ADVERTISEMENT

Cats are up to #8 in AP.

Our Cats are learning to handle the road atmosphere really well. 2 home games this week shouldn't be a problem. The Vandy game, to me, will be tougher than the FL game but should win both. The court at Vandy may give us problems but I'm thinking 4-0 next 4 games!

Think about it...Kentucky has played 3 games in Rupp over the last 51 days and yet they sit at #8 with 7 of next 11 games coming at Rupp.

It’s not even Feb. yet and this team is battle tested having played 4 true road games and 3 neutral court games.

Personally I’m stoked...

Our Cats are learning to handle the road atmosphere really well. 2 home games this week shouldn't be a problem. The Vandy game, to me, will be tougher than the FL game but should win both. The court at Vandy may give us problems but I'm thinking 4-0 next 4 games!
Seems like we always struggle with Vandy no matter how good we are or how bad they are.
I don't get it .

I’m cool with that. Nevada is not a top 10 team but it’s w/e. Got to take advantage of these next two big home games and get 2 more high quality wins.
I watched the 2nd half of the Air Force/Nevada game Saturday night and I tried, I mean, I really tried to see what all the hype with Nevada was and I'm just not seeing it. They look slow and average to me.
I almost spit my Very Old Barton on the floor when I heard the analyst, that was doing the game, say that Nevada is at least an Elite 8 team and probably Final Four good.
WTH are these people watching?

Updated NCAA net rankings along with Quad 1-4 results:

UK needs to beef up their Quad 1 wins to get into the 2/3 seed range possibility.
  • Quadrant 1: Home 1-30; Neutral 1-50; Away 1-75 (UK 3-2)
  • Quadrant 2: Home 31-75; Neutral 51-100; Away 76-135 (UK 2-1)
  • Quadrant 3: Home 76-160; Neutral 101-200; Away 136-240 (UK 5-0)
  • Quadrant 4: Home 161-plus; Neutral 201-plus; Away 241-plus (UK 4-0)
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...a-tournament-team-sheet-after-the-auburn-win/

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow

UK needs to beef up their Quad 1 wins to get into the 2/3 seed range possibility.
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...a-tournament-team-sheet-after-the-auburn-win/

LOL. UK controls their own destiny for a #1 seed. Just have to win.

I watched the 2nd half of the Air Force/Nevada game Saturday night and I tried, I mean, I really tried to see what all the hype with Nevada was and I'm just not seeing it. They look slow and average to me.
I almost spit my Very Old Barton on the floor when I heard the analyst, that was doing the game, say that Nevada is at least an Elite 8 team and probably Final Four good.
I watched that game as well. They struggled with a terrible Air Force team at home for 30 minutes of play and got blown out by New Mexico

Reactions: kyjeff1
I thought we’d be 9th so am pleased. As already noted 10 spots in 2 weeks. It’s amazing how conference play and true road games changes the landscape.

Lots of interesting things in that poll. UT #1, UL at #23, and LSU 25th. Still an 0-for by the PAC, Murray St with votes, and IU gone.

The PAC12 seems to be on the verge of being not much better than a mid major conference . They have been about the worst football conference lately (ACC was actually worse but still had the college football champion). Basketball is even worse than football. The only real quality teams they have had the last 2 years were Arizona and they have the cloud over them with the Adidas scandal and UCLA who went downhill after a year with the Ball family. So much for the conference of champions.
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

If the season ended today, we would probably be a three. We play a bunch more quad 1 games. Obviously we need to win our share to stay in the 2/3 range. But we aren’t on the outside looking in. We are already there.

Give me a 2 seed in Michigan or Virginia's bracket. Oh and throw Nevada in as our three and Florida State as our 4.
Everyone seems to think Nevada and FSU are something special. I'll agree with them if that's what gets them into our bracket so we can make mince meat out of them.

Good chance we go 5-0 next 5 games, be 19-3 and very likely top 4. Two ranked teams at home, then 2 very winnable games at Vandy and at UF, then home against SC. Even 4-1 would be ok.

I like my team.

Also a chance they could go 2-3. Two very tough home games including Kansas a team Kentucky has lost 3 straight against. I see nothing easy about either road game both of those are going to be very tough and hard games to win. South Carolina also playing well.

Every single game could be a win or a loss.

Good chance we go 5-0 next 5 games, be 19-3 and very likely top 4. Two ranked teams at home, then 2 very winnable games at Vandy and at UF, then home against SC. Even 4-1 would be ok.

I like my team.
I would say there's probably a greater chance that we will lose at least one game in the next five games than going undefeated... statistically speaking.

Because they return their whole team from last season and I think they added two good players. Don’t let the close conference games fool you (every team plays close conference games no matter how bad the other team is). They have a good vet team that will be prepared for the dance. Hard to know just how good they are and hard to compare them to UK other than one common opponent. UK beat Utah at Rupp by 17 and Nevada best Utah in Utah by 16. Hopefully they are in the same tournament bracket though since some aren’t convinced they are good

Because they return their whole team from last season and I think they added two good players. Don’t let the close conference games fool you (every team plays close conference games no matter how bad the other team is). They have a good vet team that will be prepared for the dance. Hard to know just how good they are and hard to compare them to UK other than one common opponent. UK beat Utah at Rupp by 17 and Nevada best Utah in Utah by 16. Hopefully they are in the same tournament bracket though since some aren’t convinced they are good

We beat Utah by 27.

We have several quality opponents left on the schedule. We can still move up.

Just need to keep from dropping a couple to teams we should beat in conference.

Also a chance they could go 2-3. Two very tough home games including Kansas a team Kentucky has lost 3 straight against. I see nothing easy about either road game both of those are going to be very tough and hard games to win. South Carolina also playing well.

Every single game could be a win or a loss.

Ummm. I would go ahead and throw KU in the “W” column. I said the same on another thread, but after this weekend, watching both teams, I am even more convinced.

I love my Hawks and hope for the best, but you are just better than us right now. And the way it’s trending (you improving, us regressing) it could get ugly.

I hate you. I hate you all.

Respect.

Ummm. I would go ahead and throw KU in the “W” column. I said the same on another thread, but after this weekend, watching both teams, I am even more convinced.

I love my Hawks and hope for the best, but you are just better than us right now. And the way it’s trending (you improving, us regressing) it could get ugly.

I hate you. I hate you all.

Respect.

It would be a bad loss for us and a big win for you guys. Honestly a little more worried about MSU tomorrow night. We should be sky high for you guys.

Back in the top 10 with freshman that continue to improve? No way Cal knows what hes doing. Cancel the season. Havent won every game by 50.

I'm using my eyes to judge Nevada. They are a veteran team, but they look slow to me. I think we would be better than them at all 5 spots on the floor, especially by March .
Also, I'm sure others have caught your error by now, but we beat Utah by 27, not 17.

Kansas is 6-3 without fat boy. No way they should be sniffing the top 10. Tennessee would have won by 10 in a fair game.

It’s criminal KSU is not ranked especially beating 2 ranked teams on the road in the last 2 weeks. Winning at ISU while possessing the same record proves that the rankings are filled out by halfwits or monkeys.

I can't believe KU only dropped 2 spots after losing at 0-5 West Virginia. We dropped 6 spots when we lost @Alabama.
I mean, they're still in the damn top 10.

Reactions: howercat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT