ADVERTISEMENT

Cal has a roster full of......

Not true. Neither Jones nor Alex really improved.

TJ's production dropped in every category his second year, and his draft stock declined a bit as well.

And the best Poythress ever looked was at the beginning of his Freshman year (especially that Duke game). It was downhill from there (and his draft stock ended up completely crashing, falling from a projected high lottery pick as a freshman to not getting drafted at all).

Jones' production dropped because the entire team got better. Lamb played better. Miller played better. The lobs that went to him were split between 3-4 guys.

He absolutely improved. Remember as a freshman the awful shots he would take from the perimeter? Or when he'd pump fake four times and fall back and get his shot blocked from three feet? Or when he'd over help and leave a wide open offensive rebound? Or when his shot wouldn't fall and he'd pick up two cheap fouls quickly trying to steal the ball from the guy who rebounded his miss?

Poythress kept his scoring and rebounding averages roughly the same freshman/senior year, cut his turnovers in half, and shot better from the floor while playing better defense. His win shares stayed the same but his box plus-minus tripled as a senior. Some regression.

Terrence Jones improved immensely from year 1 to year 2. He was downright awful for a large percentage of his freshman season after a hot start.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
So... Jones couldnt get off the bench at all last year. Wenyen has had some outstanding rebound games that he didnt last yer.

You are being overdramatic, it's dumb, not surprised, you have done this before.

Those 2 are never going to be stars but they have improved.

You have yet to make a factual statement. Just admit you are pissed and talking out your ass, most of us have been since the last minutes of the Auburn game...

Ok good rebounding for a game or two constitutes improvement. That's a big fail on your part. Jones couldn't get off the bench last year cause of Bam and Hump.

And actually I'm not pissed. And I didn't watch the game so you failed again.

Reactions: - Keyser Soze -
Ok good rebounding for a game or two constitutes improvement. That's a big fail on your part. Jones couldn't get off the bench last year cause of Bam and Hump.

And actually I'm not pissed. And I didn't watch the game so you failed again.

I fail...blah blah blah...

You dont watch games, but you are the resident expert...

I fail...blah blah blah...

You dont watch games, but you are the resident expert...

No you're acting the expert. I never said I new anymore than anyone else. It's my opinion Gabriel and Jones haven't improved any. And yes you have failed to prove they have like you said they have (expert). Cal tried to force Gabriel into the starting line up last year. Only, and finally realizing Willis was the much better option. And I do watch the games, just didn't this one.

I don't believe that Virginia or Villinova have a Wall or Davis
I don’t believe I said they did. But get back with me when Virginia actually does something in the NCAA tournament because they never have. Same with Purdue. Now Nova has a nice run the year they win the title but they have sucked in the tournament under Wright as a general rule. And he went 13-19 four years ago.

Reactions: brianpoe
I don’t believe I said they did. But get back with me when Virginia actually does something in the NCAA tournament because they never have. Same with Purdue. Now Nova has a nice run the year they win the title but they have sucked in the tournament under Wright as a general rule. And he went 13-19 four years ago.
Um, I was actually agreeing with you in a roundabout way. I took it that another guy was ragging on you because we don't have a Davis and Wall. My point is that you don't have to

ADVERTISEMENT