ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari is frustrated with the fan base .

He’s been off the rails this year. Cal has coached and acted like a guy who thought this season either wouldn’t happen or would eventually be canceled due to covid. He seems so unprepared handling this team and dealing with the media.

I think some would be willing to give somewhat of a pass due to how weird this year has been, but then he goes out and says goofy stuff and throws little jabs at BBN. But as long as he is having fun!
You make a damn good point here. One that I haven’t thought of or seen posted. Seems like a very plausible scenario.

Kinda odd, though, how Cal was openly lobbying for the NCAA to have a college basketball season because he had a “really good team”. He, himself, increased the expectations for the fanbase by saying all this during the off-season. It’s only logical that would be the end result.

He’s usually not that upbeat and positive about his teams that early. We thought we were getting a juggernaut and ended up getting a damn dud.

Well, I can tell you this. All of my friends are diehard UK fans. They hate this season but they have never talked about getting rid of Cal. So, there you go. The only place I hear ,Fire Cal, is on this board.
I have a ton of UK friends in louisville and that is all we talk about is how do we get rid of him and who will replace him. It isn’t just this board believe you me.

Kyle Tucker writes for “ The Athletic” and says Cal is “frustrated with the fan base “ ! Don’t think I’m allowed to provide the link here . I LMAO at that statement.
I’m very frustrated with him. After a miserable losing season just wait, he’ll be bragging about anyone who actually gets drafted, and contracts the others sign.

Cal is really struggling with the results of this season. In the past he could rely on his talented players to EVENTUALLY turn it around and play up to their potential by the end of the season, while winning enough games along the way to make the NCAA Tournament. Not this season, the talent just isn't there.

So he has to ACTUALLY ADMIT that his way of doing things has resulted in FAILURE. That is EXTREMELY difficult for a coach that has made his living off of proving the naysayers wrong. When the "Basketball Benny's" are PROVEN right, Cal then has to ACKNOWLEDGE his OWN shortcomings. That's not easy for an ego driven dude like him.

What puzzles me during this whole situation is the fact that throughout Cal's career he has been ahead of the curve on reading the future path of the game and ADJUSTED his approach to that. That's why he became THE ONE-AND-DONE coach, to gain an advantage and it worked for a span at Memphis then here.

WHY can't he SEE and MAKE the NEXT progression????
This dude absolutely nails it.
Frame this man and ship it to that really big house on Richmond Road. I’ll freaking Venmo you $$$ for the shipping!

He’s been off the rails this year. Cal has coached and acted like a guy who thought this season either wouldn’t happen or would eventually be canceled due to covid. He seems so unprepared handling this team and dealing with the media.

I think some would be willing to give somewhat of a pass due to how weird this year has been, but then he goes out and says goofy stuff and throws little jabs at BBN. But as long as he is having fun!
It is almost like he's not even the same person. He acts like he never spoke in public or coached a team before. It reminds me of Gillispie's last season.

I have a ton of UK friends in louisville and that is all we talk about is how do we get rid of him and who will replace him. It isn’t just this board believe you me.
Good luck to you and your Louisville UK fans. My friends and I hope he stays and gets a chance at getting it worked out. It has been a bad year regardless if you want him gone or not.

Kyle Tucker writes for “ The Athletic” and says Cal is “frustrated with the fan base “ ! Don’t think I’m allowed to provide the link here . I LMAO at that statement.
Had a trailer dog once. He has lots of friends now. Once the rabbit jumped, it’s no holes barred. But before the jump, he had to eat boiled okra. Son of a bitch didn’t care. He just wanted to chase rabbits. He ate what was offered. Best dog I ever had. Chew bone.

Reactions: yoshukai
Guess we are in some real trouble the day Cal actually does leave the program because it sounds like there's not another qualified coach in the entire nation who can follow in the greatness of Cal's footsteps. It's best we just shut down the whole program once Cal is gone.
Exactly! His Highness cannot be replaced by anyone. It will be the DEATH of UK BB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT