawed.

Maybe nerds sitting around a room playing simulated games would agree but no one passes out titles for video games.
Thanks for the input. I’m sure everyone appreciates you telling them that they shouldn’t care.

Everything is flawed, including your opinion, believe it or not.

You can call me a nerd if it makes you feel good. I really don’t mind. Never was much for video games but I could hold my own on the court.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014

Just out of curiosity what ranking would you have us?

I mean if a ton of different independent things say you are something..............maybe just maybe you are that.

Reactions: Aike
I care @Aike. Love my Cats. But that loss really pissed me off. First, I don’t like getting jacked out of two points that could have won’t the game. Second, our defense has me seriously concerned. Third, our bigs just aren’t as good as I thought they’d be, and I’m not sure they will get close to what I was thinking. Fourth, worries about Adou. Fifth, Edwards.

I’m not really sure if we have enough to win 6 in a row. But I care.

Reactions: Aike
I care @Aike. Love my Cats. But that loss really pissed me off. First, I don’t like getting jacked out of two points that could have won’t the game. Second, our defense has me seriously concerned. Third, our bigs just aren’t as good as I thought they’d be, and I’m not sure they will get close to what I was thinking. Fourth, worries about Adou. Fifth, Edwards.

I’m not really sure if we have enough to win 6 in a row. But I care.
I think you have valid concerns.

I’m less concerned about the bigs than I am with Cal’s tendency to force big lineups. I like our pieces.

I’m also not that worried about Edwards. I think you can live him him being a little less than expected when Reed and Rob have both been better than expected. That said, Edwards really starting to cook could be the difference in a Final Four or not.

The defense concerns me most.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
Too bad it’s a “ Live by the 3, Die by the 3” type scenario this season. Awful hard to shoot in those away arenas. Usually doesn’t end well, especially when so many guys auditioning for the NBA.

Too bad it’s a “ Live by the 3, Die by the 3” type scenario this season. Awful hard to shoot in those away arenas. Usually doesn’t end well, especially when so many guys auditioning for the NBA.
Don’t think we’d run into a dome until the Final Four.

Lot of NBA arenas prior to that, so sight lines should be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT