ADVERTISEMENT

Cal with Wagner and Reed back , with staff changes

Jjohnb5393

Freshman
Mar 25, 2022
….run it back with Adou, Reed , Z, Wagner and the recruiting class plus a couple portal pieces with a ‘final four or bust ‘ mentality…maybe even with a reduced buyout . Staff changes to help defensively . I think I’d take that , also knowing it’d give us time to line up a potential replacement. I don’t see a scenario where a new coach could have us better than we would be with Reed, Wagner, and the number two class.

….run it back with Adou, Reed , Z, Wagner and the recruiting class plus a couple portal pieces with a ‘final four or bust ‘ mentality…maybe even with a reduced buyout . Staff changes to help defensively . I think I’d take that , also knowing it’d give us time to line up a potential replacement. I don’t see a scenario where a new coach could have us better than we would be with Reed, Wagner, and the number two class.
To Hell with that stuff!

Didn't we hear this last year, and the year before that, and the year before..

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🤡

Are you numb ? Stop it , it’s been covered by 10 post already , answer is NO

Wouldn’t be a terrible scenario to play out, but the bust in the scenario is so much more likely than the Final 4. I think Reed is the perfect legacy program player to transition to a new coach taking the helm. I think he knows he has much more work to do to be ready for the league and doesn’t want to leave Kentucky like that. On the other hand, I doubt he wants to play for Calipari next year. I just don’t see him back if Cal is here. All the more reason and that could be the impetus. If Stacey Reed says it. Not demanding a new coach, but just saying “do what you have to do, but Reed can’t get better playing in his system”. More or less what Patterson’s mother did. Made it clear it was her desire and demand and her son’s intention that he would graduate the following year. Basically said don’t screw that up for him and the chance for me to watch him walk across the stage next year for a drunkard coach who can’t get the job done and doesn’t respect the program or it’s players.

At this point I’m not sure I’d want him back even if he came with the Boston Celtics roster.

The coaching change needs to be made. And it’s been that way for a few years now. Time to stop making excuses about why we can’t and just do it.

You mean like we did this year? You mean like we did last year?

Five ****ing years of people saying “next year!” You think Cal will suddenly listen to others? You think he will grow as a person? You think he will somehow *get better*? No. Just no. He had his chances. Time to move on.

That’s not gonna cut it. There would have to be massive concession by cal on his contract like a total renegotiation that eliminated most of the buyout so if shit don’t work out he’s gone asap maybe even mid season.

I don't understand how anyone is OK with any scenario that has Cal come back. After the worst season in UK history, most of us said "well we have a good class coming in, let's give him another chance."

Then we lost to St Peters.

After the St Peters debacle we said well that was a one off, fluke loss. Let's regroup and try again. After trying again we lost in the first weekend to K State. We said after that well we have a monster class coming in, the kind that Cal has succeeded with in the past. We lost in the Champions Classic, we lost to scrub teams at Rupp, we once again didn't win the SEC or SECT...then got ousted by Oakland with our monster class.

The time is up, it's done, no more "one more chance." Get rid of him yesterday.

That was basically this season, but with a better roster.

Cal got a pass for 9-16. He got a pass for St. Peter's. He got a pass for K-State.

It's been: Wait until he gets this recruiting class. Cal's at his best with elite freshmen. I think a lot of the fan base felt like it was Elite 8 or bust. Maybe even final 4 or bust. We busted.

So, Cal brings back Reed and DJ and Adou and Z. He had those guys. He also had Rob and Reeves and Mitchell. He couldn't win 1 game against Oakland, in a do or die season.

So I don't believe that he's going to bring those guys back minus a couple of our best players--and suddenly win 4 games. I don't see the benefit of saying "We really mean it this time. You better make a run." I feel like that's been implied. He didn't.

I fully believe Mitch has a list of guys that he wants, and they've probably already had some preliminary conversations. If after the last 4 years, they don't have a plan already--they're not going to have a plan next year.

I also think Mitch is going to start feeling a little heat. He inherited the winningest basketball program of all time. He gave a life time contract right before we went on a historically bad run. That's a bad look on him.

No. Just no. What's wrong with people? What team are you a fan of?

Doesn't fix the fact Cal can't make the right in game coaching moves. You could give him a pro team and when the pressure to win become great, like in tourn, he would loose, Just look at his record the last 5 years. It is the coach not the team.

Doesn't fix the fact Cal can't make the right in game coaching moves. You could give him a pro team and when the pressure to win become great, like in tourn, he would loose, Just look at his record the last 5 years. It is the coach not the team.
He'll shoo Reed, Rob, and Edwads out the door even with NIL. Annual rebuild. Hopefully he'll play a lot of golf with Nick Saban now.

Reactions: GoCats53
I would literally go out back, find a tree, and hang a rope if Mitch allows that SOB to return. This program cannot take another year of this 💩, you’re risking everything by allowing this. Cal will never changed, hell just after they beat Oakland the guy is talking about the “unbelievable” group he has coming in. He said he will continue to recruit young talent and wouldn’t have to hit the portal hard. This guy is stuck in his ways and this decision for Mitch is an easy one. FIRE HIM

I’ve enjoyed most of Cal’s tenure as head coach. I think he’s a very good coach. But….

His teams have performed well below expectations over the last several years. It’s time for a change. It would be best for him, and best for the program. Best possible scenario is that he resigns ASAP so the search for a new head coach can begin.

Reactions: Jazzycat and ib4ky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT