ADVERTISEMENT

If cal is at UK next season

Calipari did this on purpose as to get his buyout. He’s been pressing for it and the brass knows it, they don’t want to give it to him. It’s so obvious it’s sad. Calipari signed that contract knowing he didn’t want to ride it out but he wants the money. After talking with someone last night that knows a good bit of people who have some influence, I’ve come to believe Calipari and the administration are at war and have been for sometime.
I heard something similar yesterday from someone who knows people in the AD. I was told that Cal has basically zero relationship with Mitch or anyone else in the AD/administration. He's basically a lone wolf with complete control of the program, and it's been that way for several years.

Huge grain of salt since this is double hearsay.

I honestly think we're going to need another school to hire him in order to get out of this. Cal will never leave that money on the table (I wouldn't either). Such a stupid contract Mitch gave him. We should have called his bluff or let UCLA hire him.

I heard something similar yesterday from someone who knows people in the AD. I was told that Cal has basically zero relationship with Mitch or anyone else in the AD/administration. He's basically a lone wolf with complete control of the program, and it's been that way for several years.

Huge grain of salt since this is double hearsay.

I honestly think we're going to need another school to hire him in order to get out of this. Cal will never leave that money on the table (I wouldn't either). Such a stupid contract Mitch gave him. We should have called his bluff or let UCLA hire him.

All imo:

The reason I said 3 years ago he will burn it down is because I knew some things from someone who knows and gives a lot of money to the football and basketball program. I know Calipari well from his past stop. I know a very close friend of his in his old hometown. The information you’re getting isn’t all of it but it’s 100% true. 100%.

Calipari and the administration are at war he wants the money and wants them to cave. If they don’t, he is going to tank it. They know what he’s doing and don’t want to pay him. They want him to go by the contract.

All anyone has to do is pay attention. The guy suddenly can’t beat 15 seeds and look what he did to keep the roster screwed up all year. He’s been doing this for a while and if we don’t get rid of him he’s going to burn it down. I’m going to eventually make a post about it all, I’m just waiting to get more later this week. All of it is my own opinion based on several factors.

Calipari does not care about his players, this program, or anyone but himself. Notice how he totally tanked Wagner’s draft stock this season. It’s all anyone needs to see. I’m very afraid for the program until he’s out. Calipari is a really bad guy who knows how to sell and lie. I feel really bad for players like Wagner who got caught up in his web. Sheppard too.

This is another reason we need Kentucky men back in control of this program. This is what happens when the men who love our program are pushed out in favor of what we have now. That was the mistake that will kill our dominance and nobody pays any attention to it. None of this happens if our gatekeepers were in any control.

Last edited:
All imo:

The reason I said 3 years ago he will burn it down is because I knew some things from someone who knows and gives a lot of money to the football and basketball program. I know Calipari well from his past stop. I know a very close friend of his in his old hometown. The information you’re getting isn’t all of it but it’s 100% true. 100%.

Calipari and the administration are at war he wants the money and wants them to cave. If they don’t, he is going to tank it. They know what he’s doing and don’t want to pay him. They want him to go by the contract.

All anyone has to do is pay attention. The guy suddenly can’t beat 15 seeds and look what he did to keep the roster screwed up all year. He’s been doing this for a while and if we don’t get rid of him he’s going to burn it down. I’m going to eventually make a post about it all, I’m just waiting to get more later this week. All of it is my own opinion based on several factors.

Calipari does not care about his players, this program, or anyone but himself. Notice how he totally tanked Wagner’s draft stock this season. It’s all anyone needs to see. I’m very afraid for the program until he’s out. Calipari is a really bad guy who knows how to sell and lie. I feel really bad for players like Wagner who got caught up in his web. Sheppard too.

This is another reason we need Kentucky men back in control of this program. This is what happens when the men who love our program are pushed out in favor of what we have now. That was the mistake that will kill our dominance and nobody pays any attention to it. None of this happens if our gatekeepers were in any control.
I want Cal gone as much as anyone but I don’t believe a word of this

But Cal has already announced he has a couple "tweaks" he will implement next year.

We'll be fine. 😉
CharlieBrownLucyFootball.jpg

All imo:

Calipari does not care about hi gf his players, this program, or anyone but himself. Notice how he totally tanked Wagner’s draft stock this season. It’s all anyone needs to see. I’m very afraid for the program until he’s out. Calipari is a really bad guy who knows how to sell and lie. I feel really bad for players like Wagner who got caught up in his web. Sheppard too.

I don’t believe any of these weird conspiracy theories. I think Cal is just rich, complacent and washed up. I don’t believe there is any I’ll intent, he just sucks because he’s not putting in the work anymore.

Is Barney? I keep hearing “something has to change”. The problem is there is nothing left to change except the head coach and AD. Cal has already changed assistants multiple times. What else is there? Sounds like a bunch of empty bullshit if Barney doesn’t fix his mistake. Cal isn’t going to change his practices he’s already said as much. But I hear that Barney doesn’t want to pay the buyout doesn’t want to go to donors. This guy is useless. I can’t imagine a world where both are back but at the same time there is an agenda to ruin the basketball program. I mean you don’t trip your way to this level of incompetence. Other than forcing cal out what is this “something that has to change”?
We've already gone through the inventory of what could change and the only thing left is also the very thing that can make a difference . . . Cal has to coach the game better. Its not about the players, NIL, this or that. We could have made a good run with the guys we had this year even with their limitations on defense, physicality whatever.

The only thing that needs to change is Cal being a better coach of the game itself from scouting to game strategy to substitution patterns, to fundamentals. Its that simple.

The BIG question is, whose going to be the guy to tell him that. I know Mitch isnt going to say that even if he believes it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT