ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Goes Old School In Practice, Makes It Harder Than Games

You lost me at incredible season
even before the loss, we had one significant win in 6 games.

I'm not going to speak for the poster who used the word incredible but the only way that I could see anyone deeming the season "incredible" at this point, even caveating by Cal standards (which is problematic in itself) is putting weight on some fictional recruiting banner for bringing in a talented class.

What I will emphasize is for Cal to do something and leak it out to the media at this point in the season tells me he knows that the UNC-W was a severe screw up on his part, but his first attempt at resolving it is to make the players work so hard they overcome his outdated coaching philosophy and not address that he may have to limit minutes to players he'd normally want to play in order to maximize the offensive potential of this team.

He'll continue this approach hoping that the losses don't force him to actually coach the team like a traditional coach would - IE , what the fans will be telling him to do for 3 weeks before he decides to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ManitouDan
So he hasn't been having hard practices up to this point?
simon cowell facepalm GIF
You know he just rolls the ball out there.

I respectfully disagree with this. At least the part about some posters being dumb, uneducated, and ignorant. Even if we disagree with someone’s point of view, or do not like how they structure their posts, I think generalizing fans in this way is over the top. A doctor, coal miner, banker, janitor etc etc has every right to express their views without questioning their education- which is irrelevant, and not a prerequisite, to being a fan.
I respectfully disagree. Fans on here posting that Dan Hurley can't be the next UK coach because he's a "dookie". But oh wait, Dan Hurley never went to Duke, he went to Seton Hall. So yes, I'd describe that as ignorant and completely lacking fundamental knowledge. I could care less how someone structures their posts, never once did I make that a part of my argument.

But when you're making claims, arguments, assertions that totally lack insight, lack any root in fact, that are completely false, etc - then yeah I'm going to call it out. And when the "Cal-haters" surface, they're typically wrong about nearly everything they claim.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT