ADVERTISEMENT

AP UK now #8

Fair spot but I’m pissed about a lot right now. UK punished worse than other teams such as Houston and UT ( they looked like warmed up trash against Miss State). The NCAA continues to bend us over with Big Z and our administration apparently isn’t fighting hard enough for an answer. And the bogus goal tend that may have cost us the game. This crap is snowballing at the moment.

I don’t understand TN but UNC has improved since playing us and we have stayed the same.
If that game was played today we would lose.

Hopefully we start improving soon especially defensively and rebounding.
Get a clue brother, our guards would run them ragged again, if not more so. They didn’t improve, they started ACC league play. If we played that slate of games we’d look “improved” too. For the love of everything real, please learn relativity and basketball.

• Love
Reactions: track42
I don’t understand TN but UNC has improved since playing us and we have stayed the same.

And then #9 OU loses to a top 5 Kansas, at Kansas, but drops 7 spots. Meanwhile, in typical AP fashion, Puke wins at home over a bland GTech team and skyrockets 5 spots.

Just need to improve our defense and rebounding by at least 50% and I think our shooting will carry us through. Not every team is going to do what A&M did - they just got hot. Yes, we have defensive woes, but if they were that bad, we'd have more losses. It was just an A&M team that will not shoot like that again the rest of the year that showed up Saturday.

Reactions: BigKari

How ya figure that? That UNC has got better, proof? That Kentucky hasn’t, proof?

Same record, far bettwe efficiency metrics. KenPom says they’d beat us by 4 on a neutral court so it makes some sense to me.
Meh. They went from being ranked 22 to 7 in about 5 weeks and really only beat one quality team in Baylor. The acc is pretty damn weak this year, but it won’t impact them or unc when it comes to rankings or seeding.

And then #9 OU loses to a top 5 Kansas, at Kansas, but drops 7 spots. Meanwhile, in typical AP fashion, Puke wins at home over a bland GTech team and skyrockets 5 spots.

Just need to improve our defense and rebounding by at least 50% and I think our shooting will carry us through. Not every team is going to do what A&M did - they just got hot. Yes, we have defensive woes, but if they were that bad, we'd have more losses. It was just an A&M team that will not shoot like that again the rest of the year that showed up Saturday.
Oklahoma did lose twice last week, though. They also lost to TCU.

If we hadn’t laid an egg against UNCW @ Rupp, we’d probably be around #4 and still in good position for a 1 seed to this point.
In a vacuum, yes. However, it's just as likely that if we beat UNCW we would have dropped a different game instead. We'll never know.

Someone in another thread remarked about how you never post a single positive thing and now I understand what they're talking about. You must be a real fun person to be around.

Reactions: Graham51
The AP just cannot stand to keep Duke down for long. They trickle down with losses and sky rocket with so so wins. Pretty funny Kansas stayed the same but I knew they would. I had the top 4 correct in how I figured they would go. Figured Houston would drop lower than they did however. At this rate I think KY could go to TN and win by 20 and still be behind TN in the polls.

ESPN crew loving Kentucky right now. So much for the conspiracy that they only love Duke!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
8 feels right to me. We’ve got lots of room to improve but need to actually improve to deserve better in my book.

Reactions: bbncal02
I feel like 2 spots is alot when Kansas doesn't move any and Tennessee only drops 1 spot. Still, it's pretty shocking we didn't plummet out of the top 10 after a close overtime defeat on the road
Should know by now we are not one of the chosen ones. Uncheat, Puke and a few others will always get the benefit of the doubt.

Well it was already played...... We won

Reactions: track42

I still remember Duke rising 6 spots in the poll after a close lose to Syracuse in 2014. It's disgusting how much the benefit of the doubt they receive annually.

Reactions: TheDude73
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT