ADVERTISEMENT

Can We all Agree that the Calipari Era at UK is over?

Yes. It’s over. We’re in the Vince/Linda McMahon, Joanne/Rick Pitino stage of marriage. Still married in name but the love is gone.

I have lost confidence in Cal’s ability to turn the program around. Decline began in 2018 and accelerated after COVID. This team gave me great hope, but even they lost at home to UNCW. Should’ve known. Fooled again. Now it’s February and we can’t hold anyone under 90 and look worse than we did on game 1.

If we fizzle out early this March or fail to make the f’n tournament with all this talent, I don’t see how it doesn’t get so ugly it makes the end of the Tubby era look like a mild disagreement.

The real question is how long does he stay? They ain’t firing him. I can take losing on the road with young teams.

Losing at home consecutively is unacceptable. Cal was undefeated at home his first 3 years here. Now, anyone is capable of it.

Sorry for the rant. I went to the game tonight and just got home after an almost three hour drive, spent a lot of money to sit in the uppers and got to see us get dominated by a bitter rival from start to finish. Got so pissed I left when they went up 16. Should’ve stayed at home.

9 years without a final four ran tubby out of town. Cal is on that magical number.
Tubby ONLY had one Final Four and that was his first year. Cal has had 6 thus far. I think we will see another run like 2014. This team has more raw talent than that team had. We also have more size.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Tubby ONLY had one Final Four and that was his first year. Cal has had 6 thus far. I think we will see another run like 2014. This team has more raw talent than that team had. We also have more size.
LMAOOOOOO. What a god awful take. Cal has 4. 2 were vacated. Who on this team is as good as the harrisons, James Young and Julius? Dillingham?

Reactions: TriCountyCat
Personally, I've found a way to turn this into a winning proposition....

I've been making modestly decent money betting lately. I doubled down on the vols game. Even had a few "sucker" uk fans that are sunshine pump fanatics they took the bet and I REALLY went out on a limb. Actually had balla enough to bet both over 200 each on the game.

Nailed it!

I just hope I didn't burn them so bad I can't go back to that wellspring!

I'm very sad uk lost. But ecstatic I won this big.

Gotta find a silver lining somewhere!

Thankfully betting in Kentucky is now legal.

Never thought I'd say that!

Go big blue.......

????

Earth to Calipari: You need a S&C program. Your team is incredibly weak physically.

Your defensive scheme of "Let'em shoot, maybe they'll miss" isn't working.

• Love
Reactions: mattrudd
Can these guys agree?

WayneDougan
kybassfan
HerrosHeroes
Kl40504
Ed3232
Sejonesy
83cat
Jload22 (now BlueCephus)
BBNinSC
Fitches4
FoolishUlis3
sk73
StormCruzzer
bevcat
2Adulterers
seakat311
UKat51
SpamburgerHamburger
Rockfly78
1Catmantoo
Cardsstink
Dubya C Dubya
BallerCal
Blue Tsunami
MdWildcats55
TampaCat_54
I wonder if these are all the same person?
And if not, how many are related to Cal?

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Shakinh-Head-yes.gif

There is zero hope that anything is ever going to get better as long as Cal remains. He just isn't capable of getting the job done anymore. That is painfully apparent. It is time to bring this disaster to an end. There simply is no way UK can go into next season with Cal still on the sidelines. He's gotta go. And don't believe the tripe from the Cal nut huggers that say we as fans have no say in the outcome. We have plenty of say.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT