ADVERTISEMENT

Cal tryin to get Oscar to come back next year đź‘€

All depends on NIL. He loves it here but he’s worried about his mom.

If we could get her here I’d think Oscar would never even go pro. UK would find him a job. with the program
I’d love that.

Get her to Lexington. Let him take his one shot at the NBA and if he doesn’t land on a team roster after preseason and a year in the G….then come back to the staff and develop big men and be a mentor

I think Cal was just playing the crowd. Call me suspicious but it sounds like something Cal would do. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Oscar back next year but think I'll just concentrate and cheer loudly for him this season before getting my hopes up for next year. Just saying Cal being Cal is what I take from that statement.

Make 3M+ at UK in NIL or go 2nd rd non guaranteed contract and potentially end up in the g league making diddly and living in 2nd rate cities. Big O will be back he loves UK and the fans.
I keep seeing these outrages figures but I have to see that in writing to believe he makes that much.

Reactions: TFCats11
Make 3M+ at UK in NIL or go 2nd rd non guaranteed contract and potentially end up in the g league making diddly and living in 2nd rate cities. Big O will be back he loves UK and the fans.
Yep. Pros love bigs who can jump out of the gym.

I think Cal was just playing the crowd. Call me suspicious but it sounds like something Cal would do. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Oscar back next year but think I'll just concentrate and cheer loudly for him this season before getting my hopes up for next year. Just saying Cal being Cal is what I take from that statement.
Agreed. This sounds like a ”tongue in cheek“ comment by Cal which is not unusual. As we all know, Cal pushes his players to the NBA if he thinks they can get a good contract.

Reactions: ORCAT
I keep seeing these outrages figures but I have to see that in writing to believe he makes that much.
I also still need to see the last time the NBA drafted a 6'9 center that plays below the rim. There's a reason the consensus POtY wasn't a lock for a guaranteed contract last year.

Oscar is an absolute stud in college, but it's unclear if his game translates to the NBA. Which is great for us, let's keep him here as long as we can.

Last edited:
Agreed. This sounds like a ”tongue in cheek“ comment by Cal which is not unusual. As we all know, Cal pushes his players to the NBA if he thinks they can get a good contract.
NIL has changed things though.If he was top 10 of course Cal tells him to go but for Oscar I don't see that ever happening.

A lot will depend on whether Oscar develops a perimeter game. He can hit a shot from the freethrow line in but, the NBA is currently in love with bigs that can stretch the defense by hitting from 15 feet and out.
Another year at UK banking $2 mil and working on that perimeter game wouldn't be a bad decision for all involved. But, we shall see.

If he plays at UK this year and next year, Number 9 WILL be hung one of those 2 years.

Oscar, Edwards, Bradshaw, Kingsley, Ware, Thiero, Wagner, Reeves, Sheppard, Fredrick, Dillingham?

Our opponents:

bigger-boat.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT