ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari is frustrated with the fan base .

I have been on board with getting to the offseason to allow Cal the chance to right this ship, but if he’s upset at the fans over this season it might be time to move along.

Cal has stuck his foot in his mouth so much, and it’s all coming back to bite him in the ass. I use to think Cal had his finger on the pulse of BBN, the last couple years have made me think otherwise. I think he has unfortunately bought into his own hype (hype that has died down the last several years) and thinks no one else could possibly do his job.

I wish that 2010 take no prisoners Cal was still around, but now we got Cal upset over the fans and not wanting to take away anyone’s heart. Cal has looked and acted pretty soft this season. He’s the one who needs to take a look in the mirror- not the players and not the fans. He wants to act like his ish don’t stink.

I’m so tired of Cal’s BS and antics. He is the epitome of a liberal weiner, playing the victim card here, when he is clearly the one at fault. The fanbase didn’t create this mess, he did.

These people on this board (mostly younger generation) that defend him and are loyal to him to a fault are beyond annoying. Stop defending this guy! YOU are part of the problem.

Got news for you, he’s not the GOAT coach at Kentucky. I’m not sure he’s even in the top 3. I know two ex coaches here, just in my lifetime, that would coach circles around Cal. Quit with the thinking that Cal is the end all be all. He’s not.

Anyway, I’m so ready for a change. As I know most of the BBN are as well. This guy is never gonna change. He’s gonna do things his way and will go down with the ship in the process. One stubborn mother ****er!
This......and will blame the fans on the way out the door.

I suspect Cal is laying the groundwork to do just that if he can find another place to coach that is dumb enough to pay him $9M a year for this crap.

I have always believed that because of Cal's huge ego his time at UK would end with an ugly divorce and that Cal would blame the crazy hillbilly fans for forcing him out.

The clock is ticking on Cal's time at UK. He is finished here, just not sure how long he will try to hang on until something better comes along.

I hope it comes soon. Cal is only going to get worse with time.

Prove it I’m waiting. I have more Rupp signed items in my house fom when I served as basketball manager than you can count Bill Keightley was Best Man at my wedding I was pall bearer for Herky Rupp I raised funds for Remodeling UK Equipment Room in 1992
Well I’m waiting 😩😩
I can throw a football over those mountains.

If he has a problem now, wait until there’s 23k fans and he does some of the stupid stuff he’s doing now. UK fans are fed up with the used car salesman approach to basketball. He needs to shut up and win basketball games. If he doesn’t do both, he’ll experience the full brunt of our “fanatic” fan base.
If Rupp were wide open right now, I’d be shocked if there were more than 10000 in attendance. 80% of those would just be there to socialize.

I don't care if he is. He's not hear as frustrated and upset as we the fane are. Ain't none of us getting 10 mil a year to assuage our anger either.
He can go spit if he doesn't like it. He ain't seen nothing yet. If and when fans are let back in and he rolls out another lemon like this, he will be wishing they never let fans back in. Pompous gas bag.

I can tell you this, I work with a lot of people who are Kentucky fans, and they are sick of it. Getting to where they don't even care anymore. I mean a lot of fans I've talked to.
Well, I can tell you this. All of my friends are diehard UK fans. They hate this season but they have never talked about getting rid of Cal. So, there you go. The only place I hear ,Fire Cal, is on this board.

• Haha
Reactions: Texcat59 and KFuqua
I thought this is a new account? Too many multiple accounts to keep track of!!

Someone, can't remember who it was, connected the 2Adulterers account to either Zipp or Rhodes account over on the tard site. They had a screen shot of something off their premium board that looked legit, not sure but it sure looks like the shoe fits.

Dirtybird spoon.

I have been on board with getting to the offseason to allow Cal the chance to right this ship, but if he’s upset at the fans over this season it might be time to move along.

Cal has stuck his foot in his mouth so much, and it’s all coming back to bite him in the ass. I use to think Cal had his finger on the pulse of BBN, the last couple years have made me think otherwise. I think he has unfortunately bought into his own hype (hype that has died down the last several years) and thinks no one else could possibly do his job.

I wish that 2010 take no prisoners Cal was still around, but now we got Cal upset over the fans and not wanting to take away anyone’s heart. Cal has looked and acted pretty soft this season. He’s the one who needs to take a look in the mirror- not the players and not the fans. He wants to act like his ish don’t stink.
If you look at it, his behavior has been bizarre. And we only have 8 wins. His constant faux pas' aren't much different than Gillispie's. I don't remember him insulting the fans. I think Cal needs to retire. This thing is too much for him, now.

Well, I can tell you this. All of my friends are diehard UK fans. They hate this season but they have never talked about getting rid of Cal. So, there you go. The only place I hear ,Fire Cal, is on this board.
It’s a mixed bag for me. The wife’s step Dad wants him gone. The actual Father in Law doesn’t want him gone. My Dad, just thinks he gets out coached a lot. Not sure if my Dad wants him gone or not. He’s lost interest in Kentucky Basketball, though, which is sad.

Someone, can't remember who it was, connected the 2Adulterers account to either Zipp or Rhodes account over on the tard site. They had a screen shot of something off their premium board that looked legit, not sure but it sure looks like the shoe fits.

Dirtybird spoon.
Really? I missed that one. Makes sense, though.

It’s a mixed bag for me. The wife’s step Dad wants him gone. The actual Father in Law doesn’t want him gone. My Dad, just thinks he gets out coached a lot. Not sure if my Dad wants him gone or not. He’s lost interest in Kentucky Basketball, which is sad.
I think if someone loses interest in UK basketball...... its a pretty clear sign something has to change to get their interest back.

we all love UK but lets be honest......... life is too short to be depressed and angry all the time so if someone has to take a step back and prioritize whats making them happy during a time, its ok. (have to say this because there are many jerks on here that think you arent a good fan unless you go down with the ship and stay depressed the entire time)

I think if someone loses interest in UK basketball...... its a pretty clear sign something has to change to get their interest back.

we all love UK but lets be honest......... life is too short to be depressed and angry all the time so if someone has to take a step back and prioritize whats making them happy during a time, its ok. (have to say this because there are many jerks on here that think you arent a good fan unless you go down with the ship and stay depressed the entire time)
Exactly right.

I think we need a new method to secure meaningful change in the program. thus I ask all chubby men alliance to threaten to streak naked during games next year onto rupp arena....... those are scars that UK and Mitch cant allow to happen upon the public LOL.

but really though...... if you threaten to give everyone beer in the arena ....... then Mitch will care. the one thing he wont tolerate for the non rich.

I think we need a new method to secure meaningful change in the program. thus I ask all chubby men alliance to threaten to streak naked during games next year onto rupp arena....... those are scars that UK and Mitch cant allow to happen upon the public LOL.

but really though...... if you threaten to give everyone beer in the arena ....... then Mitch will care. the one thing he wont tolerate for the non rich.
We’re going STREAKING! 😆

No you challenged me you prove it You are another wanna be Read the book Chasing The Cats by Jamie Vaught the 3rd chapter is all about me

You could be a former player we all love, you still shouldnt come here trolling people and being a complete azz about it. many many fans are frustrated and things need to change, you could be understanding about that

The guy makes almost $10 million and doesn't believe he should be held to a standard of winning.
[/
I think the fan frustration is particularly intense because they see another mass exodus from an historically bad team. I believe very strongly that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel - but it’s sure not visible right now.

Reactions: Montana81
So, we're just supposed to take your word for what you're claiming your buddies say? Hilarious. I call bullshit.

Reactions: KFuqua
Cal, it was a heck of a ride, and we appreciate everything you did to resurrect the program from BCG, but like him, you obviously don’t know squat about PR!

Just stop while you’re still slightly ahead, and resign! Milking your asinine salary, or hoping to get that insane buyout, isn’t going to save you!

You’ve lost the fan base, and VERY soon the recruits will take note that you are a lame duck coach on life support, and things will get even more embarrassing than they are now!

Your coaching legacy will be irreversibly damaged if this shitshow you created doesn’t end soon.

If you look at it, his behavior has been bizarre. And we only have 8 wins. His constant faux pas' aren't much different than Gillispie's. I don't remember him insulting the fans. I think Cal needs to retire. This thing is too much for him, now.
He’s been off the rails this year. Cal has coached and acted like a guy who thought this season either wouldn’t happen or would eventually be canceled due to covid. He seems so unprepared handling this team and dealing with the media.

I think some would be willing to give somewhat of a pass due to how weird this year has been, but then he goes out and says goofy stuff and throws little jabs at BBN. But as long as he is having fun!

He’s been off the rails this year. Cal has coached and acted like a guy who thought this season either wouldn’t happen or would eventually be canceled due to covid. He seems so unprepared handling this team and dealing with the media.

I think some would be willing to give somewhat of a pass due to how weird this year has been, but then he goes out and says goofy stuff and throws little jabs at BBN. But as long as he is having fun!
Yeah that’s the rub. It’s bad enough that he’s sucked this season, but the arrogance and the total disrespect directed to the fanbase is over the top. If he would simply say he’s done a terrible job this season and that he’s going to do everything in his power to see that it never happens again, most would find it palatable. But, he has to go in the complete opposite direction and lash out at everyone but himself. It seems he simply has zero self awareness.

You really think that? Come on..
No. I dont think that. I know that. I am talking about many UK grads that for decades have attended games as a group, well, until this year . Now we meet and watch games together. One of our group coached Div. 2 for many years. Each understands the weaknesses of this team but we never discuss firing Cal. There will be a time , maybe within the next 3 to 5 years that we change coaches. Guys on this board post with like minded posters and it seems to give them a feeling of significance in firing a coach. I do not share that thought. There are many more fans out there that never visit this board. They too, have a voice.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
ADVERTISEMENT