ADVERTISEMENT

AP drops Kentucky 4 places

Win the games you’re supposed to and it will fix itself. From this point forward, every game means a rise or drop in our seed which is more important than the ridiculous AP Poll.

AP voters when they finally have to rank Kentucky above Tennessee next Monday
giphy.webp
Let’s hope so.

Screw the polls.

Let's win, get a mean streak, get that killer instinct here on out, and do what we know we can do. We can be great. I want the guys to believe in that. Because I do. I have for nearly 50 years.

I still feel, deep down inside, that we will win every single game every time we step on the court. I'll be damned if I let anything or anyone make me lose my faith in Kentucky.

So screw anyone that doubts Kentucky. And if you catch me being a negative Nancy, then call my ass out. I have been in the past, sure . But let's come together and get this thing done. We got a team here that can be very, very special. I believe in them, in this team.

So let's do it. Let's prove it to the world, because those that doubt us will always be hating us.

That's how it is, its always been that way.

Beat the other teams' players, beat their coaches, beat their fans, beat the officials, beat the announcers whose thinly veiled comments show they hate on Kentucky, too.

Beat them all

GO BIG BLUE

Lunardi dropped a new Bracketology today. The last Update was Saturday before most of the games.

As of Saturday, we were the 13th overall seed. After a tough road win, we moved down 1 spot to 14.

Alabama beat LSU at home and jumped 4 spots (15 to 11).

Iowa State jumped from 18 to 12 after beating Kansas. It's a great win. Didn't realize a great win meant you jumped 6 spots. We should be as high as #8 if we beat UT on Saturday.

Illinois beat a 12-8 Indiana team at home. They jumped us, going from 14 to 13.

Some if it really doesn't make any sense. I know Lunardi's not the end all be all. But he's the most public bracketologist, and therefore the easiest to dissect.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
Good.

I want to be better but I have zero interest in trying to get there by pretending we’re already there. We want to be top 3? Go out and get top 3 results.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
Wisconsin moves up 7 spots for beating Minnesota and Mich. State, both unranked. And Duke rewarded for beating Louisville and stealing one from Clemson. Disgusting.
Duke is 3-1 in their last 4 and have looked bad in all of them. They should have been beaten by Clemson if the refs hadn't handed it to them and struggled to beat U of L last week but that deserves a 5 spot bump. It looks like even with Coach K gone he is still influencing the refs and poll voters.

Maybe, but unfortunately nobody will care besides a few disgruntled UK that take it more seriously than everyone else in the country, including yours truly.
I saw several media members talking about it including Seth Greenberg. Even Jay Williams said the ref shouldn't have called what he did because the contact was initiated by the Duke player.

Lunardi dropped a new Bracketology today. The last Update was Saturday before most of the games.

As of Saturday, we were the 13th overall seed. After a tough road win, we moved down 1 spot to 14.

Alabama beat LSU at home and jumped 4 spots (15 to 11).

Iowa State jumped from 18 to 12 after beating Kansas. It's a great win. Didn't realize a great win meant you jumped 6 spots. We should be as high as #8 if we beat UT on Saturday.

Illinois beat a 12-8 Indiana team at home. They jumped us, going from 14 to 13.

Some if it really doesn't make any sense. I know Lunardi's not the end all be all. But he's the most public bracketologist, and therefore the easiest to dissect.

I get it with Alabama and Iowa State, I think he's just matching what the NET is showing. Both teams are high on the metrics stuff, and are now winning to back up the weak resume (Bama beat Auburn and ISU beat KU)

I get it with Alabama and Iowa State, I think he's just matching what the NET is showing. Both teams are high on the metrics stuff, and are now winning to back up the weak resume (Bama beat Auburn and ISU beat KU)
I get it moreso with Iowa State. They've had a huge January. 4 wins vs ranked opponents. Their NET ranking has probably improved a ton. I can buy that.

Bama's NET has been good the whole time. As of Saturday, Lunardi had us ahead of Bama. So at that point, the Auburn win and the SC loss should be accounted for.

FWIW: Bracket Matrix's latest update was last night. They have us as the last 3 seed. They have Bama 1 spot behind us, and Iowa State as the last 4 seed.

The NCAA will give us the top 16 seeds on the 17th. That's the morning of the Auburn game. Assuming we hold home court and beat Vandy on the road, I think we're in consideration for a 2 seed at that point. I think multiple teams in front of us will have losses between now and then.

Not sure how much the Quad system matters this year since everyone is beating everyone. Duke doesn’t pass the eye test to me. They’re not terrible, but they feel like a 4/5 seed if you just watch them play. Have some really questionable losses. Who do you trust game to game outside Filipowski and maybe Proctor?

What’s really crazy is there is only 3 teams currently in P5 conferences that have 5 losses or less that aren’t ranked in the top 25 after last Sundays games. Northwestern at 15-5 and South Carolina 17-3 (now 18-3) and Ole Miss 17-3 (now 18-3). The love given to the big 12 is insane. 8 teams in the top 25 and only Kansas and Baylor have a top 100 out of conference SOS at 41 and 87. Every other team is way down the list ranging from 171-333. 6 big 12 teams (4 of them in top 25) rank 291-333 for out of conference SOS. Graphic they showed at halftime of Kansas game last night.

How do a bunch of Directional State schools have voters for this poll but Kentucky doesn't? All our SEC and ACC rivals have voters too, so why not UK? Serious question.

I don't get the big jump from Wisconsin. In the last 4 games they lost to a 9-11 Penn St team and have wins over IU (13-8), Minnestota (13-7) and Mich St (13-8). I mean has anyone been watching the Big 10's failures as a league for the past...oh I don't know.... 20 years?

I don't get the big jump from Wisconsin. In the last 4 games they lost to a 9-11 Penn St team and have wins over IU (13-8), Minnestota (13-7) and Mich St (13-8). I mean has anyone been watching the Big 10's failures as a league for the past...oh I don't know.... 20 years?
Not so much UK's drop, it's Wisky and dook's tremendous jump that's assinine

Reactions: Creed Bratton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT