ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari is frustrated with the fan base .

Even if he could see it, he wouldn't change at Kentucky because it would mean he was wrong. He is likely to make changes when he goes elsewhere. He is too damn prideful to do it any other way.

Exactly. He’ll go to another program, and coach guys 3/4 years and bring in freshmen good enough to be OAD, and he’ll win big with a more conventional style. People will then rag on Kentucky fans for running him off.

Kentucky basketball is like a pressure cooker. Maybe moreso than any other sport.

Cal has all the intangibles and has made it a decade plus at UK.

However, after going on 6 straight seasons without a FF and going thru the worst UK season in modern history he is feeling the pressure and its not surprising but it is justified.

This aint UMASS and it aint Memphis.

A few years ago, it seemed like Cal was the King of College Basketball. He was a proven winner that had the fans eating out of the palm of his hand. It’s unreal how far he’s fallen. He’s said multiple things demonstrating that he’s completely out of touch with the fan base while producing the worst season any of us can remember. Saying that he’s frustrated with the fans while continuing to cash his massive paychecks and losing at a historical pace is just the latest public relations disaster for Cal this year. He would be best served by saying as little as possible while this humiliating season wraps up.

I've searched Twitter and the Athletic and can't find this. OP, we need a link.

Poor Cal...he's upset.
iu

I won’t be watching another UK basketball game until he is gone. I’m sick and tired of this beyond rich ahole acting like we’re the problem. Even if he is frustrated with the fans you don’t say that. It’s comes with the job. And for 9-10 million a year you’d think he could shut up and do it.

Nope here’s what he wants. the $9-10 million/year, embarrassing Early season losses with no repercussions, to destroy our home and home traditions, to send every player every away (nba, gleague, Europe, China, transfer), and he wants us to shut up and thank him for an 8-14 season and all the rest. Oh, and he kneels during the anthem and never thought to explain it to the kids why it could be seen as disrespectful? So much for raising these families kids while they’re under your care lmao. They’re raising him.

Im not hoping for him to lose while he’s here, or that anything bad happen to him. But I simply cannot support him with my viewing or money anymore. And the only exception would be if I go over to family or friends place and they’re watching it. And even then I’ll be a smart ass the whole time.

Last edited:
It will probably be deleted but here’s the link , it’s Premium though . https://theathletic.com/2412031/202...-2021-22-returnees/?source=emp_shared_article

I'll summarize the content about Cal's frustration with the fanbase since I know a buddy who has a subscription to this and he lets me use his account to read some stuff on here when I want. Basically, Cal's frustrated about the critique of the team's win/loss record, usage of Dontaie Allen, the BLM stuff and kneeling for the anthem. The guy also thinks that Cal might be out the door after the season because of all this if not for his massive contract, but obviously that contract will be what keeps him around.

There was also speculation about who could replace Cal if he were to leave in the next six years. Nate Oats and Eric Musselman were the two names mentioned if it happens in the next couple of years. If it happened in four or five years, Mark Pope was the other name mentioned.

I'll summarize the content about Cal's frustration with the fanbase since I know a buddy who has a subscription to this and he lets me use his account to read some stuff on here when I want. Basically, Cal's frustrated about the critique of the team's win/loss record, usage of Dontaie Allen, the BLM stuff and kneeling for the anthem. The guy also thinks that Cal might be out the door after the season because of all this if not for his massive contract, but obviously that contract will be what keeps him around.

There was also speculation about who could replace Cal if he were to leave in the next six years. Nate Oats and Eric Musselman were the two names mentioned if it happens in the next couple of years. If it happened in four or five years, Mark Pope was the other name mentioned.
Well, he needs to get the hell over it or get the hell out! It’s a simple decision.

I am too. A chunk of our fans have acted like jackasses for years and it has consistently gotten worse and worse.

Kentucky basketball is like a pressure cooker. Maybe moreso than any other sport.

However, after going on 6 straight seasons without a FF and going thru the worst UK season in modern history he is feeling the pressure and its not surprising but it is justified.

didn't think i would say this but i agree with you even though we probably disagree on the fix.

I want you to know I respect the hell out of your passion for the Cats and complete optimism!
We just disagree on cal, you are a fan and thats ok, i have not liked his approach or coaching ability since 2015 or earlier as I believe he is a snake oil salesman that built a model that he pitched as a player's program but it was completely all about Cal dude is a complete phony and he's made a shit load of dough on this shit.
He now, again, has been completely exposed, he flat knows it, and he's deflecting like so many narcissist do. Jmo but brother I really do appreciate your passion.

the article starts off talking about how the fans responding were upset

that can't be true, you have people on here telling me that upset fans are not representative of the fan base, that the majority of fans support Cal. It must be that the handful of disgruntled fans that post here also scour the internet all day long looking for opportunities to bash Cal in other platforms.

I have to believe these people know what they are talking about when posting their takes here.

Why would he defend Rupp? He knew about as much as you or I did and I’m not backing anyone on a touchy subject like that unless I knew their character. There are stories on both sides, his closest friends will defend him so that his name isn’t dragged through the mud and ones that just hear the tales that have come in contact with him.
Now all your other issues with Calipari is fine but number 4 is questionable

Exactly number 4 is all about something else

Feel sorry for you Cal makes more money Han you can dream of Coach Rupp told me that fans don’t know crap most of the clowns on here prove him right

I'm in Florida at the present time, in Bonita Springs. I will be back to my home in Kentucky in April to turkey hunt. Your right, I don't make as much as Cal. but I probably have donated more to UK then he has. I make enough to have a home on my farm, a million dollar home in Prospect, Kentucky, a home here in Florida, and travel all over the world, hunting and fishing. I enjoy life, and I don't have to read a menu from the right to the left when I go to a restaurant. I am able to put my two Grandsons through medical school, at UK where their at now. So, I don't have it to bad. Do not mean this to be bragging, but I get tired of the BS about how much money Cal makes and you or other Cal LOSERS, think we care. I only care about him winning, which he is doing a $hity job of.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

I'm in Florida at the present time, in Bonita Springs. I will be back to my home in Kentucky in April to turkey hunt. Your right, I don't make as much as Cal. but I probably have donated more to UK then he has. I make enough to have a home on my farm, a million dollar home in Prospect, Kentucky, a home here in Florida, and travel all over the world, hunting and fishing. I enjoy life, and I don't have to read a menu from the right to the left when I go to a restaurant. I am able to put my two Grandsons through medical school, at UK where their at now. So, I don't have it to bad. Do not mean this to be bragging, but I get tired of the BS about how much money Cal makes and you or other Cal LOSERS, think we care. I only care about him winning, which he is doing a $hity job of.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
Congrats Call me impressed since everything on the internet is gospel truth I will go down to Republic Bank and ask Steve Traeger to advance
Me a $100,000 😎😎

Did Cal get Rona or has he been drinking this season...He’s said some of the dumbest shit this year. He’s said ridiculous stuff a good amount of time over the years but my lord this season he’s completely in over his head.

Stop worrying about the damn fans and fix the ****in team aka fix your problems Cal. Love how you brought UK back to the top after BCG era but my love is really starting to fade for Cal.

Hell who knows we may have won it all last year and would made this year a lot more acceptable but **** you very much Rona.

Lol right?

For real tho- myself along with all of my family some of my wife’s family all got the China virus. We were all perfectly fine and it never made any of us say ridiculous garbage as John Calipari has been saying this year. I think what it boils down to is he is a self entitled clown.

Reactions: Jumpercat
ADVERTISEMENT