ADVERTISEMENT

Cal just blamed Oscar for the slow start in the postgame PC!!!

I thought Oscar struggled early in the first half. He seemed to be too worried about proving he was better than Timmie rather than doing what was best for the team. Between his flexing last game and his uncharacteristic start to this game, I hope his accomplishments last year haven’t gotten to his head.

He obviously didn’t have much help today but he needs to set the example for the team from the start of the game.

These 2-3 games are the worst that Oscar has looked for us..

Part of that is the surgery sure.. part of it is Oscar just oddly playing bad.. but a big part is coaching.

The POY should NEVER be this bad.
I agree, Oscar tinted glasses off, he's made some head scratching plays for sure. His demeanor is also a bit off too. Hope getting put in his place these last two big games changes his mindset. Feel like the awards may have went to his head a bit.

Kinda funny to say about a guy who just dropped 20/15 but he's had some bad plays at crucial moments.

He needs to learn to lead the team and not just decide to try and carry them on his back.

I agree, Oscar tinted glasses off, he's made some head scratching plays for sure. His demeanor is also a bit off too. Hope getting put in his place these last two big games changes his mindset. Feel like the awards may have went to his head a bit.

Kinda funny to say about a guy who just dropped 20/15 but he's had some bad plays at crucial moments.

He needs to learn to lead the team and not just decide to try and carry them on his back.

Right? He looks like.. cocky.. Which is so weird for him.

Oscar when he plays within himself and gets 15/15 = Great.

But when he's commiting penalties like this and kind of just.. playing mad?.. idk.. hes not good.

I don't necessarily think Cal is wrong here. Oscar didn't look good in the beginning and was doing things he usually doesn't do. Seemed to be doing too much himself. I also think he knows Oscar can take the criticism.

These 2-3 games are the worst that Oscar has looked for us..

Part of that is the surgery sure.. part of it is Oscar just oddly playing bad.. but a big part is coaching.

The POY should NEVER be this bad.
I agree with you. He is trying to do too much on offense. His rebounding has been good, but other aspects not so good. He can, and will, play much better.

I think your critique is valid, but your cred would increase substantially if you merely occasionally critiqued Cal, which you hardly ever do.

For this team to excel we need to see less of Ware, Wheeler and Frederick. They should be getting 10 minutes a game between them. But it will never happen so I’m just gonna lay low and watch us lose 12-14 games this year and mind my own business.

I think your critique is valid, but your cred would increase substantially if you merely occasionally critiqued Cal, which you hardly ever do.
You mistake many of my posts for out right defending him. I'm generally more nuanced than that, which most people have a hard time with. My real position is, I don't think if we dropped him today, we'd get a better coach. I think he is in a rut but has the ability to get out of it. I'm certainly as frustrated with the woes of the team and inability to run anything that resembles a cohesive offense as anyone. That's on Cal. But I've also seen us play amazing games under him, like UNC and KU last year.

I certainly don't join in the player/coach bashing though, it doesn't do anything positive except for maybe let some posters get out some aggression so they don't kick their dog or beat their wives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT