ADVERTISEMENT

NIL will play a part in Cal coming back

Nov 11, 2005
Barnhart will try get Reed and a few others huge NIL deals to entice them to come back. He needs something to give the fanbase and having a core group come back will make Cal coming back a little easier to swallow for the fanbase.

Barnhart will try get Reed and a few others huge NIL deals to entice them to come back. He needs something to give the fanbase and having a core group come back will make Cal coming back a little easier to swallow for the fanbase.
What are you talking about? What do you think he would do the second year with them that he couldn't do the first year? He has shown that he is incapable of winning with anyone now.

Last edited:
He can’t do that in a couple days or a week. The money is there for reed but who’s gonna give the others big money? Is cal gonna hit up his nba all stars to pay these guys?

Why do returning players even matter at this point in the decision to keep him? If we ran the exact same group again with Calipari in charge, we’d probably make it to the second round at best. Talent be damned, look at his results the past five seasons and try to find any reason whatsoever to believe he’s capable of anything better at this point.

We’ve had a new roster every season anyway. In the portal era, I fully believe a competent hire would fill out our roster in about a week.

I guess CCC is good with players not earning playing time because he isn't earning his salary, so he would be a hypocrite to hold his players to a higher standard. Lol

Why do returning players even matter at this point in the decision to keep him? If we ran the exact same group again with Calipari in charge, we’d probably make it to the second round at best. Talent be damned, look at his results the past five seasons and try to find any reason whatsoever to believe he’s capable of anything better at this point.

We’ve had a new roster every season anyway. In the portal era, I fully believe a competent hire would fill out our roster in about a week.
This. Cal coming back is rewarding mediocrity and endless BS. Are we looking at Made for March 2.0?🤮

Reactions: ukfan041
If you think the result will be any different next year.if Cal is back with Reed and a couple of the front court guys, you're completely delusional. No one else is back and you're going to fill in the other spots with a much weaker class than what this one was. But hey, you saved another year of paying for Cal and we sink even further into irrelevancy.

The university doesn’t control Nil so…….

Also no NIL will compare to what Reed will make on the back end of his NBA contracts. You have no idea what you’re saying.

He can’t do that in a couple days or a week. The money is there for reed but who’s gonna give the others big money? Is cal gonna hit up his nba all stars to pay these guys?
Since HE is ONLY reason they are in the league...they owe him, right?😂

The university doesn’t control Nil so…….

Also no NIL will compare to what Reed will make on the back end of his NBA contracts. You have no idea what you’re saying.
Had a guy at state tournament Wed. and is close to situation tell my buddies and l that a 8-10 million dollar nil is being worked our for Reed next year.

Had a guy at state tournament Wed. and is close to situation tell my buddies and l that a 8-10 million dollar nil is being worked our for Reed next year.
That’s still not close to what he can make on the back side of his career. Also, they can afford 8-10 million for Reed but not 30 for Cal?

That’s still not close to what he can make on the back side of his career. Also, they can afford 8-10 million for Reed but not 30 for Cal?
reed isn’t going where you think in the draft he will be back and there is a big nil deal waiting for him.

reed isn’t going where you think in the draft he will be back and there is a big nil deal waiting for him.
Doesn’t matter what his position is. We are talking the last 5 years, second contract on. NIL can’t compete with that. Get to the 2nd contract quick as you can is the key. Delaying it for an incompetent coach is about as dumb a mistake as you can make in terms of NBA career. You’re going to be mad bro when you realize your dream has been squashed.

Yep. Clean house. I love them but I hope to miss them. A new Coach is more important than them returning. Cal is the cancer. He must be removed.
We didn't win with them so what if they leave. If Reed loves him so much, he should have performed better in the tourney. Taking one shot in the first half was totally unacceptable. If they had won, this discussion wouldn't be happening. At this point, as a fan, I am willing to endure whatever it takes to get rid of the mouth-of-the-south. If the players want to keep him it is only because they know his successor isn't going to let them get away with the poor defensive effort they gave this season.

Last edited:
People who have the means may feel more compelled to donate to collectives and alienated boosters may contribute again if Cal were to leave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT