ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Goes Old School In Practice, Makes It Harder Than Games

So, the timeout at 13-4. Do you imagine he was discussing dinner? Halftime. More of the same?

So, the complaint is now that he didn't bench everybody who was running at half speed. Not that he "reverted".

I don’t understand why he didn’t coach them to make more shots. Reverted back to shoo poorly from 3.

Well I figured out at 3 that whoever puts the ball in the basket the most times whens the game. I hope they put in some time on D as well but making shots and playing good on offense can get guys going on the other end of the floor.
That’s right. And if I keep you from scoring I beat you. Totally neuter you. I don’t even have to score much. Leave you utterly humiliated and your mommy crying how cruel I am. That’s victory.

Defense. Nothing is more important. Deal utter humiliation. If you didn’t learn that after the last game, you never will. They dropped 80 on us. Embarrassing.

So, the timeout at 13-4. Do you imagine he was discussing dinner? Halftime. More of the same?

So, the complaint is now that he didn't bench everybody who was running at half speed. Not that he "reverted".

I don’t know where you are getting half speed at? I am asking you a question.

Who’s responsible for how the players play in a particular game?

I think at 13-4 if he addressed that they are not passing the ball and playing as a team and they continued to go down that path then what in the world is he on the sidelines for? If the players do not respond or listen to you as a coach wouldn’t you take them out?

Obviously you are one of the “Cal can do no wrong crew.” Which is perfectly fine if that is your opinion.

There is no way you can look at a loss to UNC-W And the way that game went and not say Cal is at fault in some ways. Calipari himself said it was his fault in the article!

If fans watch UK lose to a mid major at home and don’t have a complaint at all then all hope is lost for the fanbase.

I don’t know where you are getting half speed at? I am asking you a question.

Who’s responsible for how the players play in a particular game?

I think at 13-4 if he addressed that they are not passing the ball and playing as a team and they continued to go down that path then what in the world is he on the sidelines for? If the players do not respond or listen to you as a coach wouldn’t you take them out?

Obviously you are one of the “Cal can do no wrong crew.” Which is perfectly fine if that is your opinion.

There is no way you can look at a loss to UNC-W And the way that game went and not say Cal is at fault in some ways. Calipari himself said it was his fault in the article!

If fans watch UK lose to a mid major at home and don’t have a complaint at all then all hope is lost for the fanbase.

Where I come from everyone is accountable, coach on down. You can’t lose to to UNC Wilmington and not share the blame, unless you have an agenda.

UK. The Club Med of college basketball. Twist an ankle, take all the time you want. Don't want to play at all, have it your way. Practice? Who needs practice? Let's not push too hard so as not to make anyone uncomfortable. And if you're really special, and still have spots, you get all the minutes you want to figure out who you are. Money, cars, and all the adulation and coeds you want? That's built in. Is there anything else we can do for you today (except carry all the above on our shoulders with our wallets)?

Last edited:
The one thing that I do agree with (that Cal said) is that you can't blame the loss on DJ Wagner's absence.

The loss is all on Cal and the fact that he's simply a terrible basketball coach.
I mean even without Wagner we still should’ve beat the all mighty Seahawks of Wilmington North Carolina… I just can’t do it with Cal no more I just can’t…

UK. The Club Med of college basketball. Twist an ankle, take all the time you want. Don't want to play at all, have it your way. Practice? Let's not push too hard so as not to make anyone uncomfortable. And if you're really special, and still have spots, you get all the minutes you want to figure out who you are. Money, cars, and all the adulation and coeds you want? That's built in. Is there anything else we can do for you today (except carry all the above on our shoulders with our wallets)?

Trashing players again.

the work they done was hard
at the end they were all tard
but their draft stock was still ok
it didn't matter how bad they played

They're all proud to have 5 stars by their name
even tho they ain't got that much game.
Cal will get them to the draft
and UK once again gets the shaft
Was that in Cal’s book too…

“Old school” like teaching basketball fundamentals, teaching inbound plays, sprints till you puke, teach man to man as well as zone defense

Oh, he just turned down the rap music and made them scrimmage
can't coach what you don't know........fundamentals, inbounds plays, zone defense.......surely you jest:grimace:

That's a knock on Cal as well. Lighten up Francis.

That’s a knock the players, maybe you should lighten up and actually support the team you’re supposedly a fan of. LOL at this herd mentality you all have. Tripping all over each other to trash UKs basketball team on a UK basketball board. Same stuff over and over then it’s lighten up when someone takes exception to you trashing UK players.

After they reach the age of reason? The individual.

So why have a coach?

If Cal doesn’t face any blame if the team does not play as a team and lays an egg does he get any credit for wins and or championships?

Last edited:
So why have a coach?

If Cal doesn’t face any blame if the team does not play as a team and lays an egg does he get any credit for wins and or championships?
You use so many terms that are a little heavy for a game.

Completely agree. And I'll take it a step further, losses like this just don't bring out the "ultra-haters", it brings out the absolute dumbest (and I mean that very literally, uneducate and ignorant) faction of our fanbase
I respectfully disagree with this. At least the part about some posters being dumb, uneducated, and ignorant. Even if we disagree with someone’s point of view, or do not like how they structure their posts, I think generalizing fans in this way is over the top. A doctor, coal miner, banker, janitor etc etc has every right to express their views without questioning their education- which is irrelevant, and not a prerequisite, to being a fan.

That’s a knock the players, maybe you should lighten up and actually support the team you’re supposedly a fan of. LOL at this herd mentality you all have. Tripping all over each other to trash UKs basketball team on a UK basketball board. Same stuff over and over then it’s lighten up when someone takes exception to you trashing UK players.

Francis, lighten up. It's a game.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
the work they done was hard
at the end they were all tard
but their draft stock was still ok
it didn't matter how bad they played

They're all proud to have 5 stars by their name
even tho they ain't got that much game.
Cal will get them to the draft
and UK once again gets the shaft
The Ballad of Saggy Cal

YgMLQzK.png

He knows the problems a day later. He has no plan if his original plan fails. "3 block outs" are why they lost in the article. Gimme a break.

Coach Hall sat 2 or 3 starters in the 2nd half of an NCAA tourney game in '78 because they weren't doing as he told them. Cal figures out what's wrong in a game days later. Then runs to a presser to tell everyone about it.

Sitting players or taking minutes has always been the best way to get someone's attention. Not with Cal though.
I sids during the game thread in the 1st half he should pull a " Joe B " move and yank the 5 on the floor and being in a fresh 5 that actually might get after it . We lost that game in the first 8 minutes of the game . We came out flat as a pancake and pumped life in them . No excuse for being flat , Coach didnt have them ready .

This is just another game of fetch Cal is playing. He tosses the media sound bites to see how many of his MCGA/MKGA fans give chase. Don't get caught up in Cal's game of fetch. He is simply trying to control the narrative so as to dampen the obvious which is he still can't coach.

Last edited:
This is just another game of fetch Cal is playing. He tosses the media an object to see how many of his MCGA/MKGA fans give chase.
no one believes in the "tweak" anymore, and that had to happen because no on believed in Camp Cal

Reactions: ukjenning44
They are not just student athletes anymore. They now receive payment to play. Some receive more than a working individual. They are now subject to criticism.

Reactions: Ky_Bred_Cat
I'm agitated as well about that loss, but man it sure brings out the ultra-haters. One game after what had so far been an incredible season for Cal standards (or any UK standards), and the "want him fired now" crew is in full force. I'm usually pissed at Cal and his crap, but this one game to me feels like an outlier, so I'm opting to see how they respond over the next 4-5 games before I jump to extreme conclusions about this team and Cal being the root cause.

What's funny, I don't recall seeing ANY of these extremists on game threads or around here in regular threads prior to the UNCW game. Why does losing bring them out? Because they have one thing in mind - FIRING CAL - and when there is a data point, they are ALL OVER it like flies on hot sh*t.

I should make a long list of these aggressive whiners and then when Cal is gone and we're stuck with some nobody, losing games for years (don't give me the "it's Kentucky, we'll be fine" schtick), we'll have a special thread dedicated to them.

Let's see if the team can correct. If not, most of you know I don't hold back on my opinion of Cal and will not gladly eat crow. But this "see, I told you he sucks" crowd is just insufferable.
You lost me at incredible season

Reactions: ManitouDan
They are not just student athletes anymore. They now receive payment to play. Some receive more than a working individual. They are now subject to criticism.

Everyone is subject to criticism, LOL at thinking this is constructive criticism.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT