ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari is frustrated with the fan base .

The first 5 years does nothing for his argument. The last 5 does. He’s making his argument based on the portion that helps make his point and choosing to ignore the other years. When you put the body of work as a whole on the table nobody in their right mind would replace their coach. You’re wanting to argue semantics
You've gotta look at the trend, and our trend line was steadily sinking since 2015...this year it went off a cliff

This year aint a skid, it's driving off a cliff.

Last year's was playing better at the end, but I do not think they were a FF contender. Was not even clear if Hagans was still on the team or if he was suspended or something.

I am no K fan. I do not even respect him at all, but he has 5 titles. If Cal had 3 titles during the run he had, only nut jobs are calling for him to leave. The things is, he doesn't. With the talent he's had at UK, 1 title is underacheiving.

Dean Smith had Michael Jordan for 3 years in college and only managed 1 title and 1 FF with him. He's the only one I can think of that got talent like Cal got and did less with it.
I've made this point this year to anyone who cares to listen: Cal has morphed into Dean Smith, the most underachieving coach of my lifetime, when comparing talent levels and titles.

Well, the fanbase is frustrated with Cal on several things:

1) Missed title chances
2) Constant turnover
3) Emphasis on getting players to the nba vs contending for championships
4) Not defending Rupp's legacy and bowing to the woke

I'm sure there's more.
Even if he could see it, he wouldn't change at Kentucky because it would mean he was wrong. He is likely to make changes when he goes elsewhere. He is too damn prideful to do it any other way.

What Cal will do and this is his M.O if you have paid attention to him over the years. Even back when he was at UMASS. He wont say anything until he has the upper hand on something or someone .Then he will passively aggressively pass along a little sarcastic barb at whomever he is trying to get at. I was a Cal fan when he was at UMASS, and I was a fan of his coaching and his being able to motivate players. I never understood why everyone hated him. John Cheaney telling him he was going to kill him and attacking him , Calhoun at UConn calling him "Johnny Chowda" and other derogatory names, Pitino hating him wayy prior to the UL/UK issues. Many, many others having issues with him throughout his career. I ALWAYS took up for him and defended him. Not that he needs me, I am no body. BUT i started seeing why others hated him. He wont say anything at the time he is being criticized. Pay attention , and see he wait until he has the upper hand and then he will throw a sarcastic barb. So hes remembering everything that is happening this year you can count on that. He is going to get Dejuan Wagner's son, that is a done deal. Not that this is not common knowledge because it is, but I actually do have a great source on that one. So he is going to make one more run, mark my words and then on the way out take his shots at us and remind us all what we said this year.... This is how he operates and that is one reason other coaches really, really hate him.

What Cal will do and this is his M.O if you have paid attention to him over the years. Even back when he was at UMASS. He wont say anything until he has the upper hand on something or someone .Then he will passively aggressively pass along a little sarcastic barb at whomever he is trying to get at. I was a Cal fan when he was at UMASS, and I was a fan of his coaching and his being able to motivate players. I never understood why everyone hated him. John Cheaney telling him he was going to kill him and attacking him , Calhoun at UConn calling him "Johnny Chowda" and other derogatory names, Pitino hating him wayy prior to the UL/UK issues. Many, many others having issues with him throughout his career. I ALWAYS took up for him and defended him. Not that he needs me, I am no body. BUT i started seeing why others hated him. He wont say anything at the time he is being criticized. Pay attention , and see he wait until he has the upper hand and then he will throw a sarcastic barb. So hes remembering everything that is happening this year you can count on that. He is going to get Dejuan Wagner's son, that is a done deal. Not that this is not common knowledge because it is, but I actually do have a great source on that one. So he is going to make one more run, mark my words and then on the way out take his shots at us and remind us all what we said this year.... This is how he operates and that is one reason other coaches really, really hate him.
I agree. I think he has another run in him and I also think he will change his approach and claim it was his master plan all along. Guys like Cal always have the last laugh. He will likely rub the fans face in when he leaves one day. Doesn’t matter to me as long as he gives us that one last good run. A ball coach will never hurt my feelings. I happen to love that other coaches and fans hate him. He’s an asshole. But he’s our asshole. They can all eat it.

I agree. I think he has another run in him and I also think he will change his approach and claim it was his master plan all along. Guys like Cal always have the last laugh. He will likely rub the fans face in when he leaves one day. Doesn’t matter to me as long as he gives us that one last good run. A ball coach will never hurt my feelings. I happen to love that other coaches and fans hate him. He’s an asshole. But he’s our asshole. They can all eat it.
Typical.

Uncle Joe! He’s so great with the kiddos 🥰

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F792de58e-5563-11e9-b872-7488e2315159.jpg

Reactions: deep3
Huh? Reading what?

He’s stealing my replies and doing them himself.

I clowned him hard yesterday and it obviously stung because I said the same thing about him that he just said to you above. But now he’s flipping it and using the same lines against you 😂

It’s true- nobody reads his comments other then the random 1 or 2 beta males that like them on occasion. I will read his comments if they’re a sentence or so long because it’s kinda impossible not too; but as I’m sure you do, if it’s any longer that that I just keep scrolling because it’s garbage and a waste of time.

This burns him up too. He pretends not to care but he does which is why he always always always replies to all of us any time he gets called out (often). I know the type.

I simply informed him that his posts weren’t worth reading it over a couple sentences and he of course replied back with blah blah blah.

He will reply to this one too :)

I clowned him hard yesterday and it obviously stung because I said the same thing about him that he just said to you above. But now he’s flipping it and using the same lines against you 😂

It’s true- nobody reads his comments other then the random 1 or 2 beta males that like them on occasion. I will read his comments if they’re a sentence or so long because it’s kinda impossible not too; but as I’m sure you do, if it’s any longer that that I just keep scrolling because it’s garbage and a waste of time.

This burns him up too. He pretends not to care but he does which is why he always always always replies to all of us any time he gets called out (often). I know the type.

I simply informed him that his posts weren’t worth reading it over a couple sentences and he of course replied back with blah blah blah.

Yep. Like the age old question, why does a dog lick his balls, because he can, can’t help himself.

Well I’ve already nicknamed @KyFaninNC ”shadow” because he follows me everywhere and replies to all my posts. So @FrankUnderwood that name is taken. So I’ll just call you groupie because you’re doing the same thing. You two are clearly infatuated with me and I’m living squarely in your head. It’s kind of embarrassing but I have a soft spot for nerds so party on.

you two need to have a sleepover. Then you can stay up and post all night. You can share a sleeping bag. Which one is the pitcher and which one is the catcher? Have fun

I may post again later so be on the lookout. You don’t want to be late with a reply.

100% agree. We know it's coming. He will not announce changes he’s making or has made, he's going to wait until they produce positive results, then he'll announce what he did during a Q & A session and act like he invented something new.

Reactions: Montana81 and deep3
100% agree. We know it's coming. He will not announce changes he’s making or has made, he's going to wait until they produce positive results, then he'll announce what he did during a Q & A session and act like he invented something new.
There is nothing, let me repeat, there is nothing Cal can do that will make me change my mind about him. I am literally ashamed he is the coach at UK.

There is nothing, let me repeat, there is nothing Cal can do that will make me change my mind about him. I am literally ashamed he is the coach at UK.

Not at this point. Of course I’ll support Kentucky and be happy if we are successful but literally all respect and support for John Calipari has been lost. I’m one of many as well. A large portion (majority) of the fan base feels the same exact way.

I really don't care about what he remembers other than maybe remembering how to coach. He could certainly do himself a major favor by remembering how to coach and leaving the other crap to others. Coaching is what he is being paid to do. To be honest, Cal's coaching performance is equivalent to the worst performing player on the team. Seeing how he treats poor performing players, why should he be treated any differently when considering his performance?

You try really hard to be an asshat. Why? What does that do for you?
Clearly the joke went over his head. All you can do is laugh. The people on this board take this shit way too seriously. No sense of humor anywhere. But thanks for checking up on me

I've made this point this year to anyone who cares to listen: Cal has morphed into Dean Smith, the most underachieving coach of my lifetime, when comparing talent levels and titles.

Exactly!!! Smith should have won 4 or 5 more titles with the talent he had but was stubborn in the way he coached.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT