ADVERTISEMENT

Cal isn’t going to play friendly

And that's about the time he completely quit coaching, too.

That was a huge turning point for our program. We needed to let him walk. If we had, we would be in a much better place today.

But as it is, I'm excited for the change. I've been waiting for many years now.

But Cal is such a great guy and will always be a fan. I am so sick of the shit about him being a great guy.
Cal is a marketing major. Fake sympathy to garner sympathy is part of his schtick. That's why you had so many bleeding heart fans saying ''YOU RAN OFF SUCH A NICE MAN''. He's a con-man. EVERYTHING he does, he does for a reason.

I don’t start many threads and not trying to hijack but I have an honest question. So much is said about Cal cutting off the boosters. Is UK really any different than any other big time school regarding donors? I mean do donors expect more at UK than anywhere else? I wouldn’t think so but don’t know.

My guess is Cal got to a point where he thought UK donors should worship the ground he walked on and the donors got sick of it.

I love Cal even tho I wanted him gone, but anyone can see this is damage control. He left to take a lower paying job, he has to explain that somehow so that his ego isn't destroyed. He will also probably do well there, especially these first few years because he has something to prove. He lost that edge at UK which is why he had to go, but when he's out to prove himself he's been pretty successful.

I don’t start many threads and not trying to hijack but I have an honest question. So much is said about Cal cutting off the boosters. Is UK really any different than any other big time school regarding donors? I mean do donors expect more at UK than anywhere else?
Mega bucks are pumped into the athletic department. Mediocrity won't cut it. Since Barnfart wouldn't do anything about Cal, the money flow for NIL got cut off. Calipari knew this but wants to act like he had to do it all....No all he had to do was win and the boosters would have came thru but he couldnt.

I'm not defending Cal here, but there was a LOT of bitching on here about MB not embracing NIL so Cal's comments are probably true. Think that is a lot more on the administration.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
I'm not defending Cal here, but there was a LOT of bitching on here about MB not embracing NIL so Cal's comments are probably true. Think that is a lot more on the administration.
Was it? Or was it Cal pushing boosters away?

Why would he be friendly about this. He is now at an SEC rival. Nothing here at all. He will make the UK Vs Arkansas games relevant again. For a couple of years. He will screw up there just like he did here. The Arkansas fans are the closest to the UK fans in the SEC. Bring on the games.

yea I mean what can you do with Craft says he is walking away from basketball as long as Cal is coach?

Pretty much leaves it up to Cal.

Now I will admit the basketball facility probably wasn't handled well, but we need to understand, Cal was putting the school in a position where they were on the hook for millions as well, and it was going to come at a time when our football program had to share facilities with other programs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT