ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Bowen to...Louisville?

Yeah stupid decision because Rick Pitino is only the best college bball coach of all time. One of 2 coaches to lead 3 different teams to a final 4 and the only coach to win a National Title at 2 different schools. Had he stayed here Coach K wouldnt be shit.

Wow if you're that close to him do you supply hand towels for him after hours in Italian restaurants?

When did UL become a thing with Bowen? And what is this kid thinking with a potential post-season ban upcoming and like others have said Pitino is the program first, second and last.

Bowen must like whores, probation and the 2nd round of the draft. Different strokes for different folks.

That should be easy to prove by someone going to school there, if the information is true.
There is a student by that name but it doesn't have any other information to go along with it so no one really knows if its him or not.

You say that Pitino is the greatest coach of all time.... Don't you mean the dumbest ? Let's count the ways.

1. He left UK
2. Thought Sebastian Telfair was better than Rajon Rondo
3. Said if Jared Prickett developed a jump shot, that he would be the next Larry Bird
4. Said that Terrance Williams was going to be the next Dominique Wilkins
5. Said that Juan Palacios was going to be the next Jamal Mashburn
6. He took the UL job, thinking that UK fans, because of him would become UL fans
7. Karen Sypher

And as far as being the best coach. Lets compare him to Calipari.
1. In 16 years at UL he's been to only 3 Final 4's... Calipari in only 8 years at UK, half as long as Pitino has been at UL has already been to 4 Final 4's
2. In head to head match ups Cal has dominated Pitino 8 wins to only 2 wins for Pitino
3. Pitino has coached 24 years at a Top 10 basketball school, Calipari only 8. Give Calipari 16 more years here and Cal's Final 4 numbers will dwarf Pitino's.
Cal only beats Rick because he insists on playing with freshmen while Rick has juniors and seniors! No, wait. Let me try again. He only beats him cause he has more talent, and everyone knows it's not the head coach's responsibility to recruit better talent! No, wait. I'll try again later....

Wasn't Mitchell a 5 star? I think he was ranked top 15-18

That's our point moron! 5 star recruits have sucked under Rick...they need to stay away. No one said he couldn't coach. Rick has always done well taking no name guys, making them better & winning with them. For whatever reason, he ruins elite recruits.....ruins!

If you're good, work hard, get better, it's doesn't matter where you go. The all NBA team is full of guys who went to schools who didn't produce a bunch of NBA players. Curry went to Davidson, Deandre Jordan went to Texas A&M. Durant Texas, Thomas-Washington, CP3-Wake Forrest, Draymond-MSU etc. A player sets himself up for a great pro career not the coach, a school/college coach can do nothing for you if you don't put in the work on you're own and work hard, any former player will tell you that

...like I already said, players of Bowens caliber have to consider more than "who can I win a championship with." They have to consider who can help them set themselves up for a professional career playing basketball. And, like I already said, it's stupid to look past the fact that pitino has largely failed in that regard simply because he's won a lot.

I'm sure the countless players Pitinos coached who haven't done shit in the league feel better at night by telling themselves "he wasn't paid to help me have a basketball career".

This is flying over your head. Go to sleep

Adam Zagoria says Bowen will pick UL.

I think that makes UL (on paper) a better team than UK going into next season. Likely makes them preseason #4 or 5 behind Arizona, Mich St, and KU.

Not totally correct. Cal should have one that one in Memphis if it wasn't for a lucky shot. Being at UK or any blue blood helps a lot though because you get to pick the best of the best now so instead of getting one OAD talent a year you can get three

Rick could have been what k is had he stayed put. He knows tbat, and has hinted at such. For people who think programs don't matter, he was the example that put your theory up in smoke. If cal not winning a title until Kentucky after decades of coaching didn't finally prove it to you, nothing will. You cannot win big unless you have a major program foundation today, and city programs don't usually cut it. The money and exposure from top programs is what lures great coaches who then can use it to lure great recruits. One of the laziest ways to explain college bassketball is to say programs don't matter.

If Rick Pitino had to use hookers to recruit to louiville, A HOF coach and one of the best modern coaches of all time, that's all you need to know. Rick did what he had to, at UK it never would have been needed.

I cant wait until Rick talks about it one day. The differences in recruiting and coaching Kentucky vs a lesser program and city school.

Cal might be the only coach Alive that at this point wouldn't necessarily need a huge program to succeed, and that's all to do with how fast he gets guys paid.

Coaching are the most important aspect in any sport where recruiting matters, but the program is severely undervalued.

Glad he picked UL. Love watching games where both teams have a lot of talent. Likely means Deng will play PF with Bowen at SF and King at SG.

Guess Rick promised him that starting spot, which will end up with Bowen playing 12 minutes off the bench and causing chemistry issues.

Have fun, Cards.

Reactions: Blueaz and USSLair
It's really not going to matter who Louisville gets because I see a postseason ban coming down.

It's really not going to matter who Louisville gets because I see a postseason ban coming down.

Would love it but I'm not counting on it. Rick probably gets a few games suspension and they get a year probation, maybe. I'd be shocked if they got a postseason ban.

Reactions: Blueaz

I think that makes UL (on paper) a better team than UK going into next season. Likely makes them preseason #4 or 5 behind Arizona, Mich St, and KU.
Not a real shocker you would think this makes them a better team. In the real world I think UofL is now probably a top 20 team as long as they don't have any chemistry problems develop. And adding Bowen doesn't do anything to help them in the paint which will be their weakness.

Not a real shocker you would think this makes them a better team. In the real world I think UofL is now probably a top 20 team as long as they don't have any chemistry problems develop. And adding Bowen doesn't do anything to help them in the paint which will be their weakness.

19 teams better than UL??? Come on, hating UL is one thing, being a moron is another.

Every media outlet has them somewhere between 5-10 and that's before adding a top 15 player.

They do have a 7'0 top 25 recruit coming in as well. I'm assuming he will help in the paint.

Reactions: Kentucky31
19 teams better than UL??? Come on, hating UL is one thing, being a moron is another.

Every media outlet has them somewhere between 5-10 and that's before adding a top 15 player.

They do have a 7'0 top 25 recruit coming in as well. I'm assuming he will help in the paint.
Yep there will be plenty of teams better than them. And Malik Williams is 7'0 and 200lbs so I don't see him doing much in the paint at all. Next time you want to call someone a moron at least try to have a clue yourself.

Drew Deener. Seems too early to know though. Supposedly he shows up now in the student database

Couldn't this be another Brian Bowen ? There is some kid named Brian Bowen on Twitter that is a UofL student. Is this all they are basing their info on ?

As far as Bowen going to Louisville, I don't understand why he would go to Louisville when they are stocked at the wing with VJ King, Deng Adel and some other transfer, can't remember his name, but he sat out this last year.

They need help at the 4 and 5, not the 2 and 3. They have no depth with the bigs now. It makes no sense for them or Bowen.

This guy should add depth, but it is rare for a freshman to get significant minutes with Pitino. I don't see this as something that would improve their ranking significantly.

Reactions: BassCat75
Not totally correct. Cal should have one that one in Memphis if it wasn't for a lucky shot. Being at UK or any blue blood helps a lot though because you get to pick the best of the best now so instead of getting one OAD talent a year you can get three

If you add up titles from blue blood programs or second tier programs it comes to around half of championships won since the late 40's. If you add the amount of basketball oriented schools to it, it's almost all of them.

My point is that's not a coincidence. And Cal won his title at kentucky, the blue blood. He fell short at smaller programs. I think I'll consider that the program giving him the extra push.

Florida, butler, and Gonzaga are outliers relative to decades of the games being played and the typical outcomes.

It takes a great coach, but a great coach needs a great program. Otherwise guys like Cal wouldn't have chosen the path they are on. It would easier to just stay put, if it was.

Paper doesn't win anything.

Of course you have to work hard and improve. Unless you're a fantastic elite of the elite talent, still absolutely matters where you go...Crazy to say otherwise.

You can pick out exceptions to virtually every rule. Doesnt make it not the rule.

This is reminiscent of UK football fans who say "you don't need 4 and 5 stars to compete!!! Look at Randall Cobb!!!" Just misguided

If you're good, work hard, get better, it's doesn't matter where you go. The all NBA team is full of guys who went to schools who didn't produce a bunch of NBA players. Curry went to Davidson, Deandre Jordan went to Texas A&M. Durant Texas, Thomas-Washington, CP3-Wake Forrest, Draymond-MSU etc. A player sets himself up for a great pro career not the coach, a school/college coach can do nothing for you if you don't put in the work on you're own and work hard, any former player will tell you that

Reactions: Blueaz
Bowen must like whores, probation and the 2nd round of the draft. Different strokes for different folks.

My understanding is that he does not like the type of "whores" used by LilBro. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

He has done terrible job at UL. Besides the couple of years his staff cheated to get players and hired whores, he has one legit final four in 16 years. He has gone to the NIT or not made it out of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament 9 out of his 16 years at UL. He has lost 8 out of 10 games to Cal since Cal has been at UK. He has been a total fraud at UL and I hope he stays there another ten years.

I don't think the whores got them anything and that it was more about whoremongering for its own sake. There are plenty of better cookies on tap than whores even for far lesser programs.

This one isn't about crooked so much as squeezy. They just be nasty like that is more than 90% of it.

Yeah stupid decision because Rick Pitino is only the best college bball coach of all time. One of 2 coaches to lead 3 different teams to a final 4 and the only coach to win a National Title at 2 different schools. Had he stayed here Coach K wouldnt be shit.

Is this his mother, or his father?

It would almost be worth it for him to go to Louisville just to see dirty bird nation change their tune about having elite one and done players. I'm sure if he was to leave next summer and get drafted all those clowns would be talking about how great it was to have him in Louisville for just that one year and that he's L1C4 for life.

Reactions: DerekMcPwn
Kids, you can keep on quoting and quoting my comment/comments...couldn't care less what any of you think. It's not gonna change my opinion.

...like I already said, players of Bowens caliber have to consider more than "who can I win a championship with." They have to consider who can help them set themselves up for a professional career playing basketball. And, like I already said, it's stupid to look past the fact that pitino has largely failed in that regard simply because he's won a lot.

I'm sure the countless players Pitinos coached who haven't done shit in the league feel better at night by telling themselves "he wasn't paid to help me have a basketball career".

This is flying over your head. Go to sleep

He sure not going to win a championship here because Cal could get him to the Pro's but that's about it, Cal sure can't Coach

Heard Paul Biancardi on the radio say Louisville is more likely to go deeper in March than Kentucky. Part of his reasoning is Louisville has "a top 10 class coming in." I'll say the same thing to you about this kid that I muttered to Biancardi: Pitino isn't K or Cal. The next time he has a freshman, let alone multiple freshmen, producing at a high level it will be the first time. They may be great - if they are, it will be because of what they have in the sophomore-junior-senior classes.

Heard Paul Biancardi on the radio say Louisville is more likely to go deeper in March than Kentucky. Part of his reasoning is Louisville has "a top 10 class coming in." I'll say the same thing to you about this kid that I muttered to Biancardi: Pitino isn't K or Cal. The next time he has a freshman, let alone multiple freshmen, producing at a high level it will be the first time. They may be great - if they are, it will be because of what they have in the sophomore-junior-senior classes.

After the 2013 season, the pundits have been overrating UL and picking them to go farther, except for 2015. And they haven't do so once.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT