ADVERTISEMENT

AP drops Kentucky 4 places

Wisconsin has a bunch of losable games coming up. IDK how many they have to lose to stop getting the love the media gives them. But I would expect multiple losses over the next month. They could lose both games this week.

Duke will lose to UNC.

Marquette has a tough schedule remaining: UCONN twice. They're @ Villanova this week. Nova isn't great, but it's a very possible upset. The ESPN model has Nova winning at home.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
Honestly we don’t look like a top 10 team to me. We’re only the 3rd or 4th best in the SEC.
As of now I think it’s TN, South Car, Bama, and a toss up between Auburn and KY for 4th place.

Duke doesn’t look top 10 either.

• Haha
Reactions: Cal-4-Three
AP voters when they finally have to rank Kentucky above Tennessee next Monday
giphy.webp

Exactly what I expected, and about where we’re at. “Top 10 team, but barely” is a pretty fair description of this team. Win a couple tough home games this week and they’re probably back around #7.

Just win and the rest takes care of itself.

I'm not too worried about Duke.

I think they lose 2 in a row this week (@ Va Tech, @ UNC).

Then, they have a stretch 2 weeks later where they play 3 in a row on the road (@ Florida State, @ Miami, @ Wake Forest) where they probably lose 2 of those.

Then home again against UNC.

Think Duke loses at least 5 more games IMO.

Reactions: TFCats11
We are one game out of first place in the SEC
So is South Carolina and Auburn. USC already beat us and we have Auburn once on the road. TN and Bama only one loss apiece.
i said as of right now and watching all the teams play. Unless we get considerably better especially on defense we are the 3rd or 4th best team in the league.

Duke was a personal foul with one second left on the clock from getting beat this weekend. Guarantee you if Kentucky won like that, it would be held against them.
Duke did win.

We got boat raced off the court in South Carolina.

Not sure we have any room to make complaints. I’ve seen UK play like a top 25 team for about 2 out of 6 halves over the last 3 games.

Duke did win.

We got boat raced off the court in South Carolina.

Not sure we have any room to make complaints. I’ve seen UK play like a top 25 team for about 2 out of 6 halves over the last 3 games.
100% agree, Kentucky is right where they deserve to be unfortunately. Just making the point that only Duke can win in that fashion and move up five spots.

Honestly we don’t look like a top 10 team to me. We’re only the 3rd or 4th best in the SEC.
As of now I think it’s TN, South Car, Bama, and a toss up between Auburn and KY for 4th place.

Duke doesn’t look top 10 either.
I think we're better than Auburn and Alabama. We'll find out about UT this Saturday. We already know about USC, but the jury is still out as to whether they keep up that crazy defense, or the refs catch on to their hack-and-grab, can't-call-them-all trickery.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I thought wed drop anywhere from 8-12, so 10 is right in the middle. I’m not too upset with the other teams passing us, we did it ourselves with the performance at SC. Pretty surprised they didn’t crack the top 25, though.

Reactions: storm1507
And South Carolina still isn't in the top 25. They're first in others receiving votes at #26 but they should be around 20 or so.

I'll say the same thing I told my son when he was irritated by this drop. These AP voters all have biases toward and against particular teams. They love to punish UK anytime they think they could. Duke loses at home to a crappy Pitt team and they pretty much stay put. UK loses on the road to a 3-loss SC team in front of a sold out crowd and they suddenly suck. On the other end, South Carolina struggles to get respect because they're in the SEC (which many of these writers hate for various reasons) they're not a big name, and they're not coached by a big name. So, they have to be 10 spots better than the next team just to get attention from some of these writers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT