ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Fonseca says Diallo is staying

work on his game and raise his draft status so that he can become a lottery pick. He would be the most explosive athletic to play at Kentucky since Ron Mercer & Derek Anderson.

Depends on what they were saying and if it's used in context. For example, "if Diallo leaves" followed by slight pontification should be fine.

Even still I'll Self Ban for 2 ( make that 1 week) if he comes back just for the sake of it and in Diallo's honor.

A lot of people predicted he was leaving and were decent about it, but there are handful that were awful and will get reminded as they should, each and every time they post until football season starts.

My hopes are not up yet. It could just be the the Nets aren't interested, which is far from him coming back. He seems like he absolutely does not want to be here unless he has to. I'd still rather have CAM but that's just me.

Couple of items.

The Nets have picks in the 20's, a story came out today stating Diallo was not interviewing teams with picks above 20.

CAM would rather be at UNC than UK, give me the kid who wants NBA or UK rather than UNCheats.

Last edited:
Gotta be a tough decision for the kid. Your dream is to play in the NBA, but you're not getting maybe the info you hoped to get. You wanna go ahead and make the jump but it's not the spot you were hoping for. Be a tough decision to make at 18.

He'll be ahead of the other frosh when it comes to leadership which will be huge since we'll have 5 of them on the floor at once a good chunk of the time.

Reactions: brianpoe
Exactly what I expected you to respond with.
At least your consistent.

Look, all I can say is as a fan I'm not going to pretend to love this situation if I don't.

I've always supported the Cal way of bringing in elite talent over the product Tubby and Billy G were putting on the floor several years prior, and he is without question the right fit for this program. The day he leaves will be a sad day for UK athletics. At the same time, I'm going to give my honest opinion as a UK fan and sometimes it's not going to be in line with an approach that Cal's taking. I WANT to be wrong about this because I want UK to have as much elite talent as possible and Diallo is an elite talent, but I still won't like situations like this even if he does come back because I just don't like the idea of the program receiving the mocking label of "none and done". I don't like the idea that UK could potentially be used as a glorified practice facility without a player putting in minutes for us in actual games (non-Kanter situation). Some fans are okay with that, that's fine, we just have a difference of opinion is all.

And if he decides NOT to come back, I can guarantee you I won't be pulling up old posts laughing at everyone that said he would come back and he was just testing the waters to get feedback. I'll be too busy being upset that my favorite team just lost a really important piece for next season.

1plrv3.jpg

Look, all I can say is as a fan I'm not going to pretend to love this situation if I don't.

I've always supported the Cal way of bringing in elite talent over the product Tubby and Billy G were putting on the floor several years prior, and he is without question the right fit for this program. The day he leaves will be a sad day for UK athletics. At the same time, I'm going to give my honest opinion as a UK fan and sometimes it's not going to be in line with an approach that Cal's taking. I WANT to be wrong about this because I want UK to have as much elite talent as possible and Diallo is an elite talent, but I still won't like situations like this even if he does come back because I just don't like the idea of the program receiving the mocking label of "none and done". I don't like the idea that UK could potentially be used as a glorified practice facility without a player putting in minutes for us in actual games (non-Kanter situation). Some fans are okay with that, that's fine, we just have a difference of opinion is all.

And if he decides NOT to come back, I can guarantee you I won't be pulling up old posts laughing at everyone that said he would come back and he was just testing the waters to get feedback. I'll be too busy being upset that my favorite team just lost a really important piece for next season.

It was silly and immature for people to get so upset prior to making his decision, which he still hasnt made.

If he leaves most of us will be frustrated and if he leaves without a 1st round guarantee that will suck.

But all of the evidence we have been given suggests he and Cal have done everything like they knew they would back in January.

If he truly is not interviewing teams with picks past #20 then the kid is doing this perfectly.

If you didnt trash the kid then no one has lost any respect for you, I dont get why people who simply had an opinion are so worked up? @BigBlueFanGA and @LineSkiCat14 were predicting he would leave when he got here, no one is upset with them.

We have douches here who are either trolling hard or a fans we dont need ala Harvey Updike.

There is a difference between not agreeing with something and then people on here (not sure how shitty you were with attacks on diallo/cal) tearing diallo and cal to shreds like this would be Cal's new recruiting method and diallo used uk.
Jesus h Christ, he will most likely never have a situation where a top 10 recruit graduates early and comes in mid year.
Even at that how the hell was he supposed to say no. Only a fool would have said no.
There are several idiotic responses in that 29 page post that started when diallo declared.
All those poeople should go away for 12 months and get some perspective.
Saying shitty things about UK Players/coaches doesn't show passion, it just looks foolish.

Would love to him back, if for nothing else than having three elite wings playing together in the same offense.

Cal can send Diallo, Vanderbilt, and Knox to the first round in a year and start selling, “multiple elite wing forwards can play in my offense simultaneously – just look what I did with these guys.”

Plus, having Diallo and Vanderbilt out on the wing defensively can only be a good thing.

Would love to him back, if for nothing else than having three elite wings playing together in the same offense.

Cal can send Diallo, Vanderbilt, and Knox to the first round in a year and start selling, “multiple elite wing forwards can play in my offense simultaneously – just look what I did with these guys.”

Plus, having Diallo and Vanderbilt out on the wing defensively can only be a good thing.

Geez, would that be great? Already PG U and should be big man U. To be SF U?

Cal waits to get 7 SF's in one season while James Young and Briscoe held down the position until now...

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Couple of items.

The Nets have picks in the 20's, a story came out today stating Diallo was not interviewing teams with picks above 20.

CAM would rather be at UNC than UK, give me the kid who wants NBA or UK rather than UNCheats.

I completely agree. Plus, Diallo seems like the type who desires to go airborne and crudely teabag any mofo who gets between him and the rim. Give me six guys like that and I'll take down a Roman legion on an open battlefield.

Let's hope this is true and Diallo wants to play college basketball at Kentucky next season. Cam is a nice recruit and would probably help Kentucky a lot next season with his shooting stroke, but Diallo is one of the elite recruits in the class. Diallo is the type of talent you bring in and if things go well, the kid works on his shooting from deep and if that happens, we're talking about one of the very best players in college basketball. If the kid shows improvement with his shooting, he is one of those guys you just can't stop on a basketball court. Let's hope! While it's probably unlikely, even if Diallo comes back, still might have a chance at signing Cam as well and have the best from both players.

ADVERTISEMENT