ADVERTISEMENT

The silver lining is that we get to nitpick the AP polls again...

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Congrats to you guys who downplay NET, AP polls, seed lines, etc. after a loss, only to emphasize them again after a big win.

It will be awesome watching some of you create threads dedicated to psychoanalyzing our AP ranking after the next few wins in a row, only to minimize it once we lose again.

Seeds matter, until they don't, and then they magically matter again. And the cool thing is this: if the wheels fall off before the tournament, we can always point to 2011 and 2014 as the rule and not the exception in order to give ourselves hope.

Congrats to you guys who downplay NET, AP polls, seed lines, etc. after a loss, only to emphasize them again after a big win.

It will be awesome watching some of you create threads dedicated to psychoanalyzing our AP ranking after the next few wins in a row, only to minimize it once we lose again.

Seeds matter, until they don't, and then they magically matter again. And the cool thing is this: if the wheels fall off before the tournament, we can always point to 2011 and 2014 as the rule and not the exception in order to give ourselves hope.
Dude why are you in dick mode and just starting baiting threads. All 6 top teams loss to teams they should have beaten.

Dude why are you in dick mode and just starting baiting threads. All 6 top teams loss to teams they should have beaten.
The others took care of business today though. Purdue crushed its opponent. EweTee came back from 11 down to win

We are not T15. Today proved that.

Our out of conference SOS was #189 (Still have Gonzaga to play).

That might come back to bite us too.

The others took care of business today though. Purdue crushed its opponent. EweTee came back from 11 down to win

Kentucky took care of business earlier in the week when those teams were losing. Guess no team is T15

The UNC Wilmington loss alone will cost us a seed line. Feel like a 1 seed is already out of reach. A 3 seed feels about right for this group but a 4 or 5 seed wouldn’t shock me. At some point you have to guard someone and I no longer feel this team is capable of even playing adequate defense.
3 losses and a 1 seed is out of reach 😂.

S

So neither is Houston or Arizona who just loss… for the second time this week.

Did any of those other teams lose to UNC Wilmington and have a sub 50 defensive efficiency? Seeds matter and with our defense and our quad 3 loss, the outlook for our seed line and tournament success is not the best.
2 of them just loss again.

2 of them just loss again.
What is your point? Our quad 3 loss and sub 50 defensive efficiency are still dragging us down. So what if Houston and Arizona (which both have excellent metrics) took quad 1 road losses tonight. Their OUTLOOK is much better than ours because they don’t lose to terrible teams at home and actually have both good defenses and offenses. The odds of them making it further in the tournament are higher than ours because they can play well on both sides of the floor. We have to improve our defense rapidly if we want to make a splash in March.

The UNC Wilmington loss alone will cost us a seed line. Feel like a 1 seed is already out of reach. A 3 seed feels about right for this group but a 4 or 5 seed wouldn’t shock me. At some point you have to guard someone and I no longer feel this team is capable of even playing adequate defense.
Seeing how conference play started for top teams a 1 seed is absolutely not out of reach. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a 1 seed with 7 losses, which has happened plenty of times before.

It's merely an observation - and an accurate one - about this message board.

We move the goal posts to accommodate narratives that maximize optimism or pessimism, depending on someone's personal disposition.

Personally, the one that I find the most loathsome is the one that features an argument that polls/seeds matter, until UK underachieves; and then suddenly the same yahoos are referring to the 2011 or 2014 Final Four runs as some sort of magical baseline of output that we can expect for March.

Last edited:
Seeing how conference play started for top teams a 1 seed is absolutely not out of reach. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a 1 seed with 7 losses, which has happened plenty of times before.
If a team with 7 losses gets a 1 seed it will come from the Big 12 or big 10, not the SEC. If we want a 1 seed we can maybe afford 2 more losses before the SEC tourney final.

There is so much basketball to be played, we don’t even need to talk about this until late February at best.

La di dah. I don’t give a crap about them.

I CARE ABOUT KENTUCKY
Well no shit we all do. But when you stupid enough to say not to 15 tjen I tried to give it some perspective but if you want to be a whiny bitch by all means go ahead. Its just a shame because you were one of the best posters on here

Well no shit we all do. But when you stupid enough to say not to 15 tjen I tried to give it some perspective but if you want to be a whiny bitch by all means go ahead. It’s just a shame because you were one of the best posters on here.

Seriously gonna name call? That’s weak as hell dude. Take your fifth grade stuff elsewhere.

I don’t care if the entire T10 loses. I want us to win. That’s the only thing that matters. No one else. We measure us by us. Period. That’s what champions do. I’m not delusional. I understand we will lose some.

That being said,
I have SERIOUS concerns about the defense. We all should. We aren’t going to be able to score at will at all times (see OT today). We have to stop letting teams score in the 70s and 80s on us. It finally bit us in the ass today.

Seriously gonna name call? That’s weak as hell dude. Take your fifth grade stuff elsewhere.

I don’t care if the entire T10 loses. I want us to win. That’s the only thing that matters. No one else. We measure us by us. Period. That’s what champions do. I’m not delusional. I understand we will lose some.

That being said,
I have SERIOUS concerns about the defense. We all should. We aren’t going to be able to score at will at all times (see OT today). We have to stop letting teams score in the 70s and 80s on us. It finally bit us in the ass today.
Whatever.
Our defense is not T15. That’s really not debatable.

Great response. And I’m the bad poster.

You really think we have a Top 15 defense? Because by the metrics we don’t.
No I never said we have a Top 15 defense. In your post you simply said we are not top 15. I saw no reference to defence. Agreed shouldnt have called you a name but that came after your condescending La de da crap. You think you are the only one pissed off about a loss?!

You think we’re going 17-1, 16-2, or 15-3 in the SEC? I sure don’t. 14-4 would be 6 losses minimum, plus a potential 7th in the SEC Tournament. That doesn’t feel like a 1 seed resume to me.
We're going 13-5 or 12-6 in the SEC due to our insufferable defense.

SEC is too loaded this year. We're losing @Auburn, @Mississippi State, @UT, and will find a way to choke at least one or two more. SEC tourney is no given.

We could have 8 or 9 losses on selection Sunday. The appeal of this UK team is diminishing with every game where they allow more than 80 points to be scored.

• Sad
Reactions: RunninRichie
You think we’re going 17-1, 16-2, or 15-3 in the SEC? I sure don’t. 14-4 would be 6 losses minimum, plus a potential 7th in the SEC Tournament. That doesn’t feel like a 1 seed resume to me.
I have no clue what the rest of the year will hold nor what our record will be. At this moment in time however we have 3 losses and that’s it. Kansas was a 1 seed just last year with a 27-7 record. Every team has losses and if early conference play is any indicator at all doesn’t appear anyone is just going to waltz through their conference with a single loss or two. Likely have multiple #1 seeds with 6-7 losses this year. I’m just going to enjoy the season, despite the loss yesterday it was an entertaining game to watch and took two Herculean efforts from their guards to stage us off in the end. An unforced error blew our chance to win in regulation.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT