ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Bowen to...Louisville?

DerekMcPwn

Senior
Sep 13, 2016
Louisville, KY
Weird. Crystal Ball trending in that direction. Hate the kid's hair, but he can ball. It'd be funny watching Pitino once again display his ineptitude in handling top recruits.

Reactions: Deli owl
This kid has allegedly committed to mich st, creighton , depaul and texas over the last few weeks. If he goes to loserville with deng and king at his position he is nuts. He will be gone by years end after riding the pine

Yeah stupid decision because Rick Pitino is only the best college bball coach of all time. One of 2 coaches to lead 3 different teams to a final 4 and the only coach to win a National Title at 2 different schools. Had he stayed here Coach K wouldnt be shit.

Lol...you do know Rick does well with 3 & 4 star players but is a train wreck with 5 stars?

Reactions: Mr_GG
Lol...you do know Rick does well with 3 & 4 star players but is a train wreck with 5 stars?
Hes won a national championship (same amount as Cal) and been to a few final fours without a roster full of 5 star one and dones too, you do realize that?

That would almost indicate it's the attitude of the 5* players.
Almost
His way of coaching is prime for the game that was the 90's
Kids want to be let loose now and Ricky has to be in control

Hes won a national championship (same amount as Cal) and been to a few final fours without a roster full of 5 star one and dones too, you do realize that?

When? 1996 UK team was not one & dones.

Ron Mercer is the last elite HS recruit to succeed under Rick

Reactions: Mr_GG

Players of Bowen's caliber should be considering what programs can help them best achieve a lucrative career playing professional basketball. Rick Pitino hasn't done that very well, at all. Incredibly naive and foolish to overlook that glaring shortcoming because he's won a lot as a coach.

When? 1996 UK team was not one & dones.

Ron Mercer is the last elite HS recruit to succeed under Rick
I said hes been to a few finals fours and won a title (at UofL) without a roster full of 5 star one and dones, what are u talking about?

I never said Pitino was good at getting players NBA contracts...thats not what he's paid to do, he's paid to win games at UofL and he's done a great job.

I said hes been to a few finals fours and won a title (at UofL) without a roster full of 5 star one and dones, what are u talking about?

That's our point moron! 5 star recruits have sucked under Rick...they need to stay away. No one said he couldn't coach. Rick has always done well taking no name guys, making them better & winning with them. For whatever reason, he ruins elite recruits.....ruins!

Yeah stupid decision because Rick Pitino is only the best college bball coach of all time. One of 2 coaches to lead 3 different teams to a final 4 and the only coach to win a National Title at 2 different schools. Had he stayed here Coach K wouldnt be shit.

The day you post something intelligent about basketball, well there's a first time for everything

I never said Pitino was good at getting players NBA contracts...thats not what he's paid to do, he's paid to win games at UofL and he's done a great job.

...like I already said, players of Bowens caliber have to consider more than "who can I win a championship with." They have to consider who can help them set themselves up for a professional career playing basketball. And, like I already said, it's stupid to look past the fact that pitino has largely failed in that regard simply because he's won a lot.

I'm sure the countless players Pitinos coached who haven't done shit in the league feel better at night by telling themselves "he wasn't paid to help me have a basketball career".

This is flying over your head. Go to sleep

I don't even know a single Louisville fan that would say Rick Pitino is the greatest college basketball coach of all time. Like that's just objectively false and absurd.

Also, again, there's usually a reason kids are still uncommitted this late and still adding new schools and taking visits. To take Bowen while under investigation would be the most Tom Jurich thing they've done in at least a week.

He has done terrible job at UL. Besides the couple of years his staff cheated to get players and hired whores, he has one legit final four in 16 years. He has gone to the NIT or not made it out of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament 9 out of his 16 years at UL. He has lost 8 out of 10 games to Cal since Cal has been at UK. He has been a total fraud at UL and I hope he stays there another ten years.

When did UL become a thing with Bowen? And what is this kid thinking with a potential post-season ban upcoming and like others have said Pitino is the program first, second and last.

Rick could have been what k is had he stayed put. He knows tbat, and has hinted at such. For people who think programs don't matter, he was the example that put your theory up in smoke. If cal not winning a title until Kentucky after decades of coaching didn't finally prove it to you, nothing will. You cannot win big unless you have a major program foundation today, and city programs don't usually cut it. The money and exposure from top programs is what lures great coaches who then can use it to lure great recruits. One of the laziest ways to explain college bassketball is to say programs don't matter.

If Rick Pitino had to use hookers to recruit to louiville, A HOF coach and one of the best modern coaches of all time, that's all you need to know. Rick did what he had to, at UK it never would have been needed.

I cant wait until Rick talks about it one day. The differences in recruiting and coaching Kentucky vs a lesser program and city school.

Cal might be the only coach Alive that at this point wouldn't necessarily need a huge program to succeed, and that's all to do with how fast he gets guys paid.

Coaching are the most important aspect in any sport where recruiting matters, but the program is severely undervalued.

You act as though having a roster full of 5 stars automatically entitles you to the championship. Its harder to win with freshman, it doesn't matter what star they rank. That's irrelevant! Sure, it's makes it more likely if they're really talented but talent alone doesn't win titles. Anyone who assumes that you should win titles automatically just because you have 5 star freshman is just ignorant.

What do you think Pitino would've done with the rosters that Cal has had at UK? You think he would have as many wins? I'm not talking getting them to the NBA, cause we all know Rick sucks at that. I'm just talking wins. Does Pitino have as many wins as Cal with his rosters? Hell no!

I'm not saying that Pitino can't coach cause he can, he's a good coach on the court, but to use Cal's usage of 5 star players as your anchor to prove that Rick is a better coach is ridiculous.

My thing with Pitino is he's just trash and a classless human being. Sure, he's a good coach but he's a POS person. He uses his buddies to help him cheat on his wife on a restaurant table, then uses them to cover it all up. THEN, he gives the lady money and tells her to have an abortion.

And if THAT wasn't bad enough to turn your stomach, then let me remind you that he allowed prostitution parties occur in the dorms that are named in honor of his amazing brother in law. Whether he knew or he didn't know is irrelevant but I'll always believe that he knew at least something was going on because well.....how could he not when it's something that serious over that many instances. It still happened under his watch. How can he honestly look any mom or dad in the face and talk about integrity or class? I would literally laugh at him if he uttered those words during a visit to see my child. How can he promise a kid's parents that he's the best man to "raise" their son for the next few years? That he's the man they can trust with their child? Really? It's a joke! He's a joke! What kind of values is he going to teach my son?

I appreciate what he did for us while he was here and if he had never committed these gross acts, I would still be a fan of his. He built us back up from the depths of obscurity into a champion again. I would never root for him since he's at Louisville obviously and would consider him no longer a Wildcat after getting that horrendous tattoo on his back but I could still respect him and appreciate him as a coach but none of that is a possibility after doing what he has done with himself while at Louisville. He's not anywhere near the man I thought he was when he was here.

He's not the man I want to lead my son and I'd take Cal every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Last edited:
Louisville does have some fringe benefits. :smiley:

Indeed. :pimp:tino

lcd_zps1q5exkxk.jpg

Well, unless he faces UK. What's his record against UK? What's his record against Cal in the NCAA tournament? Hell what's his record in the ACC tournament? Lol, get out of here with that great coach bullshit. He was great back in the 80's and 90's. Since then he's kind of sucked to be honest.

Or whores

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT