ADVERTISEMENT

Cats up to #6 in AP poll

Worse than I thought. 😐
There wasn’t a major change in Kentucky’s ranking with the release of the latest Associated Press Top 25 college basketball poll Monday afternoon, but the Wildcats’ national standing heading into 2024 is certainly something new. For the first time in seven years, UK is ranked in the top 10 in the first poll of the new year.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article283665648.html#storylink=cpy

Worse than I thought. 😐
There wasn’t a major change in Kentucky’s ranking with the release of the latest Associated Press Top 25 college basketball poll Monday afternoon, but the Wildcats’ national standing heading into 2024 is certainly something new. For the first time in seven years, UK is ranked in the top 10 in the first poll of the new year.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article283665648.html#storylink=cpy
First time in 7 years. Way to go Cal. Cal needs to make it happen this year. Been on suck way too long.

Somebody tell me how TN. is 5 when the only top 20 victory they have is Illinois.
Somebody tell me how TN. is 5 when the only top 20 victory they have is Illinois.
I agree they’re over ranked a few spots … but them being top 5 is best thing for UK.

The higher opponents are ranked the better for us. But, I agree they’re getting a lot of credit for losing to 3 good teams.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I agree they’re over ranked a few spots … but them being top 5 is best thing for UK.

The higher opponents are ranked the better for us. But, I agree they’re getting a lot of credit for losing to 3 good teams.
Your probably spot on beating them if they are ranked ahead of us is probably better for us. I know I will hate to play them in Knoxville because they play thug ball. If they get the favorable homecourt whistle it will be a tough game for us.

Reactions: westerncat
SEC play could be brutal for all involved. Im expecting most teams to have some losses.

It’s fun climbing up the polls for a change. The pattern for far too many recent years has been the opposite, we start out top 5, but then fall downward.

It’s not often that a UK team can claim to have been underrated. But appears that is what happened this year.

Tennessee being #5 and Kentucky #6 is great for the conference as a whole. Pretty much assures both will be top 10 all season without major losses. Agree Tennessee bigs play thug ball but their guards went to the same acting school as Duke’s. Actually hate that much worse than rough non cheap shot play.

Tennessee being #5 and Kentucky #6 is great for the conference as a whole. Pretty much assures both will be top 10 all season without major losses. Agree Tennessee bigs play thug ball but their guards went to the same acting school as Duke’s. Actually hate that much worse than rough non cheap shot play.
With Kentucky winning 3 of the last 4 in Knoxville, it's time for the Cats to sweep their asses this year!

This is a top 10 team this year. They should be there in the 2nd weekend or I dont know good basketball teams anymore.
A strong team in my eyes that crushes 1st and 2nd round teams like bugs. It looks like a team that would make it to the final eight before they caught a good game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT